Everything posted by chw42
-
6/13 GT - White Sox vs. Dodgers (3:10pm CST)
Isn't this the 2nd no hitter Yamamoto has lost in the 9th on a homer?
-
6/13 GT - White Sox vs. Dodgers (3:10pm CST)
If this would have been a perfect game, I would have been salty af about it. We hit so many missiles right at people. I know you gotta get lucky for a perfect game, but our xBA this game is right there with the Dodgers and they've got 10 hits...
-
6/13 GT - White Sox vs. Dodgers (3:10pm CST)
That was the year after
-
6/13 GT - White Sox vs. Dodgers (3:10pm CST)
Who the hell is Joe Rock?
-
Trade Ideas/Rumors/Proposals Thread
You'd be selling really low on him. I still think he can recover some value with a fresh start next year. He's not this bad.
-
Which historical Sox playoff (or good) team does this current team remind you of?
That team started way better, but from a team build perspective it is definitely similar to this year. Weirdly enough I think that team solidified itself as for real around mid June when they had to play Cleveland and the Yankees for 4 straight series and they came out of that stretch with a 11-3 record. Kind of similar to this gauntlet we're going through now. We're half way through it and we're 4-2. Hopefully we can finish strong and mirror that 2000 team.
-
and that's a CHASE MEIDROTH SHITTING ON LA WINNER
What a sports night for us. As the US scored that first goal the Sox started the 7th run 5th. Coincidence? I don't think so.
-
White Sox - Injury Tracker
Gonzalez still has options and Acuna doesn't. Seems like they don't want to just lose Acuna as some other team will probably pick him up just to have him be a pinch runner.
-
Official NBA 25-26 Thread
There's definitely something unique about his game. Whether or not that uniqueness translates to the NBA...idk
-
Derek Hill to Phillies, Pereira reinstated
I think so.
-
Official NBA 25-26 Thread
The Spurs' inexperience has really showed up this series. They could have won all 4 games (both teams could have). But the Knicks are just more experienced in the playoffs.
-
Derek Hill to Phillies, Pereira reinstated
Did you ask it if Acuna is a switch hitter? Maybe it was trained by Getz so it also thinks he's a switch hitter.
-
Derek Hill to Phillies, Pereira reinstated
I really liked Hill, but there's really no room for him. With Colson's back acting up so much they probably had to keep Acuna around.
-
And that's a momentum building first place in division WHITE SOX 2-1 WINNER
I've been telling myself if they're still in a wild card spot after this gauntlet, you have to go for it.
-
And that's a momentum building first place in division WHITE SOX 2-1 WINNER
You can definitely make a case that Martin won't be this good all year, but his peripherals all indicate that he's at least a top of the rotation starter now.
-
And that's a momentum building first place in division WHITE SOX 2-1 WINNER
I was talking to my brother yesterday about how good this lineup will look when everyone is back healthy (knock on wood) and how big of a log jam we might have because of that. And then we get to add the #1 pick in the draft on top of that.
-
And that's a momentum building first place in division WHITE SOX 2-1 WINNER
Do we still have the power of anime now that Mune is on the IL and Rikuu got sent down?
-
6/10 GT - White Sox vs. Braves (6:40pm CST)
Chase should have never swung at that 3-1 pitch...
-
White Sox win draft lottery, will pick #1 in 2026
I have to say that Lackey's improvement in the last year and him being only 20 makes it seem like he has more room to grow. Roch's been so good for so long that prospect fatigue has probably set in by now. If you can turn Lackey into a plus CFer (or turn Teel into a corner OFer), picking Lackey could make sense. But because he is probably a less finished product, he'll probably stick in the minors for an extra year. Roch's probably going to be ready by mid 2027.
-
White Sox win draft lottery, will pick #1 in 2026
It's only about half a season worth of PAs, but I don't think we ever saw Vaughn put more than 2 good months together on the Sox.
-
6/10 GT - White Sox vs. Braves (6:40pm CST)
I was shocked by this, but Quero is substantially worse vs. lefties this year. He has a .463 OPS against lefties and a .547 against righties. He hit lefties very well last year though.
-
6/10 GT - White Sox vs. Braves (6:40pm CST)
-
6/10 GT - White Sox vs. Braves (6:40pm CST)
Cleveland losing by 5 in the 8th. We could be in first place for at least a few hours by a few percentage points.
-
AND HE LOOKS BACK, HE RUNS OUT OF ROOM AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER WALK OFF ROOKIE DEBUT WINNER
He joins Carlos Perez, Miguel Cabrera, Josh Bard, and Billy Parker. Let's hope he ends up like the 2nd guy and not the other 3.
-
6/9 GT - White Sox vs. Braves (6:40 CST)
Depending on how well Braden plays, I'd love to hit him and Colson back to back just to mess with people. I also don't think Chase is what you would call a 5th hitter in the lineup. Ideally he's hitting in the bottom of the order. I'd hit Teel above him just because I think Teel is a much better hitter.