Everything posted by Harry Chappas
-
Illinois High School Football Thread
Jacobs plays in one of the better conferences in the state. Just about all of the teams play really good football.
-
2025 WS- Dodgers/Blue Jays
Similar to the Brewer player not taking the HBP, instincts are one thing but awareness is another. The coach especially at the MLB level needed to do a better job with that situation. I also thought with 1st and 3rd, a squeeze would have been a good call with Vladdy at third or getting the guy on first moving. You knew the pitch was going to be a breaking ball down in the zone to get the grounder and avoid the sac fly option. It was a pitcher is impeccable control. I know, all hindsight.
-
2025-26 NFL Season Thread
Playing with a messed up elbow as well. Seems to have gotten the memo on stepping up his game.
-
2025 WS- Dodgers/Blue Jays
Has anyone brought up the runner at third topic of him sliding. I know the secondary lead was bad but if he doesn't slide he is safe. He should have listened to Hawk. Kind of the flip of the Jeter play. That was a great world series but is tarnished for me as I just can't back the Dodgers
-
2025-26 NFL Season Thread
Benedet is trending in that direction. He escorted a guy 5 yards deep into the bench area.
-
2025-26 NFL Season Thread
My thoughts. The special teams decision on KO had an issue in the Minnesota game and it has gone downhill from there. Their KO coverage is so bad they should kick into the endzone every time and give the team the ball at the 35. The KR is awful and a guy was signed to make it better. Hightower is awful. Higgins and Chase are beasts and Flacco knows what to do with them. Rome should be in trending that way but I am not certain what goes on with him. He does not attack the ball like elite WR's do. The defense was going to have their hands full yesterday and they did. The Bengals offense is elite and the defense was given short fields on KO a good amount so I was actually ok with how they played. The inabiltiy to defend on special teams are the guys that are relied on for defense now and that is not good for anyone. There was something about Monangai that interested me when they drafted him. Loveland scoring was key as it allowed us to not have to rely on Santos as kicking seemed tough yesterday in that stadium and again special teams was not having a good day. I am not certain that was a "bad win". Defense was put in bad position by Special teams and the offense outperformed one of the best offenses in the league on the road. Oh and I will can any playoff game I can get.
-
2025 WS- Dodgers/Blue Jays
Michael Jordan felt that Game 5 was the most crucial game of any playoff series.
-
2025-26 NFL Season Thread
Only it Ryan Poles can figure out how to properly build a roster.
-
2025 WS- Dodgers/Blue Jays
Baltimore will be irrelevant in the NL East next year. They are not spending.
-
2025 WS- Dodgers/Blue Jays
Not a single person watching that game cared about that or viewed it negatively.
-
**Water-Cooler Thread (TV stuff)**
I got tired of it in the middle couple episodes but the ending two were fantastic.
-
Illinois High School Football Thread
Program is in the best shape it has ever been.
-
Illinois High School Football Thread
For the playoffs it is two Lincoln Ways (west and central), Rita, Carmel of Mundelein (amazing QB), Downers North (great QB), Glenbard West and can't sleep on Batavia. There may be others but that's off the top of my head. In 8A LWE lost this past Friday which is crazy because their QB (one of best ever in IL) was out but they still should have won sets up a semifinal of Mount Carmel and LWE.
-
2025-26 NFL Season Thread
I see no path to Bears victory next week and that is ok Sounded like the Saints took away the pass and the Bears decided to just run
-
2025/2026 College Football Thread
The year Brady was hurt appeared to debunk that but I think that may have a been a fluke as Brady succeeded with him and he has failed miserably outside of that one year.
-
2025 Division Series
Will depend on if Skubal can pitch three times. The NL division series myriad of off seems to warranted the cubs going Boyd game 1 but Tallion twice in the series would have been a better call..
-
2025 Division Series
I think the way the White Sox handled the Vaughn role is the epitome (one of many) of their failing as an organization. The bat was so special he had to be put in LF and RF. reality was he had to play LF and RF because the farm system was so bad they had no other options and they are cheap. He was the poster boy for a change of scenery. I don't think he will be anything more than a tad above average but I think he is ideal for the Milwaukee situation and will be put in a position to succeed. Exactly what the White Sox are not. The handling of the cubs pitching staff this series has been awful. This goes back to the Padres series.
-
Illinois High School Football Thread
LWE and MC in 8A final (should MC beat LA) will be a game to watch even if you do not like high school but appreciate football. Not sure I recall two more dominate teams.
-
Illinois High School Football Thread
Will be a great game 11 D1 offers from MC 7 for BR. BR is #4 in state and MC #1 BR is on Marquee in week 9 so buy it for a month. Decent games on it every Friday in October.
-
Clev v Detroit Lineups
About spending money, contending or both?
-
2025 Wild Card Round
The 3 pitching matchups are very meh for elimination games. Odd thing in cub game was Rea was warming up in the 4th, Soroka the 5th and Rea came in later in game. Just odd usage from Counsel. I dislike the wild card teams getting Monday and Friday (Dodgers Thursday) off. it is more of an advantage to the WC winners to have played while other teams are sitting at home. The starting pitchers on Tuesday can pitch Sunday and the NL is off Sunday so the WC winners in NL will get 2 of next 3 days off. I understand the option of losing is there. Just add two more teams to the playoffs in that case. I do not think the bye helps as much as it does in other sports.
-
2025 Wild Card Round
Cubs going with an opener than assuming Imaga. Cease will be at 60 pitches through 2.
-
2025 Wild Card Round
I'd have loved to have been able to care about games the last four years. Sucks to piss down your leg like the Sox and now Reds are doing but the one Houston game in 2021 was pretty cool.
-
2025 Wild Card Round
I know I have belabored this point but the padres playoff runs just looks so empty. I'd love to have it but they are just meh come the playoffs.
-
2025 Wild Card Round
cub bullpen 4 2/3 perfect innings