Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harry Chappas

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Harry Chappas

  1. The skiing side bar graphic showing the map and other data is very cool. Drone coverage for certain sports is amazing.
  2. I do not think the Indiana site is looking at an entertainment district.
  3. Jumped on Illini and then lost when I started watching. Seem very long but defense is weak.
  4. I love the oddity of the winter sports that I only need to see every 4 years. Curling, Luge, Biathlon, skiing. Not a fan of ice skating.
  5. I was rather smitten by the Italian woman yesterday.
  6. See, that is what I did not understand as I have never even seen a ski hill so good to know. Thanks
  7. Something bugged me about that. She was given a spot over someone but I am not certain how that all works out but it seemed that there was a story there that was not being addressed. Maybe they couldn't change or were just deferring to her after all she has accomplished. Story was that the knee did not affect the fall but who knows.
  8. Awesome ending to that and wow did Great Britain fall apart.
  9. Elections in IL are joke. Nobody is losing their election as long at the teachers unions are properly catered to and they are. This is pure ego trip Warren v state legislators. Maybe George crumbles but the Indiana cost certainty outweighs the larger debt and Bears risk in Arlington Heights.
  10. The Bulls are not changing. Maybe when AK's and Eversley's contract are up they go in a different direction by Reinsdorf is cool with .500 and a packed house.
  11. The first thing was my initial shrug and thought it was a tad overblown. Then I read the bullets. Plenty of second person things on this and others that kind of warrant acknowledging. Frank Thomas should have gotten his own page and Dye should have have gotten a blurb about being on the World Series team. Anyone involved in that should not be involved in anything related to that kind of work again.
  12. Just you wait until Patrick Williams figures it out.
  13. I will say it is refreshing to have an actual debate over two guys that 12 months from now could be in every top 10 ranking. While still have some legitimate young guys and other ranked guys. It beats needing to squint to find an every day player with a positive WAR potential somewhere.
  14. Of course they did. Needed that extra money for 30+ old reliever. Ah, the White Sox.
  15. So if the Colts are only seeing game day revenue there is no issue with events shifting from Indy to NW Indiana to the Colts and the NFL. Lucas Oil lease is up in 2038. Would they share the new stadium with the Bears...
  16. Are you putting Bonemer ahead of Roch?
  17. Any chance you want to carve out the Bears from this thread as it is getting really interesting. If the Colts have the same arrangement at Lucas Oil as proposed to the Bears they don't care about the new stadium. In reality unless you live in the northwest suburbs of IL this is a nonissue as there is no positive impact for where the team players. If you live in the city, the commute is similar and if it is built by the South shore line you have the same transit potential. This will benefit the Chicago area in that Soldier Field remains a better option for Chicagoland that would look at Arlington Heights for an event but maybe not NW Indiana.
  18. Pritzker family worth 10x if not 100x more than McCaskey's. McCaskey's are sitting on a gold mine without the ability to mine the gold but they have a nice Buckee's on the land so they are cool.
  19. Agreed 100%. Hawks seem to have ducks lined up hopefully the Sox are following suit but at this point neither occupy significant amount of my time.
  20. I was a kid when Boers wrote for the Sun Times. I didn't like him because he only seemed to s%*# on my teams as stated earlier. Kept me from fully embracing him on the radio. I did like him and McNeil, they seemed a bit different. I can't really get into sports radio as I once did. I actually liked Bernstein's podcast the couple times I listened and his little segment on WDRV I heard.
  21. Peralta seemed to not live up to the hype in the postseason. If the Brewers rotation can stay healthy they will be a lot of fun to watch. If Woodruff makes it to July healthy and they are in the running, they should shut him down until mid-September.
  22. Shows what a business it has become. I thought the portal was closed. Three different Big 10 teams winning and first non repeat winner since 96. That is crazy.
  23. Defense stood tall today especially the DBs. Moore half assing it in OT in a do or die situation...ugh Johnson gooing for it the second possession negates not getting it the first. I'm just not a Rome fan and am tired of DJ Moore. They need sure handed good route runners. Sky is the limit
  24. They have built two domes so i wouldn't doubt it.
  25. I would put them and Ricketts in the same category as owners that have the ability to spend with the top markets in the sport. If Ricketts cannot he should not have bought. Reinsdorf at this point should have figured out how to leverage the team but he doesn't care. It is a passive interest that breaks even. Nothing more nothing less, until he is dead we are stuck in this abyss of suck...maybe 2029 will be something but I won't hold my breath. My guess, and I could be fully incorrect is that Bears need the NFL cashflow to manage their operation and personal livelihood. An exception to the current NFL model and certainly one where they cannot afford to find $2M in debt servicing.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.