Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. Very possible. The Sox have financial flexibility and may prefer using that then overspending on free agent starters they don’t love.
  2. I did and it’s crazy how quickly his defense deteriorated.
  3. Yeah, I think you’d have to get Marquez due to the control. How did Blackmon’d defense fall off a cliff like that? His range was even bad for RF.
  4. Those all seem like legit possibilities outside of probably that Mets deal. I would prefer us taking on bad money than giving up the talent the Pirates & Mariners would be looking for.
  5. Oh I agree, the Rockies have the pitching we’d want though. I also didn’t realize Blackmon was that old. The Rockies do have other bad contracts we could look at.
  6. You’re right about the third article. The Fegan one has some interesting quotes from Hahn though.
  7. Definitely seems that way. Rockies would make sense as a potential trade partner as they’re looking to cut payroll. Same goes for the Red Sox.
  8. Wow, my guy raBBit dropping those heat bombs just in the nick of time! I’m going to say one of the frameworks is a deal with the Rockies for Gray + Blackmon. We take on most if not all of Charlie’s contract and give up very little in return.
  9. You’re right, it was something related to Edwin Jackson
  10. I don’t see that trade being something the Red Sox would consider.
  11. My guess is this posturing given the ridiculous pitching prices right. Boras is like a shark in the water right now and can smell the blood. He knows how desperate teams like us and the Twins are and is almost certainly maintaining high prices in hopes of one us panicking. I really think these stories are us trying to downplay our desperation and regain some form of leverage. While I think negotiating through the media is very stupid, teams routinely do it for some reason.
  12. I will also say I think the free agent SP market is at a standstill as Boras & Bumgarner’s agent push for unrealistic deals in the wake of the Wheeler & Strasburg signings. That should self correct at some point, but until then there probably isn’t much Hahn can do on that front. Panicking over the Wheeler miss and handing $100M+ to Bumgarner would be a bad reactive measure.
  13. I read that Fegan article as they had no plan B for Wheeler and are no longer optimistic that they can complete their offseason goals. Haven’t read the Duber one yet, but I’ll admit this messaging is a little frustrating coming out the first night of the Winter Meetings. Hopefully it’s nothing but spin to protect against a worst case outcome.
  14. You can have whatever opinion you like of our front office, offseason plan, etc. and it would be warranted. However, overreacting to a stupid nothing video is not warranted under any circumstance and makes this site an absolute shit show. At least find rational things to get upset about if pessimism is going to be your only contribution to the site. Look at Moan4Yoan, the dude literally complains about everything (including a Star Wars TV show being unrealistic due to a bounty hunter having too much action) and single handedly brings down the quality of this site. We don’t need multiple people here whining about every little thing or the site will quickly become enjoyable no matter what happens.
  15. I can promise you there is a sense of urgency. That clip is nothing more than Hahn doing a shitty job of pretending there isn’t a sense urgency because misdirection is part of the job description.
  16. We’re all frustrated with Hahn’s failures, not all of us whine like little b****es over a harmless 1:14 minute video clip that means absolutely nothing. I’m sorry, but I’ll wait and see if they fail once again before I actually start ripping them this offseason. For god’s sake they’ve already added one of the top two catchers in all of baseball and it’s only the second week of December. There is reason for optimism right now even if they ultimately fail to deliver. And if they fail to deliver a complete offseason we should rip them to shreds. Until then people need to let them move at the pace the market dictates and stop panicking over every little tweet.
  17. 100% agree. It’s absolute insanity that anyone would react negatively to that clip. Like you should feel like a total fucking loser if that clip got a rise out of you because it was nothing but typical Hahn lawyer speak. He literally does this in EVERY interview to avoid actually saying anything.
  18. Lol dude...the Cubs have no money and are not a threat no matter how much you refuse to accept that.
  19. Which isn’t why the Pederson deal blew up, but keep on throwing out this dumb angle!!
  20. If said information changes the valuation, of course he would. I have worked on deals that looked liked no brainers for my company and then one piece of info during the diligence process blows it up. That’s exactly how deals work.
  21. I don’t understand the question. If you’re asking how the White Sox would know the Indians provided this info, I’m not sure why that matters. As soon as a potential deal is made public, a team can no longer control the flow of information at that point.
  22. And that’s a totally fair take, just trying to explain how a leak could blow up a deal.
  23. Lol...Balta you really are something. I’m going to tell you right now that the #1 fear when doing any real life business deal is word getting out. Not only because it can bring new competitors to the table, but also because it can make light of new info. When doing valuation, all it takes is one variable changing to blow up the entire calculus. Say the Indians found out about a possible Joc trade and had a scout who knew one of the players had injury or character concerns. If the Dodgers are made aware of that info, suddenly the package isn’t worth what it once was. The fact you think this is about Twitter reactions shows a compete lack of business acumen.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.