Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. Vaugh has that type of offensive ceiling. He’s going to hit for both power & average while also drawing a ton of walks. He’s literally a complete hitter.
  2. I seriously doubt Vaughn gets traded. Dude could easily become our best hitter and is dirt cheap. Eloy isn’t getting moved to DH until 2023 at the earliest.
  3. Why is Colas signing first? I thought last we heard he still had some ties to Japan. IMO, Cespedes is the more likely signing and makes way more sense for our roster.
  4. I think the peaking angle doesn’t really matter when you’re starting in 6 to 7 win range and you’d only have control of him for one more Eason. To me, it’s the latter point of his build / body being a risk for a substantial drop-off at any point that concerns me.
  5. I’m not suggesting it’s an unfair ask, but I’m one of Dunning’s biggest fans and see a good five year window in front of us that Dane should be a big part of. To me he’s part of the core and I’d like to avoid trading any core pieces for a short-term fix.
  6. This team appears to have great chemistry at the moment, no need to introduce a wild card in Puig who also hasn’t been playing.
  7. DeGrom also has an opt-out after the 2022 season, which changes the value prop as well.
  8. Yeah, they’re only a couple games out of the playoffs, so hard to see them selling right now. Not sure how teams’ view DeGrom’s contract as it’s big dollars but with huge deferrals. Either way it’s not cheap, which will limit the amount of teams interested and should keep the price down to some extent. He obviously won’t come cheap though even if the Mets are willing to move him.
  9. Lynn won’t be coming for extremely cheap. Cleveland is unlikely to trade Clevinger within the division unless it’s for an absolute haul. And Hader is a closer that would cost us massive pieces, so not sure why you’d want him. I’d love to add DeGrom, but the Mets would want a ton back for him.
  10. Jim Bowden from the Athletic has a trade he’d like to see every team make. For the Sox, he has Dunning & Stiever for Lynn. As much as I’d love to add a guy like Lynn, Dunning is more or less an untouchable for me.
  11. If you’re Hahn, how do you not want to do something crazy after tonight?
  12. Yeah, I don’t see him coming back for a lot of reasons, with him wanting to be a starter being a big one and something we really can’t offer.
  13. Edwin isn’t the problem, Vaughn is the problem.
  14. I was commenting on the proposal in the Tweet not to anything Sin City himself was proposing like his ridiculous Trout trade
  15. He was a 7 win starter last year and is on pace for a 6+ win season this year. His development of a cutter since TJS has really transformed him and he had barely started using it while with the Twins. Lynn is a different pitcher than you remember.
  16. Lance Lynn is a legit TOR starter, but he does have some question marks and is not a guy I‘d give up a blue chip prospect for. I’d give up one of Stiever or Lopez plus Collins & Adolfo, but I seriously doubt that would be enough.
  17. Who is our third “good” starter? Cease? I’m optimistic he’ll get there eventually, but so far he hasn’t been that guy in 2020. As for Stiever, Kopech & Dunning are clearly ahead of him and Crotchet could jump him as a soon as next year. He’s a great depth piece but I’d be willing to move him for a legit rotation upgrade for 2020 & 2021 if opposing teams value him accordingly.
  18. Interesting. I what wonder what qualifies as “long-term/core”? IMO, the most expandable prospects with some value would be Stiever, Collins, & Adolfo.
  19. I would never consider this trade
  20. You’ve posted 100k+ times here and still haven’t realized Sin City is a blatant troll
  21. Would be way too expense. Now is not the time to go all-in and trade our prospect depth.
  22. Is there a RF version of Edwin we might be able to swap him out for?
  23. There really aren’t a lot of teams that are obvious sellers unfortunately, which is going to bump up the price on the few high-end guys available. I love Lance Lynn, for example, but am not trading Kopech or Vaughn for him. Not sure if any other impact starters will even be available.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.