Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
MLB traderumors FA contest
They aren’t bringing back McCann, but I could see definitely see Richards.
-
MLB 2020-21 off season catch all
They would simply trade him elsewhere...they don’t just have to give him to the Cubs cause he would be blocked.
- Offseason Targets
-
MLB traderumors FA contest
I’d rather have like 10 starters over him: Bauer, Tanaka, Paxton, Quintana, Kluber, Richards, Minor, Ororizzi, Walker, & Morton
-
MLB 2020-21 off season catch all
I think you’re losing it fathom. Under no circumstance is one year of Kris Bryant at $22M coming off a disaster of a season worth Kieboom or Robles.
-
MLB traderumors FA contest
Gross on the latter
-
Sox claim Emilio Vargas
Until you sign said player, you might as well use your roster spots. Plus Rodon & Mazara will almost certainly be non tendered putting us back at 38 in no time.
-
FS: 40 Man Roster Decisions and Rule 5 Draft Implications
It really sucks that COVID ruined 2020, because I really wanted to see what a healthy Adolfo was capable of.
-
FS: 40 Man Roster Decisions and Rule 5 Draft Implications
I think they try to trade Adolfo to be honest. I think he has one option left that will be used in 2021, but he’ll basically be in the Basabe situation before you know it. Obviously depends if they can get value for him, which admittedly may be a challenge with how much time he’s missed and not being exposed to external scouts.
-
FS: 40 Man Roster Decisions and Rule 5 Draft Implications
It might have been low risk, but why take the chance? He’s going to be 25 years old in April and on an accelerated path, so burning through an extra option isn’t that big of a deal IMO.
-
FS: 40 Man Roster Decisions and Rule 5 Draft Implications
Non-tendering Rodon & Mazara will get us down to 38 with Ruiz probably next on the chopping list.
-
FS: 40 Man Roster Decisions and Rule 5 Draft Implications
And people called me crazy for saying I’d do the same.
-
Offseason Targets
There’s a massive difference between saying we can’t win in 2021 and saying let’s not go “all in” in the first real year of our competitive window.
-
FS: 40 Man Roster Decisions and Rule 5 Draft Implications
I’d consider it if I was the Tigers or another rebuilding club. What do you have to lose?
- George Springer Thread
-
FS: 40 Man Roster Decisions and Rule 5 Draft Implications
I think it’s also the fact that he was a 1st round pick in a period we didn’t get much production out of. Burger magically returning stronger and better than ever and us losing him for nothing has a bit of a Tatis Jr feel to it. And yes, I know that’s completely irrtaironal, but I think it fuels some of desire for him to be protected (at least it does for me).
- George Springer Thread
- George Springer Thread
- George Springer Thread
- George Springer Thread
- George Springer Thread
- George Springer Thread
-
Offseason Targets
Sure, but it doesn’t have to be this year. In fact, I’d argue this is the perfect year to hold onto our chips and see what you have in your young arms unless you’re certain one of them is going to flop. Hopefully with a new pitching coach and normal season structure we get a better sense of what we have in Kopech, Cease, & Dunning. Go add a couple arms on one year deals like Paxton and Richards and revisit the need for a high end starter at the deadline. All that being said, I’m totally cool with trading for someone like Darvish at the right price. But I’m not eager to blow my prospect load coming off the mess that was 2020 when most guys are probably at reduced value.
-
Offseason Targets
Why is this even a question? Are you suggesting by not trading a core offensive piece for a pitcher we won’t win a World Series?
-
FS: 40 Man Roster Decisions and Rule 5 Draft Implications
That’s a fair point.