Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. But why a week early?
  2. That’s peavy44 and you show him some god damn respect!
  3. Why would they have to place him on outright waivers to work out a new deal?
  4. I think he’s better than he showed last year, but obviously the bat is still a problem.
  5. No way thinks Yolmer is terrible, he’s just not worth $6M+ to be a reserve infielder behind Moncada, Anderson, & Madrigal.
  6. What’s your point?
  7. The smoke points to Wheeler, but honestly it’s impossible to say.
  8. It 100% has to be. IMO something is happening tonight or tomorrow.
  9. Yolmer is the only guy we’re non-tendering, so your point isn’t really applicable. However, there are four or five pitchers on the 40 man roster who are candidates to be outrighted when we do add players but there’s simply no reason to cut them lose yet if we plan on non-tendering Yolmer in a week.
  10. Why would unnecessarily outright say Vieira if you plan to non-tender Yolmer in a week?
  11. If you planned on non-tendering Yolmer on Monday, then he’s without question the guy you cut to open up a roster spot.
  12. Evan White signed a long-term with the Mariners. I know he’s not anywhere the same caliber of prospect as Eloy, but damn is his extension way more team friendly. Also, it’s really a bummer we took Burger over him as I did really want Evan at the time.
  13. Actually a pretty good outcome.
  14. WHEELER ADDITION INCOMING!
  15. The fact that WSD wrote that article and threw out today as a possibility is some serious fucking smoke IMO.
  16. Did he delete that tweet? Couldn’t find it when I went looking for it.
  17. I wouldn’t overreact to Morosi’s tweet, I think it has more to do with the Phillies’ intentions than Morosi really having a good pulse of what’s going on with Wheeler.
  18. I fully expect RF to be addressed via trade unless they convince themselves Castellanos is their guy. I really think someone like Calhoun is strictly a fallback if all else fails.
  19. God - This is some of the worst trolling I have ever seen in my life.
  20. If something were happen this week, I’m guessing 11am CST will be the magic hour. That’s when the Grandal news came out and I’m guessing Wheeler would be announced at a similar time. Also, it seems like today or tomorrow would have to be the day. Otherwise, I think we’re looking at next week for a resolution good or bad.
  21. Wait, you’re suggesting Engel isn’t ready to hit major league hitting but that Billy Hamilton is? Hamilton is probably the worst hitter in Major League Baseball.
  22. I think Hamels will be too pricey for what we’re trying to accomplish with that second starter spot.
  23. Hell, anytime before the Winter Meetings would be amazing. That would allow Hahn to focus his attention on RF there and not have to worry about saving potential trade chips for SP needs. But yes, this week would make for a great Thanksgiving.
  24. I saw this comment in a recent article on SoxMachine by a user named Denmar. Morosi was on WSCR on Thursday, but I haven’t seen anyone else post this. Did anyone else hear this interview or know where this rumor came from? Also, in regards to the Mets, it definitely seems they’re out based on Martino’s last update and the general consensus that they are financially fucked. That’s huge and greatly improves our chances to land Wheeler IMO. With the Braves seemingly connected to Bumgarner and the Angels likely waiting out the big two, it seems like our biggest competition would be the Twins & Reds. I don’t want to get cocky here, but we should be able to beat them out. Please get this the fuck done Hahn and move on to RF!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.