Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Chicago White Sox

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Chicago White Sox

  1. If that’s legit, then wow is all I can say.
  2. I mean, we’ve pretty much been rail-roaded with injuries on the pitching side. Rodon & Kopech should both be in the rotation, Dunning would have probably been pushing for a spot right now, and Lambert was one of our better, more advanced prospects. All those guys lost for the season. On the bullpen side, losing Jones, Hamilton, & Burr (and Burdi to a lesser extent) for the year forced us to give fringier guys opportunities. That’s a lot of injuries to overcome for any organization.
  3. So the Mets gave up two pitching prospects, but Fangraphs had neither guy as even a FV 50. Does anyone know how BA & MLBpipeline ranked these guys? I know they were high draft picks, but it doesn’t appear either was a top 100 type.
  4. Walker was on absolute fire for W-S after an initial adjustment period. He’s since hit a cold steak, but I remain optimistic with him. I know many here are down on him and that’s totally fair, but BA & MLBpipeline both remain high on him based on their latest rankings. As for Pilkington, his ERA looks bad at W-S and his BB rate is admittedly high, but his K rate is fine and @SoxAce said he was hitting 94 MPH in his last start. If that’s truly the case, then I think he’s still a very interesting prospect.
  5. The 2018 draft seems fine. Walker, Stiever, Pilkington, & Heuer all have some trade value, plus there’s still hope for some of the HS picks to emerge. The problem is the 2016 draft quickly went from looking great to a disaster due to injuries, Collin’s slow and/or lack of development, & Hansen’s meltdown, while the 2017 draft had many highly questionable picks. I mean I can’t believe we went over-slot in the 2nd for a college 1B and then wasted two early picks on low ceiling pitchers in Henzman & McClure. The Burger injury & LuGo AA struggles have made it very possible we end up with nothing from this draft. At this point, the over-slot 1B is probably our best hope of getting a contributor and that’s a huge if.
  6. If he comes back, they really need to start that transition ASAP.
  7. Stroman? I think you’re in the wrong thread.
  8. Apparently the Mets gave up some pitching prospects, but no names yet. Can’t wait to see the actual names. Also, if you think the KW/Hahn/Reinsdorf trio is bad, imagine having the Wilpon’s & Brodie Van Wagenen instead. At least we know things could be worse.
  9. The Mets really are something...
  10. I believe so, which is a vast improvement over Abreu.
  11. Once Robert, Madrigal, & Vaughn get up here, I’m not sure there will be a ton of pain points defensively. LF will obviously be a weakness and we don’t know who will be manning RF, but we’d have good to great defenders pretty much everywhere else.
  12. I mean, naps are pretty fucking powerful. Just took one myself and feel reinvigorated.
  13. Vile - What’s funny is I actually agree with your thread title and personally think WAR is a stupid way to evaluate all relievers. I just don’t buy that you’ve actually done much research on this subject and this thread just reeks of a continued desire to push your anti advanced metrics propaganda.
  14. He’s a reliever unfortunately, so he wouldn’t solve the problem.
  15. Lol...I mean you’re probably right, but at least Carson has some stuff and has been striking out guys like crazy in AAA. Probably best to keep him as a reliever though if there’s any chance of him ever becoming a major leaguer. What Johnson are you referring to?
  16. He’s still at High A, but he’s probably the best healthy pitching prospect we got and no way we could use him right now without disrupting his development.
  17. The problem is those guys don’t really exist. The AAA guys are gone (Stephens, Guerrero) or just suck (Adams). The best prospects in AA are out for the season (Lambert) or still recovering from injury (Flores). I mean, at this point I’m tempted to give Fulmer another look. It can’t be any worse than this trash.
  18. Does Covey have some connection to the Twins, maybe he was just amped up again.
  19. This dude claims to have researched the stat prior to challenging it and yet shows he has done no such thing based on his actual argument. Maybe if you knew the poster’s history when it comes to advanced metrics (such as using the beloved “statnik” rip those who use them) you wouldn’t be coming to his rescue. So hey, maybe take your own advice and stay out of it.
  20. OMG, just please stop until you’ve done more research.
  21. Also, I love you’re allocating entire wins to the closer because of saves.
  22. Greg...I mean Vile, please do more research because you clearly don’t understand how WAR works based on your initial studies.
  23. That’s the question. He’s definitely not a guy you overpay for when sitting on lots of cash. But there is a price point where he makes sense adding right now.
  24. Catchers take longer to develop offensively, it’s really that simple. Mitch Garver batted in the .240’s & .250’s as a 24 & 25 year old in A+ & AA respectively and looks what he’s become (even if his current power numbers are unsustainable). In the juiced ball era, there a place for someone like Collins if he can make even some minor adjustments. I’m not banking on that happening at this point, but it’s way too early to write him off, especially if he can stick behind the plate in some capacity.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.