Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. You mean when we almost got Arrieta for him?
  2. It’s probably not true, but they also have one of the deepest fame systems and bats appear to be hard to come by this deadline.
  3. He really would be...just not sure if the Mets would actually want to sell low on him.
  4. I love Jose but my god that’s a trade that should be made.
  5. The Red Sox have a terrible system, which means the price can’t be that outrageous. I’d be trying really hard to grab Diaz & Nimmo for some of our secondary prospects. You really never know who the Mets might be infatuated with.
  6. The problem is most GMs don’t want to deal with the uncertainty that comes with a TJS, even if that player comes at a discount. But they certainly don’t lose all their value because of a surgery with a 90% success rate.
  7. I’m not sure I follow your first paragraph. Also, I never said anything about you specifically. And I don’t want anyone to leave the site (except OneDog...RIP), I just want people to tone it down with the non-stop whining & overreacting.
  8. Seems like overkill playing 81 games at the Cell. Rather find a traditional RF (preferably left-handed) with plus power.
  9. According to Fangraphs, Nellie Fox was worth 45 wins and Pete Rose was worth 80 wins. See, analytics aren’t the enemy.
  10. That’s definitely the untouchable list. And honestly, without cracking into that well, we aren’t trading for a controllable star. That being said, I’d still see what I could get for packages built around some combo of Dunning, Rutherford, Walker, & Stiever.
  11. I honestly think they do a mix of buying & selling. I fully expect Colome to be moved and us adding at least one controllable piece (SP or RF).
  12. Yeah, you totally missed the point. b****ing & whining about the same thing over & over again <> talking about their favorite team. Threads can no longer stay on topic without a select group of posters coming in and totally derailing them with the same bullshit. Either you don’t come here much or are completely oblivious, because the quality of the board taken a hit and we’ve lost many good posters who are simply sick of it.
  13. I wasn’t referring to you. You don’t post the same shit 20x a day like the posters I’m referring to.
  14. Why is it a stupid argument? Sports are all about hope and if you have none, then why the fuck would you submit yourself to this torture? No offense, but that’s just fucking dumb IMO. I consider myself as big of a Sox fan as anyone here, but there are times I just have to tell myself “fuck this” and take a breather. When Kopech went down with TJS I simply did not have the ability to follow the White Sox and get any joy out of it. I stopped watching games, I stopped checking box scores, and I stopped coming here. After a couple months, my White Sox itch become too prevalent to ignore and I finally came back with a more positive, level-headed perspective. Long-story short, if the Sox provide you with absolutely no hope and nothing but resentment, then find something else to occupy your time. And this really isn’t intended to be directed at you Baron, but SoxTalk is meant to be a forum for two way conversation, not an outlet to whine & b**** over the same shit day after day. I get the need to lash out at times, but once all your contributions become the same hate-filled rhetoric then people get the fuck out of here for everyone else’s sake.
  15. And it’s totally fine you feel that way as this ownership group and front office haven’t done much to earn our trust. The problem is when certain poster repeat ad nauseas that Hahn is the worst GM ever and is definitely going to fail this offseason. Or when people imply the Sox are going to rock an $80M payroll next year because they claim Ivan Nova types are the best we will ever do in free agency. It’s one thing to be cautious or even to have a negative outlook on certain things, it’s another to be completely irrational out of spite and start polluting the board with the same hate-filled takes over & over. This place has stopped becoming a message board for certain posters and purely an outlet to voice their anger & hate to the detriment of everyone else. At some point that posting style just becomes selfish as it brings down the overall quality of the board and dissuades two way conversation.
  16. I don’t mean to be condescending, but if you really think there is no hope for Hahn filling out the rest of the roster then why don’t you simply give up? No point in committing your time to the White Sox if you’re certain they will fail.
  17. Great post Hibbard. Unfortunately what separates us fans from baseball executives is the need to remain rational during rough patches. This recent stretch has been enduring for many reasons and it’s admittedly hard to remain level-headed & objective. That being said, a lot of the reasons just don’t matter. The pitching staff outside of Giolito, Lopez, Cease, Bummer, & Fry (and Ruiz, Colome, & Herrera to a lesser extent) is pretty much irrelevant. The vast majority of these guys won’t be around next year. The same applies to the offense and even more so in recent weeks with Anderson & Eloy out. Guys like Reed, Jay, & Sanchez don’t matter and aren’t worth freaking about on a daily basis in game threads. The part that does bother me a bit is the relentless panicking over any struggles from the young guys. The hot takes & over-reactions to Giolito’s rough patch have been ridiculous as the kid is just 25 years old and has made significant strides this year. He looks legit now even when things go wrong. There have been similar over-reactions to other guys as well (like the move Eloy to DH every time he makes a bad play), but to a much smaller degree. At the end of the day, this season has been fantastic for the young guys, with Moncada, Eloy, Timmy, Giolito, & Bummer all showing significant improvement. Young guys are going to have their rough moments, which is why we shouldn’t overreact to every single pitch / at-bat like some occasionally do. There is reason to be cautious right now given the lack of depth behind our top prospects, but there’s absolutely no reason to panic until we start seeing key guys failing.
  18. Only one year of Stroman, he’s a free agent after the 2020 season.
  19. Nice games from Mendoza, Delgado, & Curbelo.
  20. Thanks, really doesn’t make any sense for the Mets, although the price wasn’t that bad and they should get a comp pick for him after the 2020 season if he stays healthy. Will be interesting to see what they get for Thor & Wheeler.
  21. Lots of activity finally happening, I predict the Sox make a move tonight (and no, Covey’s replacement doesn’t count).
  22. Stroman only has one year of control left correct? I saw an article that said two, but that’s got to be wrong.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.