Dick Allen
Members
Everything posted by Dick Allen
-
Sox trade for Brett Myers
QUOTE (Wagz @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 06:44 PM) That is a bastard and he deserved to go to jail. Until he gets traded to the White Sox.
-
Sox trade for Brett Myers
QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 06:24 PM) I've had police try to convince my girlfriend that I hit her for no particular reason before so the "she was swollen at the time but didn't bruise" thing didn't fly with me. The description they gave of both being too drunk makes me wonder if it is as clean-cut as people would like it to see. I've seen a woman drunkenly batter a man physically and verbally and to think he won't retaliate in kind when super drunk is not as unreasonable as simple "wife-beater." But then again, both of us are speculating, aren't we? You're just eager to to pass judgment when the guy probably just got too rough while drunkenly arguing with his girl. He almost certainly made a bad mistake, but I can't be sure that it's as bad or simple as described and I don't think it is fair to convict the non-convicted in this case. I guess because he is now a White Sox you want to ignore the witnesses. There was more than one, and it wasn't like they were trying to take a professional athlete down, they had no idea who he was. If people now want to look the other way with this idiot because he's now on your favorite team, I suggest you quit watching sports for a while. Its affecting your judgement. And one question, if this was just an isolated incident where really nothing happened, why have they been going to counseling for years over domestic violence? Guys that hit women are losers. Brett Myers is a loser.
-
Sox trade for Brett Myers
QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 06:13 PM) I've heard all the reports and I don't know what to believe. Nobody was ever convicted is all I know. I'll let the man play baseball and I assume KW asked around the clubhouse to see what kind of teammate he is. OJ wasn't convicted of murder either. The Meyers case went exactly as most domestic abuse cases go. There is no excuse to hit your wife.
-
Sox trade for Brett Myers
QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 05:58 PM) so if your at the game or watching on tv and brett is in to save the game, what are you going to do? youre not going to want him to get the job done? I want the Sox to win. I certainly won't be praising him if he gets the job done.
-
Sox @ Tigers, 7/21, 3:05, FOX
QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 05:44 PM) Axelrod sent to Charlotte That's surprising to me. Not that its a big loss. Who is going to be the long man? Might need one tomorrow.
-
Sox trade for Brett Myers
QUOTE (Wagz @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 05:39 PM) It helps alot of our pitching needs and if Houston sends us cash we will be in great shape. Brett messed up one time and thats all you know. His wife did not even have brusing and Brett is no little guy. I want to say that he messed up and we should forgive him because it was 6 years ago and not reoccuring. We dont know if he has done it again or in the past. Maybe he has anger issues and has solved them considering we have not heard of another incident like this. I'd like to see if he went to therapy or something after the incident with his wife. The police found her crying with a swollen cheek. The guy hit his wife in public. You may want to believe it was the only time he's ever abused a woman, but the odds are heavily against it. I know players are not all saints and probably most are total assholes, but guys who hit women are cowards and aren't going to be getting any respect from me. Ever. I'm just fascinated at all the posters who will defend him now that he's a White Sox. During his career, he's been beat up worse than he beat his wife by AL teams 5.64 ERA, near .900 OPS against. Great move KW.
-
Crain and Floyd expected back MON, Barnum ok
QUOTE (Brian26 @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 04:19 PM) 1 Peavy 2 Sale 3 Quintana 4 Floyd 5 Humber Bullpen 6 Myers 7 Reed 8 Thornton 9 Santiago 10 Jones 11 Axelrod 12 Septimo? Omogrosso and Veal back to minors? Personally, I like Veal more than Septimo, but I'm not sure the White Sox do.
-
Sox @ Tigers, 7/21, 3:05, FOX
Tomorrow is a real big game. Sox will either have the lead or 1.5 behind and swept with Peavy and Sale and facing a guy with a 10.00 ERA game 3. They have to start scoring some runs again. Maybe tomorrow is when it begins.
-
Sox trade for Brett Myers
QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 03:21 PM) This is a pretty savvy move. Seems like there isn't enough info for us to pass judgement on the wife incident, I'll trust KW to have done his homework. Thdre were only many witnesses that saw him beat the s*** out of her on the street.
-
Sox trade for Brett Myers
The other thing about it is at this point he's not very good. I think this is a disgusting move.
-
Sox @ Tigers, 7/21, 3:05, FOX
QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 04:35 PM) Adam Dunn. Such a fearsome #3 hitter. Nice job, big man. Way to get it started. Adam is a good offensive player but his. 203 average suggests he is not a good hitter. The 3 hole is supposed to be for your best hitter.
-
Sox trade for Brett Myers
QUOTE (northside sawx @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 02:57 PM) Punching your wife now equals serial enabling child molestation??? Come on, man. I've made several huge mistakes in my life too. And I can honestly say with out second chances I would not be posting this right now. Beating women is as disgusting as it gets. Using the wife forgives him is silly battered wives almost always take the blame and anyone giving j4l crap about saying its most likely happened more than once, obviously has never read or watched anything on the subject. I am willing to cheer for a lot of flawed people, but wife beaters aren't among them.
-
Sox trade for Brett Myers
Wife beater's are really hard to cheer for.
-
White Sox/Tigers head to head, who do you take?
QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 08:02 AM) The Sox are all professionals, and they know that these series 90 games into the season don't mean s***. You want to win every game against the Tigers and you'd like to always be in first place, but there's a lot of baseball ahead of us. "Biggest series of the season" is a tremendous overstatement with all of the games left to play. The guys on the team are just trying to win because wins are good, not because their fans get too worked up over every divisional game. They also know that there a few guys on offense not clicking, we're short two starters, and our bullpen is full of unfamiliar names. Some of that will change and the sky won't be falling anymore. I disagree. This is a huge series. If the Sox win 2 out of 3 they keep the Tigers off their back and maybeput some doubts in their minds, while perhaps building more confidence in themselves. If they get swept, it could all go south in a hurry. Head to head and division games are always important. And the White Sox think its a huge series too. That's why Crane is going to be activated without a rehab assignment.
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Jul 20, 2012 -> 12:18 PM) sneak preview of the 2013-2014 season Dick's is going to have to put theirs where you put it.
-
2012 White Sox Catch-All thread
Blaming Ozzie for Rios not playing hard is just as ridiculous as any praise Greg continues to throw Ozzie's way. Alex is supposed to be professional. Playing hard should be assumed. I am glad he's playing hard now. .
-
GT 7/18: Sox @ Sawx, 6:10pm
QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 08:07 PM) Both pitchers can make it, but neither can make a bad pitch to power hitters with 2 men on base. One of them has done it twice in 4 innings, the other has hardly done it. I will not be voting for Pedro.
-
GT 7/18: Sox @ Sawx, 6:10pm
Hernandez wasn't very impressive and should go back to Charlotte tonight, but not exactly the easiest way to break in. You still have to show you belong and he didn't step up.
-
The Pierre-Viciedo Debate
I'm thinking KW re acquires Lillibridge to platoon with Dunn. Dunn has an under .700 OPS vs. LHP and strikes out about have his plate appearances vs. them. He makes too many outs. Lillibridge showed last year he hits lefties well. He'd look good in the 3 hole.
-
The Pierre-Viciedo Debate
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 01:31 PM) So please bless and grace us with your opinion on where the might Juan Pierre would hit in the line-up. And you're not taking into consideration Viciedo is probably even or better with him defensively and has a MUCH better arm to prevent every single baserunner in the majors from challenging him. Are you factoring in all the extra bases and runs scored because of Pierre's arm in LF? Heck, he cost us 2-3 wins in April/May 2011 alone with his atrocious defense. You can't just look at one single dimension. He had him hitting second against RHP yesterday. Maybe he forgot to take meds today and forgot. I'm sure he's just trolling.
-
Trade Deadline Top Pitching Targets
QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 12:04 PM) Jon Heyman @JonHeymanCBS with cain in mind, #phillies planning to offer hamels close to $130M for 6 yrs but may go bit higher. That is totally insane.
-
Trade Deadline Top Pitching Targets
QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Jul 18, 2012 -> 11:54 AM) it also shouldnt take THAT much to get liriano. hes not an ace, hes going to be a free agent, there are better options out there. id imagine that the twins rather get something for him. dont see what we could give them as the center piece though. id imagine that they would want quintana. they dont need outfielders at all(mitchell) The White Sox haven't made a trade with Minnesota since Hawk was the GM. I don't think they will make a deal with them now.
-
John Danks diagnosed with a grade 1 scapula tear
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 02:16 PM) Mark Gonzales @MDGonzales Danks playing catch again today. When he gets to the towel drill, I'll get excited. I hope he's OK, but I really wonder.
-
Penn State horror story
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 02:00 PM) Penn Staters are so f***ed up. When those kids grow a little older and hear about what went on there, I wonder what they will think about mom and dad having their picture taken there.
-
PK must be moved out of the cleanup spot
QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 17, 2012 -> 11:49 AM) Regression to the mean, you didnt think he was going to hit 400 all year did you? Moving one of your best hitters for a short period of time is not all that smart or effective. Especially since we have been WINNING games. That's what I don't understand. The team is winning, why mess with a line up that is working? Paulie will bounce back. You put another guy in the 4 hole and move some other players up, that might make them go into a funk.