Chicago White Sox
Members
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Forum: Pale Hose Talk
Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
8-18 GT: Tigers at Sox
I was hoping it would carry out. Pretty sad we had a HR, two singles, and a BB and only managed to squeeze out one there.
-
8-18 GT: Tigers at Sox
Lol at Ricky for saying the reason McCann isn’t DHing more is to keep him fresh. If the backup batter can’t swing the bat five times every couple of days and be ready for his two starts a week behind the plate then we need a different backup.
-
8-18 GT: Tigers at Sox
McCann destroys lefties, hopefully this will be a good outcome
-
8-18 GT: Tigers at Sox
I love Robert, but Tim is making a statement about the leadoff spot right now.
-
8-18 GT: Tigers at Sox
MVP!! MVP!!
-
8-18 GT: Tigers at Sox
Seven pitch 1st with one K for Cease. I’ll take it!!
-
8-18 GT: Tigers at Sox
Aced him!
-
8-18 GT: Tigers at Sox
?
-
8-18 GT: Tigers at Sox
Interesting... facing a “rookie” and facing a “rookie making his debut” are very much different things, but I definitely wouldn’t have guessed we dominated the latter based on my memory.
-
8-18 GT: Tigers at Sox
Alright boys, today represents the second of a four game series against Detroit. The Sox enter today on a two game winning streak, while the Tigers are coming off six straight losses. After hitting six bombs last night, momentum should no doubt be in our favor. Today’s pitching matchup is a battle between two promising young starters. For the Sox, we have Dylan Cease making his 19th career start. For the Tigers, we have #34 overall prospect Tarik Skubal making his major league debut. Despite excellent velocity & spin rate metrics, Cease has struggled to start the year due to poor fastball command and an inflated HR rate. The talent is clearly there, but we really need to start seeing him locate his pitches better and get ahead in the count. Meanwhile, Skubal is a lefty with a big fastball and a nasty slider. Given our struggles against rookie pitchers in the past, this should be an interesting challenge today. Will be good to have McCann in the lineup and hopefully Mazara on the bench. Anyways, tonight should be a fun one! Hopefully Cease can be on his game and we can make it three in a row! Let’s fucking go boys!!!
-
WHITE SOX WIN!!!
I have only seen bits & pieces of him, but the main takeaway is the reports of diminished stuff were greatly exaggerated. He’s routinely around 98 MPH and has hit 100 MPH a couple times, so he’s only down a couple ticks velocity-wise at worst. And from what I’ve seen, the slider & changeup still flash plus, so the arsenal of pitches he had that made him so special is intact.
-
Fernando Tatis Jr. thread
Seriously, unless it’s SoxFest and you plan on putting Hahn on blast, you might as well act if we never actually had Tatis in the first place.
-
WHITE SOX WIN!!!
My feed hasn’t ended
-
8-17 GT: Tigers at Sox
Timmy is a legit superstar!!!
-
8-17 GT: Tigers at Sox
TIMMY!!
-
8-17 GT: Tigers at Sox
Great first inning for Gio!
-
8-17 GT: Tigers at Sox
So he’s simply not strategic then?
-
8-17 GT: Tigers at Sox
Maybe Ricky doesn’t realize Boyd is a lefty? It wouldn’t be the first time this year Renteria got a pitcher’s handedness wrong. I still don’t get how you don’t adjust your lineup at all when facing a lefty. Maybe it’s not a huge deal, but it just reeks of laziness and a lack of strategic thinking.
-
8-17 GT: Tigers at Sox
I totally get the fit argument and while I wasn’t a fan of the acquisition, him batting higher than 8th means he’s blown up or things have gone horribly wrong with Abrue or EE. Either way, let’s hope he wakes up soon, because he’s more or less useful if he’s not hitting hitting some bombs.
-
8-17 GT: Tigers at Sox
I will say the fact Ricky makes zero adjustments to his lineup when facing a RHP or LHP should be a fireable offense on its own. Dude doesn’t have a strategic bone in his body.
-
8-17 GT: Tigers at Sox
Our lineup is theoretically stacked, so not sure why anyone would expect him to bat higher.
-
Dunning to Start Wednesday
Yeah, I was mostly joking, but could see a back-end starter on the cheap if one of Lopez & Rodon aren’t back soon, but not expecting anything that impactful.
-
8-17 GT: Tigers at Sox
- 8-17 GT: Tigers at Sox
Sorry for the delay on this, but crazy day at work and totally forgot I started yesterday’s game-thread. Normally I’d like do a small write-up on the match-up, but for the sake of time I’m simply going to say: FUCK A TIGER & LET’S GO BOYS!!- Dunning to Start Wednesday
Controllable talent it is then! - 8-17 GT: Tigers at Sox