Everything posted by Chicago White Sox
-
Successful Plan B; What’s Next?
I’ve given him a free pass on this for a while, but now it’s time he gets ripped for it. He definitely credit because they were the high bid with Wheeler despite losing out on him.
-
Successful Plan B; What’s Next?
I said it before and I’ll say it again. Wheeler was plan A, plan B, & plan C. Now the front office doesn’t know what to do because they don’t love the next tier of guys and don’t want to overpay for them. That’s fine except for the fact you just signed a post 30 year old catcher and most of your core will be in place come May. If there ever was a time to start pushing some chips in, now would be that time.
-
Successful Plan B; What’s Next?
Yeah, I do not like what he’s implying. I’m definitely worried we’re going to trade further prospect depth for one or two year mid/back rotation starters. I’ll just never get this front office. Also, it’s Fegan not f**an.
-
Sox and Sawks to see if the Price is Right
Why would bring in three starters?
-
Successful Plan B; What’s Next?
Why is sucking up a bad deal a good thing? Trading for Eovaldi would be horrific. I’m not sure who else you have in mind though.
-
Successful Plan B; What’s Next?
Not based on Hahn’s messaging all offseason. What are you basing this on?
-
Successful Plan B; What’s Next?
I’m sure this comment means nothing, but terrifying nonetheless: https://www.mlb.com/breaking-news/white-sox-winter-meetings-2019-wrap
-
FS: What the White Sox are losing in Steele Walker
Cool? The same could be said about Casey Mize? Why does this matter?
-
Sox and Sawks to see if the Price is Right
I’d assume Collins as Mazara would likely move to DH.
-
Sox and Sawks to see if the Price is Right
Not from a value standpoint. Price has huge negative surplus value and Benintendi really isn’t good enough (depending on your projections for him) to offset that. That doesn’t mean the Red Sox would make such trade, but theoretically speaking AB should easily be the cost of taking on Price’s entire contract.
-
Sox and Sawks to see if the Price is Right
Who is Benintendi replacing in this scenario? You should be including him with Wheeler if you’re actually to evaluate fairly.
-
Sox and Sawks to see if the Price is Right
I’d much rather have Wheeler.
-
Sox and Sawks to see if the Price is Right
He also cited the Eloy deal that bought out a single year of free agency. At this point it seems like Hahn is including base payroll expense in his “the money will be spent” mantra.
-
Angels sign Rendon - 7yrs 245
This year or in general? I’d say Minor & Lynn were pretty terrific additions, so let’s see how Gibson shakes out for them.
-
Sox acquire Nomar Mazara for Steele Walker
Robert & Madrigal will be rookies next year. Neither is likely to start 2020 on the big league roster, meaning the Engel’s & Mendick’s is the world will be starters for at least a month. Our margin of error to compete next year is very slim and adding a wild card for RF instead of proven production narrowed those margins further. Again, you seem ok throwing away 2020 and if that’s case I can get the Mazara move. There is a chance he breaks out, but this move is a year too late given where the rest of the rebuild is at IMO.
-
Sox acquire Nomar Mazara for Steele Walker
Until we lock them up, we have to operate under the assumption they leave after four years.
-
Sox acquire Nomar Mazara for Steele Walker
Wow, what a spot on assessment. Look, I hope the Sox have some reason to believe he’ll improve and not just age like many here cite. Make me look like as asshole twelve months from now. Unfortunately our track record of unlocking underperforming bats has been quite poor so I’m very much not optimistic at the moment.
-
Sox acquire Nomar Mazara for Steele Walker
I love Robert but he’ll be a rookie and is unlikely to put up star level performance next year. Look, seems like you’re fine burning one of the four remaining years of control for Moncada & Giolito, but I’d really like to accelerate things and not have to bank on a talented guy who has yet to have even a single one win season breaking out next year.
-
Sox acquire Nomar Mazara for Steele Walker
But’s the problem fathom. We just made competing an even bigger long shot by acquiring a lottery ticket to be our RF rather than acquirIng proven production. The issue isn’t Walker, it’s Mazara being our second biggest offensive addition coming off a season where our offense wasn’t very good.
-
Sox acquire Nomar Mazara for Steele Walker
Since we were talking offense (Steamer): Castellanos: 112 wRC+ Mazara: 94 wRC+
-
Sox acquire Nomar Mazara for Steele Walker
Come on dude, look at the parks they play at. Check Castellanos’ last two years. The bats aren’t even remotely comparable.
-
Successful Plan B; What’s Next?
They have enough money to add whatever they want. Regardless, they won’t be adding two relief pitchers.
-
Sox Fan Therapy thread
I think it’s pretty clear we’re trying to work with Boras or we would have already seen a lesser starter like Roark signed by now. My guess is Boras has hiked up the prices on Ryu & Keuchel and seeing if anyone is desperate enough to give them four years. I still think we land Dallas for like 3/$60M which is better than nothing but still pretty sad as our big pitching addition.
-
Successful Plan B; What’s Next?
You really need to stop with these conspiracy theories because you look like absolute idiot every time you post one.
-
Offseason 2019-2020 MLB Catch All Thread
Running out of free agents though.