Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. Y2Jimmy doesn’t fuck around and pretend to play insider. He only shares info when he has high confidence in it.
  2. They’re only buying out one free agent year and like two extra weeks.
  3. They were far too ambitious for their time and it really shows in the first two. That being said, there are certain elements that still look great today.
  4. Wheeler had TJS and then a setback, but has otherwise been healthy. Ryu has had numerous injuries. Yeah, pretty much this.
  5. I really like Revenge of the Sith. So many great moments and the emotional payoff at the end feels warranted because characters & relationships were built up over three films.
  6. The prequel trilogy gets way too much hate. No doubt the writing was terrible at times, all the romance stuff was hard to stomach, and it occasionally lost its sense of adventure in exchange for world building. However, when viewed in aggregate they told a comprehensive origin story that led to a very satisfying conclusion even if we knew what was coming. I know it will be an unpopular opinion, but I probably like them more than the sequel trilogy, warts and all.
  7. I think Bob missed the memo that we signed Keuchel.
  8. I just meant I think they will lean towards an arm. Obviously BPA should hold unless the difference between two guys is fairly narrow.
  9. Lol...instead of having an actual debate, you double down on dumb generalizations! Good work bud!
  10. You are really drawing some serious conclusions based on a 30 at-bat sample that involved a .400 BABIP.
  11. Sorry, but I’m not going to be civil when you make sweeping generalizations and lump me in with them. You accused me of not liking Collins because of his cold stretch with the Sox during the summer, despite the fact I’ve been arguing in support of him most of the winter. But our roster construction has changed and there is no clear path for him to become a regular anytime soon. So if I can get a guy who was as good as EE last year and take some pressure off the rest of the young guys I’m going do it. And you’re right, a 37 year old can fall off a cliff and if that were to happen we’d have Collins ready for his opportunity. If he doesn’t fall off a cliff, we suddenly have a high end hitter to help anchor our lineup and have an interesting guy in Collins who provides great depth.
  12. I thought this was a super interesting quote about Keuchel & Gonzalez and the potential pairing with Grandal: https://www.soxmachine.com/2019/12/22/white-sox-a-serious-team-with-dallas-keuchel-if-not-a-contender/
  13. I honestly think Eckstein is Madrigal’s floor in all honestly.
  14. He had one really good seasons and a couple above average ones. Otherwise he was a 1.5 to 2 win player, which is a slightly below average starter. He wasn’t a bad player by any means, just not sure I’d call him “very good”.
  15. Eckstein was not a very good player.
  16. The challenge with extending Madrigal right now is it’s hard to value him given his unique skillset and the uncertainty of how the power will develop. I have no doubt there is a number that the Sox would be willing to offer right now, but Madrigal may not like that figure and bet on himself a bit to prove he’s more than just a slap hitter at the major league level.
  17. The Wheeler hate by some on this board is astounding to me.
  18. I really, really hope the Indians don’t trade Lindor. He’s 100% gone in two years and we don’t need the Indians getting valuable pieces for him that can help them over the next seven years.
  19. You think they’re going to play Abreu & Vaughn only 110 games each in 2021? That is not happening buddy. Collins can have a role going forward, but he’s got to be able to stick behind the plate for it to be meaningful at all. There simply won’t be a ton of playing at those two spots and Grandal will certainly get a piece of the action when he’s not catching.
  20. Lol...you have no fucking clue what you are talking about. I actually like Collins and believe he could become a good hitter. His bad stretch with the White Sox last summer has no bearing on my thought process. The reality is Collins has a questionable hit tool and this has been the case since he was drafted. Maybe the swing changes ultimately work, maybe they don’t. Either way, the DH spot won’t be available for him come 2021. So if my options are adding a guy who was 30% above league average as a hitter last year on a one year deal or hand considerable at-bats to a guy with question marks that has no obvious path to being a regular one year from now, I know which route I’m going.
  21. Where in the world do you think Collins plays in 2021? I know many here will say “Vaughn is just a prospect”, but odds are the kid will be ready by OD 2021.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.