Everything posted by Harry Chappas
-
Sox @ Indians 9-3-08
If Brian Anderson does not start today. I really think they need to release him. If you can not hit, and this team is struggling to do so then you need to put your best defensive players out there. Enough with the Joe Crede experience. I am also once again trying to figure out what Nick Swisher does so much better than Brian Anderson. The singing and dancing numbers are getting a little old when you can't hit. He has completly melted away on this road trip.
-
Carolina League Playoffs start Wednesday 9/3
Wasn't Rasner actually part of the catcher we traded and not really part of the Danks deal?????
-
MacDougal impressions
He looked like he had put on weight. I am not sure if it was his toned down delivery or what but I thought he looked really good. Logan looked good as well. Wasserman got hit hard but right at people. I think McDougal would make it over Russell if there is even a glimmer of hope that there is the 2006 McDougal out there.
-
WHITE SOX WINNER (8/31)
I just got back to a computer since Firday and I wan to reiterate my thoughts that the line-up shifting daily is hurting the offense. Konerko seems to be getting hot yet he didn't play last night. I am also tiring on Swisher as he is becomign a guy that gets the bases empty walk but when the pitcher coem safter him he is useless. Thome also has been hitting since early June. Griffey and Swisher really are not adding much to this team.
-
McCain chooses Palin for VP
QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Aug 29, 2008 -> 10:27 AM) oh good call. CAT FIGHT! yep.
-
McCain chooses Palin for VP
Hillary's position on this could be very interesting as well. The Dems could let her loose to attack. There was a part of me that liked McCain but I really see no reason to vote for him now.
-
McCain chooses Palin for VP
Who would you rather be president Biden or Palin........ Now that scares the living s*** out of me if McCain wins. McCain could be the model of health and he is still an age induced incident away from turning the keys to the country over to somebody that makes Obama look like a Washington lifer. I think this is a tremendouly horific move and based superfically on the fact that women will vote for anyone. This could get ugly.
-
Good Start!
QUOTE (ptatc @ Aug 28, 2008 -> 03:37 PM) The most common reason for the numbness and tingling is the ulnar nerve getting stretched. This happens because the ulnar collateral ligament (on the inside of the elbow) gets too loose. This is the common "Tommy John" scenario. However, it is by no means the only reason. There is a problem up a the neck called thoracic outlet syndrome which can pinch either the nerves or the arteries going down the arm. For the old timers, this is what happened to Richard dotson and the surgreons removed a muscle called the pectoralis minor to relieve the compression. The condition does not always need surgery. As Martinez said though the elbow is the most common cause and it usually requires surgery. You and the cat that explained earthquakes over in the SLAM thread really make me feel dumb. Thanks though it is interesting.
-
5th Starter
Do you want an elite closer or a question mark starter who may or may not give you innings and may be injured or become somewhere between Carlos Zambrano and Esteban Loiaza. Look at Papelbon for Boston. Without Jenks this team is toast. They have enough starting pitching but look around baseball and look at bullpens that struggle. The St. Louis Cardinals and New York Mets would kill for a Jenks. Who closes next year......... I do not think the risk is worth the reward. In regard to screws in elbows Farmer and Stone were talking about Adam Lowen and how it ended his pitching career.
-
2008 Chicago Cubs Catch-All Thread
Check out the cubs schedule the rest of the way not pretty for them. If Gallardo comes back and can pitch out of the pen for the Brewers and they make the playoffs and the D'Backs somehow make it to the playoffs as well as the Phils or Mets in a short series, I think the NL is a tougher playoff road pitching wise than the AL. I get the feeling that Harden and Zambrano may not making it to October, no proof just a hunch.
-
Loser
I am starting to think that the rotating line-up may be hurting this team. I have no proof of this but I just think that those guys that are getting the days off should then come out and hammer the balland they are not. Guillen was talking after the game about needing a day off......they were off last Thursday during a homestand. I find no comfort in that loss and the fact that they split a four game series in Baltimore. They need to take two of three in Boston or swwep the Indians as the Twins road trip is going to end the same time this road trip ends and that daylight they are looking for is not there.
-
Sox vs O's 6:05 CT CSN/WSCR
Gota make Liz throw more than 6 friggin pitches this inning. I would really like to see AJ moved out of the 2 slot.
-
5th Starter
By pitching Richard Monday instead of Floyd who would have been on a normal 4 days rest, Richard will face Boston Sunday unless they flip him and Floyd (who will also have 4 days rest by Sunday) then Richard will face Cleveland next week. I'd rather have Floyd more rested to face Boston than Baltimore but he Sox usually do not skip or push guys back.
-
Why the OC hate?
I do not know about the dugout and clubhouse but I do know from watching that he is really soft. I have not seen anything close to gold glove defense but he seems average and gets the benefit of a lot of questionable score keeping. The soft line drives thht he gets out of the way of (Saturday's and there was one early this or late last month). Are the epitome of his cushiness. He to me is the shortstop version of Carlos Lee when it comes to defense and Carlos Lee worked hard to become average.
-
Official 2008-2009 NHL Thread
The marketing of the Blackhaws is actually getting kind of sad in this regard. I guess that is where the disposable income is at. I feel the game will be a disaster with the inabiltiy to actaully see anything but whatever the joint is a shrine.
-
Why the OC hate?
He refuses to get in front of the ball (see last Saturday's debacle). He fears, literally fears contact around the bag. See any play around the bag also see any DP he flys up in the air. He seems really stupid and his nowhere near the bat control hitter he was promised to be. He does not seem to even want to be here.
-
White Sox vs. Orioles 6:05 CT CSN
Go to MLB.com and check-out the bottom fo the first in the cub game. Wid Pitch on strike 3 Passed Ball Big Z throwing error for some reason I think Z was just trying to keep it interesting andhte cub will get a 5 spot here and Z throws 80 pitches over the last 8 innings. Quentin ugh
-
White Sox vs. Orioles 6:05 CT CSN
Nice job by Cabrerra to get the run in, still don't like him but I hate him a little less after two productive at-bats.
-
White Sox vs. Orioles 6:05 CT CSN
That's a break they need to take advantage of.
-
White Sox vs. Orioles 6:05 CT CSN
Crede with a hit. Time to leave work check in later.
-
White Sox vs. Orioles 6:05 CT CSN
Nice inning there from Floyd especially after falling behind.
-
White Sox vs. Orioles 6:05 CT CSN
Konerko and Griffey end any semblence of a threat rather easily. Floyd needs to work smoothly and quickly sounds like the umpire has a big strike zone.
-
White Sox vs. Orioles 6:05 CT CSN
Maybe Swish should stay in the 2 spot?
-
White Sox vs. Orioles 6:05 CT CSN
The offense needs to crush his guy. Somehow I feel my man OC will find a way to dodge pitches not even close to him and ground out to second to start the game.
-
Nine year-old throws 40 mph!
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Aug 26, 2008 -> 12:33 PM) What is the pussification of America exactly? Fawning over the cubs and anything related to becoming metrosexual. Carlos Quentin is single handidly kicking the s*** out of pussification