Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Harry Chappas

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Harry Chappas

  1. Griffey over Thome...... Owens over Wise.........
  2. QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 16, 2008 -> 12:17 PM) MacDougall was available and he's lightyears better than either of those turds. Horacio has some of the worse stuff I've seen from a major league pitcher this season and Ehren is horrid. My thoughts are that Guillen is liking what he sees in McDougal and after Wassermen couldn't get the one guy he was suppossed to out the whole thing was shot to hell and then Ramirez ended any chance of winning that game. It seems that Wasserman is getting more opportunites than Russell which is odd. I agree with the link you posted. I think Swisher is useless right now...DeWayne Wise has more big hits in my mind and I think Griffey may give a spark they need that Swisher has failed to do. To me Swisher is the biggest weakness on this team right now, bullpen guys included.
  3. I am interested to see how Guillen handles Swisher when Konerko comes back. I will keep my thoughtsto myself as thye are not positive.
  4. I think it was Cecil Cooper on the radio talking about how they packed without power and thye weren't really sure what was going to happen with their families and homes and what not then they had to leave. They wanted to play in Atlanta or Florida but MLB wanted the games to be played in dome and I believe Tampa was at home. After hearing this I think it was absolutly a dick move by MLB. I believe they would have forced them to play at Wrigley if the weather would have been better.
  5. QUOTE (Felix @ Sep 15, 2008 -> 10:57 AM) Closer are incredibly overrated. How many other players are glorified for their ability to get three outs without letting up three runs? (and before you say it, no, not every save has a three run lead) The point is that you want your best reliever coming in when the game is in question. Whether that's in the 9th inning when you're up one or whether its in the seventh inning up one with two on and one out, you want your best guy out there. What's the point in saving his arm for the 9th if you aren't going to make it there in the first place? Less opportunity to come back especially in the bottom of the 9th. If you give up three in the top of the 7th you still have 9 outs to come back, not so if you are walked off. I also tend ot beleive that hitters are more focused in the 9th if down by a run or two.
  6. QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 15, 2008 -> 11:17 AM) Texting while driving and making financial mistakes, I'm not sure what that has to do with anything here, but I wasn't referring to that. You're making a pretty broad assertion here (although you clarified it in this post, and you're not saying that anymore) that anybody that likes Obama or Palin is dumb, and that they do so because the media tells them to think that way. I don't see how this election is any different than any other recent election. Why don't people get credit for coming to their own conclusions anymore just because we factor in popularity? Maybe I think that people are more naive then dumb. I just feel that people do way to may things because it is popular/chic as oppossed to the reality of the situation and are to lazy to really look into wheather the choice is in their best interest. I think there are a great deal amount of people that are backing a candidate becasue they are following what they think they should do and are not really looking to see if it is in their best interest. I used texting while driving after reading that thread and the mortage crisis after reading that thread as I beleive that a decent amount of common sense would have alleviated both issues. Granted the mortgage thing is more a predatory lending idea but people need to really evaluate the documents before getting into a jam like that. As for the election, I am starting to really believe that poeple are not sure why they like a candidate. I am not saying everyone is dumb for backing Obama or Palin but that there are a good number of people that are backing them without fully understanding why. Maybe I am the one being naive and everyone is truely certain of their needs, wants and desires. In which case, I apologize.
  7. QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 15, 2008 -> 09:01 AM) Why is it that people have to be automatically stupid/ignorant if they like something that's popular? I said dumber not stupid or ignorant. Texting while driving is dumb see the thread talking about dead people. Liking Sarah Palin simply because she is cool/different is dumb she could be running the country. Liking Obama for the same reason is dumb for the same rest. Signing a mortgage without understanding the full parameters/long term affect is dumb.
  8. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 15, 2008 -> 10:55 AM) Ask Detroit and Cleveland that... ask the Mets, Philles, Brewers and Cardinals as well.
  9. This election falls right into line with the economy of this country and to me it feels like the entire ability of America to think for themself is non-existant. Sarah Palin blind following. She may be worth the VP role but let me see it other than to blindly follow John McCain. Obama blind following. While I like him he really has not had to work really hard to get where he is comparativley speaking. The mortgage crunch with homebuyers not really understanding what they are getting into with the biggest investment they will make in most cases. Text messaging while driving, that's a great idea. The blind following of the chicago cubs. hollywood "news" being treated as real and noteworthy. It just seems to me that America is becoming dumber and dumber as the media becomes more and more inept at communicating true unbiased information.
  10. QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 10:15 PM) Twins have to face Cliff Lee coming up in a few days, but tomorrow also they face a pretty impressive looking newbie named Scott Lewis. I think the Sox get the same three Indian pitchers to end the season as the Twins are facing this series.
  11. QUOTE (Steff @ Sep 15, 2008 -> 07:17 AM) The last few years...? Rowdie has been going on since I was in high school. Waaay more than just a few years ago Weren't you in high school a few years ago?
  12. QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 04:07 PM) It's likely those games would never be played. If they were played, you'd have to give the advantage to the team that has a reason to win instead of a bunch of guys who have their bags packed for the next morning. This team has a nice chance here as the Tigers should really not care about these games while the Sox have everything to get up for. Yet Vazquez really seems to be the only guy really jazzed up.
  13. I can understand why the Tigers seem to be a little lackadasical but the Sox seem to not really seem to interested in making anything happen. Oh wait as DJ has stated they have not hit in three days hence they are rusty. What is the excuse for the week preceeding. Verlander with an ERA of 9.45 in his has three starts..........
  14. QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 03:45 PM) Our offense is just sad. It's not just that they're not scoring runs, but they don't even come close to making solid contact. Why is Juan Uribe swinging at first pitch curve after a long AB by Swisher that resulted in a walk? Your quote right there is why the park is empty and there really isn't a good vibe to this team. Since the ASB 2006 this team just can not get a consistent facet of the game going for more than a couple of weeks.
  15. QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Sep 14, 2008 -> 01:39 PM) Well, looks like Baltimore is going to show up today. 7-0 O's in the bottom of the 7th. This Liz guy is looking like he did against the Sox, i.e., competent. I thought Guthrie was going to start one of these games instead of Olson. Would have been nice. He was scheduled to start today. The lose to Liz sits a little easier right now. It is bulls*** to talk about other teams showing up against the Sox and not agaisnt other teams. The Sox seem to shut down a-lot easier against other teams.
  16. You know what that sereis told me. The Blue Jays are really good. If not for an inept GM who finally fired the asshat manager and got a decent manager in there they would have been in the pennant race all season. They also lost another really good starting pitcher...the name escapes me. This team simply gave Reed Johnson and Frank Thomas away.
  17. I did not know that the Rays just took two huge last at-bat wins from Boston in Boston.
  18. Nice piece of managing by Gardenhire as he assured his team the 10th by using Nathen and getting the middle of his line-up into the game.
  19. QUOTE (BlackBetsy @ Sep 11, 2008 -> 01:22 PM) Not sure who this Ramirez dude is...but 67K in 66 innings and a 2.70 ERA. Mahay + Ramirez + Soria and the Royals have the makings of a moderately decent bullpen. Damn right. Geez they still have Soria sitting out there. Gathright needs to get on here and steal second and third.
  20. Twins saw all of seven pitches in the bottom of the 8th and they had a baserunner. Is it just me or do Sox pitchers never seem to get a hitter to swing at a close pitch. Olivo K's, against the Sox he doubles in that situation. Soria for the 9th and 10th.........
  21. Royals saw 8 pitches for 4 batters in the 8th and actually got a hit. They seem like a very different team against the White Sox as they would have worked the count there and gone through 3 different relief pitchers.
  22. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 11, 2008 -> 11:53 AM) Aviles 1-out triple, Guillen RBI double, tie game... royals already got 5 hits on liriano in the 3rd, 4 for extra bases... Liriano is not the same pitcher he used to be. He may become it again but you never know.
  23. This stupid post has been out there since May and now nobody wants to do anything about it. This team is still in first correct...to let it die now would be assinine.
  24. I just opened my White Sox season ticket holder box-o-stuff. There is a Nick Swisher bobblehead in there. I handed it to my wife and said "get this f***ing thing away from me". Her response, "big Swisher fan ah."
  25. This is a positive game regardless of what happens from here on out but I am still not a Nick Swisher fan. Also please keep AJ far away from the #2 spot in the line-up that is all gotta go.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.