Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. No idea what you are arguing here.
  2. Why would he lose 0.3 WAR as a 27 year old in 2021? Same question basically applies to Lindor.
  3. Didn’t we know Eloy was going to start the season in the minors last year? I wouldn’t put Madrigal or Robert signing extensions before OD. Kopech will almost certainly start the year in the minors, but by doing so they can better manage his innings and his improve his odds of being available down the stretch.
  4. What are those surplus value forecasts assuming? Please tell me you didn’t just take their 2019 fWARs and project them forward?
  5. The Stanton trade might be the best recent comp, although that contract was definitely worse.
  6. Not sure how injury would prevent leadership, but Bruce is gonna Bruce...
  7. Normally I hold off if I’m late to the party, but in this case I was surprised by the initial reactions by some posters I generally agree.
  8. Do yourself the favor and put that clown on ignore. His next post that adds anything of value will be his first.
  9. I think Moncada + Kopech is better than Madrigal + Vaughn (just because of how good Moncada was/is) but it’s not that much different and Sale was a way more valuable asset to your point.
  10. That may all be true, but us trading two top 25 prospects and guy who could start cracking mid season top 100 lists by mid season for would be absolute insanity.
  11. Exactly. What am I missing here? Here is how that trade looks on baseballtradevalues.com:
  12. Holy fuck that would be an awful baseball trade. You really want trade the rest of our prospects for a 3B already being paid market rate?
  13. I really hope no one is mad about this. He was one of the better 5th starter options available and provides more certainty than other interesting guys like Wood & Walker. This may be a reach, but this signing makes me think that Ryu might be in play. Adding stability at the back-end of the rotation allows you take on more risk with the #2 spot.
  14. Why don’t you like this? Who would you have preferred?
  15. You dislike this? Way better than most of the alternatives for the 5th starter spot like Nova. Assuming it’s a one year deal I’m a big fan of this.
  16. It’s pretty clear that Boras is pushing for four years for both Ryu & Keuchel and having a hard time to find a taker. Our lack of activity probably suggests we are pursuing at least one of these guys and playing the slow game with Boras.
  17. And two of those guys were post hype types. Trade looks great in hindsight, but it wasn’t a slam dunk for the Rays at the time of the deal.
  18. I can’t believe people are ok bringing back a 33 year old starter who averaged 5.5 K’s per 9 last year. Dude is going to fall off a cliff in the near future and I pray it’s with someone else.
  19. Happ has a vesting option for 2021 based on games started (27) or innings pitched (165). While you could probably manage around it, I’m not overly interested given the year he just had and the fact he’s 37.
  20. 100% agree. The Shields trade was a failure to begin with simply because James was completely useless.
  21. The Phillies keep adding, the Sox keep waiting...
  22. I will happily take either on a short term deal.
  23. I love Betances, but after the Herrera debacle it might be better to go with someone with a clean bill of health.
  24. The logic in extending Eloy was to buy out a free agent year and allow him to start the 2019 season on the south side. I was all for that move (even if I think it’s the worst of Hahn’s pre-arb extensions), but it should have zero impact on our ability to go add talent via free agency to supplement the core. If this becomes an either or thing, the rebuild is likely doomed for failure.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.