Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. You mean like how they killed Robb’s pregnant wife by brutally stabbing her in the stomach?
  2. Setup where? The show really hasn’t done any foreshadowing in that regard.
  3. Honestly, the offense looks halfway decent if Jimenez can work things out when he comes back and McCann can retain 80% of what he is doing. At some point if things don’t get better, maybe call up Collins & Mendick to replace Alonso & Sanchez. Not sure to what to expect from Mendick but hard to be worse offensively than Yolmer has been this year. The biggest thing we need is pitching and lots of it. Got to hope at some point that Ian Hamilton can regain his form and replace Nate Jones’ role. Cease will replace Covey in the not the too distant future, which will be a huge upgrade. And if Nova and/or Baneuelos continues to struggle I’d honestly consider calling up Lambert. It’s probably a one in a million chance, but damn does the AL suck this year and you just never know when you play in the shitty AL Central.
  4. I think we need to see what Narvaez’s numbers look like at the end of the season before we consider him at .850+ hitter. I know Statcast isn’t too high on him at the moment.
  5. I go back and forth, but he’s definitely one of them or at the very least some sort of relative.
  6. Lol...amazing you were able to shoot that off in less than a minute! Also, it’s pretty clear now that Ron is Todd Steverson and Let’s Go Ray Ray is Don Cooper.
  7. The Sox are now just two games out of the second wild card spot.
  8. I will admit at the very least he’s much better defensively than I expected and will make me look like a complete asshole when someone eventually bumps the signing thread.
  9. I said good, I didn’t say great. No matter how you want to slice it, this version of Lucas is a significant improvement vs. the worst starter in baseball last year. He looks like he belongs in a major league rotation. His ceiling still remains to be seen.
  10. Every time you gloat these guys go into the shitter, so decide what’s important to you.
  11. Yeah, I think officially time to agree Lucas Giolito is a good major league pitcher.
  12. The injuries may not be on Hahn, but the slow / failed development of many of our young guys and top prospects is definitely on him. He’s in charge of building the development & scouting staffs and if either of those functions struggle he’s ultimately accountable for them.
  13. I keep you waiting for the AA lineup to have its breakout and it seemingly never comes...
  14. Yeah, that was legit awesome and is setting up what should be two crazy episodes to end the series.
  15. Wow, wasn’t Frare called up yesterday? Did they really demote him after a single four pitch walk? My guess is we’ll see two arms. With this rotation, they need a few guys that can go multiple innings. The problem is most of the pitchers in AAA suck a fat you know what right now. I’m not even going to speculate who that may be.
  16. I don’t get this post at all.
  17. How did they open up a spot for Minaya?
  18. The biggest problem right now is we don’t have even have a single semi-interesting / viable starting pitching option in Charlotte outside of Cease. McCatty should be absolutely embarrassed with the performance of his rotation: Stephens: 9.48 ERA, 6.79 FIP, 5.35 xFIP, 6.61 K/9, 2.87 BB/9, 2.30 HR/9 Guerrero: 8.88 ERA, 5.80 FIP, 5.42 xFIP, 9.95 K/9, 4.26 BB/9, 1.78 HR/9 Adams: 8.00 ERA, 7.06 FIP, 7.25 xFIP, 5.00 K/9, 4.00 BB/9, 2.00 HR/9 Roach: 10.25 ERA, 6.90 FIP, 5.02 xFIP, 6.15 K/9, 3.08 BB/9, 2.39 HR/9 How in the fuck can these guys be this bad? Like I get they introduced the juiced ball this year, but I will guarantee no other IL teams are struggling this much. It’s very apparent IMO, that when it comes to Trackman info our developmental group is not pushing guys hard enough to make changes. Lambert is the only example I can think of in recent years of mixing up their arsenal based on what the Trackman data was suggesting. And honestly, I wouldn’t be surprised at all if some of the more old school pitching coaches in the system (like Cooper & McCatty) simply don’t value this information. At some point the results speak for themselves.
  19. Why in the world would you ever cut Ruiz when he has options remaining?
  20. Isn’t the 40 man full? Unless this means what we all think it means with Rodon and he’s going on the 60 day DL.
  21. I’m guessing Frare gets one of the spots. Is Vieira even eligible at this point?
  22. Callis did have the Sox taking Abrams in his most recent mock.
  23. He’s likely toast because of one bad outing in AA? You really are nothing but doom & gloom bro.
  24. He is 63 years old, he’s got to be getting pretty close to retirement. I appreciate his past contributions, but it definitely time for him to go.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.