Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. Yup, it will be yet another kick to the balls.
  2. I like Hector and really want to believe (depending on the specifics), but it’s really odd nothing has come out yet from anywhere else.
  3. Dumb question, but couldn’t this extension start after the 2019 season? I’m assumjng Eloy already has a major league contract for 2019 by being on the 40 man roster and an 8/$100M extension makes much more sense if we still get next year dirt cheap.
  4. Dunning might need TJS, but at least Santana is coming along nicely! All is well in the Sox universe!
  5. D just barely etching out the F for first place. I did my part and voted F.
  6. You are one strange dude...
  7. First, I’m not arguing that framing is as valuable as BP thinks it is, but rather am acknowledging there is some value to it that FG is admittedly is ignoring. To call Narvaez a 2 win player is flat out wrong unless you want to completely ignore one of his biggest weaknesses Second, I was trying to call out Caulfield for blatantly stealing your argument and representing it as his own. I’ll own up to throwing in the “Bot” in there because I do sometimes wonder if you are actually human or some sort of algorithm.
  8. Really? Dude missed all of last year with a different injury correct? Or at least it wasn’t severe enough to need surgery right?
  9. I don’t even know what you’re arguing at this point, but Hahn mid-reading the market doesn’t reflect a “we suck” tax it reflects a “our GM sucks” issue. There is zero evidence to suggest free agents are demanding more from us than other clubs, which is the point I’m making. I’m not sure how this is even an argument.
  10. This may be your dumbest post yet and proves you’re on some negativity-fueled argument bender right now. You’re way too smart of a poster to actually believe this nonsense.
  11. Are these serious questions? Come on dude, it takes two sides to do a deal. I’d love to extend Moncada, but he already has $32M in the bank. Why in the fuck would we extend a broken ass Giolito? And pitchers generally speaking are far more volatile than top 5 positional prospects, so I don’t think you’d ever offer one a pre-majors extension like this, even for a guy who is as talented as Kopech. I really think you’re just arguing to argue at this point.
  12. WTF...like I have no ide what this post even means. What does spending $100M on Eloy have to do with any of the names you just mentioned? How does this support your claim it’s idiotic to spend $100M on a guy who needs to “hit like Ramirez” to be valuable? Also, please stop pretending Narvaez is a 2 win player just because BaltaBot keeps saying it in his endless request to rip the Colome trade.
  13. I’m not defending Hahn’s offseason (it really did suck), but Alonso & Nova weren’t free agents so it’s wrong to say we paid a “we suck” tax for those guys. And we all know why Hahn added Jay & Alonso, so let’s not pretend those moves were anything but lame attempts to make the White Sox more attractive to Machado. I do agree Hahn completely mid-read the SP market with Nova as Gonzalez would be a significantly better option at a similar or lower price right now.
  14. Jesus Christ...you’re really starting to lose it
  15. Who did we pay double for? Jon Jay got the “Machado friends with benefits” tax, not the “we suck” tax. McCann probably got too much, but that’s because we overvalued him and/or mis-read the catcher market. I don’t view Herrera or Santana as big over-pays either.
  16. Not looking good for Dunning...FML
  17. I think you’re right and it’s with the Bears
  18. Why, don’t you love being tortured for months and then coming up empty-handed?
  19. What a gross trade idea and just an irrationally negative post in general.
  20. Throw in Banuelos in the 5th spot and I think that’s pretty much it.
  21. I don’t know, I think Minaya simply gets a spot along with Covey before either of those two guys.
  22. It’s cool they offer that. My oldest is only five so I can survive with just one account for now, but soon enough I’ll need to snag a family plan.
  23. Tetris 99 is fucking awesome. If Nintendo continues to offer up little surprises like that plus adds their back catalog of SNES and Nintendo 64 games the Nintendo Switch Online could actually be a steal at $20 / year.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.