Everything posted by Harry Chappas
-
2025-26 NFL Season Thread
Wirtz/Ricketts Reinsdorf - I would think he has wealth access not as much as above but more than McCaskey The McCaskeys are a mom and pop operation and they are spending a lot more on the operation then they have in the past. Dennis Allen is making $5M. Not certain the stadium is generating the revenue to pay for a minimum of $2B in Debt servicing. There needs to be other businesses to shift funds around and I am not certain they have this.
-
“The 78” + "The Railyard" = the future of the Sox and Fire
It's all optics. The state of Illinois is going to blow $1B somewhere whether it's on the Bears or some other poor business/governmental waste/decision. The fact the state is now asking the Bears to pay for the bonds is completely ridiculous and boarderline insane.
-
2025-26 NFL Season Thread
Agreed but he meatball Bears fans still think the Bears have $8B sitting in a checking account. I think if IN pays the full amount it gets built in IN. Greg's high school may even play their football championship there LOL
-
2025-26 NFL Season Thread
Flipping topics here, I heard (not sure how true) on radio that Indiana will pay for the Bears stadium. The radio conversation was that the Bears make billions so they should not move. I still am of the thought that the McCaskey family has wealth from owning the Bears but it is mostly on paper. Yes they have money but not enough to walk away from the offer. Indiana knows what it is doing. They can build for $2B what will cost Illinois $3B. Tie it in with Hard Rock Casino. It's closer to me than Arlington Heights.
-
2025-26 NFL Season Thread
I was at the game and it was surreal. Not as good as world series but right there with Bulls championship games I was at. The Bulls were MJ as I don't really care about basketball as much but when they beat the Knicks it was awesome. The 4th quarter was surreal. I rewatched it yesterday and here are the things that stuck out. I totally forgot about the missed FG. Love is a system guy and they can move on easily from him. He was awful in the second half. Ben Johnson seemed to be having a very bad day until he had a really good day. The play design on the DJ Moore play will dissected for a while. I believe Wright was at TE with Theo at LT to set up the WR screen. It had been run 5 times previously as a screen. The Packers on their missed FG drive stopped the clock three times going OOB that's how the Bears had so much time. If the defense can get a bit more healthy this week and mother nature gets angry, who knows. Lafleur and Love fell apart in the 4th quarter. If I am the Packers, Harbaugh intrigues me.
-
White Sox claim C Drew Romo off waivers, DFA Ben Cowles
Quero packages with Robert makes sense for all the wrong reasons. The Sox won't eat money and will get a meh return because of it but better than just Robert as a pure salary dump.
-
2025-26 NFL Season Thread
I'm speaking to how the right coach can flip the script. I believe he has done that in New England. 3 of top 5 coach of the year candidates are new hires.
-
2025-26 NFL Season Thread
Teams are seeing what Vrabel, Coen, Johnson, Seahawks guy, etc. can do and they are looking to jump on the exploratory ship.
-
2025-26 NFL Season Thread
I pointed out yesterday that every asset that they have this offseason needs to be earmarked to defense. I am not certain there are any holes on offense that need attention but I am not up on contract status either. The health of the interior line and QB was huge. Hopefully both of those items are sustainable moving forward. I like that there is a structure in place to build. The offense (Johnson) and defense (Allen) are sustainable pieces so moving forward it's all about the talent and cap management. I do not think Allen gets another job and I hope he and Ben can work together long term. I have zero expectations for Sunday based on the fact we will have played the Packers 3 times after Thanksgiving and I think their offense can carve up our defense. I am hopeful because the game is at home and the offense if it clicks may work out. The future is bright and regardless of Saturday, this season was a major success in formulating a successful NFL franchise.
-
2025-26 NFL Season Thread
Ok
-
2025-26 NFL Season Thread
The defense is one of the worst in football and should be addressed. That was my point. I am not panicking over how bad they are, it is reality.
-
2025/2026 College Football Thread
I think they have been to six straight championships. The River Falls coach post game was awesome. Completely different game of football. It is odd how FCS (Dakotas, Montana, ISU?) DII (Ferris St) and DIII (North Central, Wisconsin state schools, Mt Union) are all controlled by the middle/ north area of the country.
-
2025-26 NFL Season Thread
Any player on the defense that is making any kind of money that does not kill the cap should be released. Why Stevenson is not playing is beyond me. I know he was injured/sick/bad/poor attitude but did not see him on an injury report. I am hoping Johnson is still injured because if he is healthy he needs to be cut. He and Sweat were awful extensions that were paid because of one good year. The defense has gotten worse when the starting linebackers came back and the Bears went to a lovie defense of bend but don't break. I am not certain a team has punted in the last three games. Love will pass for 400 yards Saturday against this defense. Every asset/signing this offseason needs to be on defense. A couple of weeks ago I had mentioned trading Rome and the #1 to move high in the draft but DJ Moore seems to disappear during games and its odd. I like him and he seems to be a gamer but moving on from him seems best, his contract may make that difficult. If we can trust Luther long term, he is a dude. Best WR on the team.
-
Passan: Astros sign Imai
Signing Imai screams Robert salary dump coming.
-
Passan: Astros sign Imai
I think the FA thing can be negotiated and that was what they did with Murakami. Not sure how that impacts the posting fee.
-
2025-26 NFL Season Thread
This may sound idiotic but I'd package the #1 and Rome to move up in the draft for a top DL I think they will move Moore but will only get a late round pick for him Burden seems to be legit WR1 and Loveland TE1 you can sprinkle around him and Moore with the TE & RB room
-
2025-26 NFL Season Thread
I thought last week was bad
-
2025-26 NFL Season Thread
Jaylon Johnson is awful right now. If hes not healthy I guess its a team call. Only guy hes hit is his own guy. This defense is awful right now.
-
2025-26 NFL Season Thread
Agree100% seemed buffalo was throughly in control
-
2025-26 NFL Season Thread
Wasnt 2018 at home?
-
**Water-Cooler Thread (TV stuff)**
I've been laid up for a bit and meant to start this. I will do so soon. Pluribus is just a different type of show. I am not certain how to explain it but it is worth the watch.
-
2025-26 NFL Season Thread
Didnt he also miss a few games recently. Go Steelers
-
2025-26 NFL Season Thread
Caleb can get better at some things but go back and understand this is year one for this whole staff so things are going just fine. MERCY! Now to go learn about the White Sox FA
-
2025-26 NFL Season Thread
I think he was injured on that illegal hit in Q1 that was nasty. Guy is a gamer. Burden is showing he can't stay on the field and Rome I am not fully sold on.
-
2025-26 NFL Season Thread
The stadium thing is really easy. The owners of the Bears do not have the wealth to build the stadium alone. They need assistance or leverage the team. They could save 30% if not more building in Indiana and probably at least 15% building outside of Cook County. If the state is not going to help offset the cost of building in Illinois and Cook v Indiana they will not be playing in Illinois. Indiana having two great domed stadiums while Illinois has no legitimate stadium in the entire state. Illinois pisses away billions on nonsense. This is a no brainer for Illinois and I do not care if Economists say it is not worth it. A good amount of government expenditures are nonsense. I'm Ron Swanson and I approve of this message