Everything posted by MiddleCoastBias
-
Why why why why why why
QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 19, 2011 -> 02:42 PM) To go along with the "get mama's prying board" from another episode.
-
2011 TV Thread
QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 11:13 PM) It didn't do too much to cover up the mooning smiley. Balls. Didn't realize that the smileys aren't concealed. Probably should have checked preview post.
-
2011 Films Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 07:50 PM) I agree with you. I watched it in college and thought it was pretty bad actually. I saw it for a film study class in college for the first time and I had the same reaction. I went back a few months later and watched it and I was definitely impressed. Having said that, I'm not excited that it's getting remade; let it be.
-
2011 TV Thread
QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 18, 2011 -> 10:44 AM)
-
2011 TV Thread
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 17, 2011 -> 12:12 PM) Can't wait.
-
White Sox vs. Indians
Beat Carblowna.
-
White Sox vs. Indians
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 16, 2011 -> 12:01 PM) F*** Cleveland.
-
Congrats to Jim Thome on Homer #600
....but he's never hit 4!
-
What bugs/creatures/whatever freak you out?
QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 15, 2011 -> 07:38 PM) Thanks, Steve. I just spend like 3 hours reading all of those "I can't believe it's not photoshopped" lists. Three hours, eh? And I'm off...
-
Flowers, Lillibridge and De Aza helping the Sox win
I don't think we'll ever see a lineup with both AJ and Flowers in it because we would have no emergency catcher.
-
Sale to Start Next Year?
Welp, I see no one has spoken their reason why Sale should stay in the pen yet (I was the first to vote pen earlier today) so I guess I'll air my reasoning. I love Sale's stuff and I think he can (and possibly will) be an awesome starter. The reason I said he should stay in the pen is because of his frame and delivery and risk of injury. My fear is that he is going to be at risk for a career worth of injury with his small frame and long limbs whipping with his delivery. And now that he's conditioned to come out of the pen, I think he'll be at an even greater risk of injury as we stretch him out, no matter how slowly we move with him. We can't afford to waste a young arm like this by having him injured often as his innings pile up. This may just be an irrational fear from my youth that that we're going to break our toy but I am very content with him in his current role. Can anyone allay my fears on this? PTatc?
-
2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 15, 2011 -> 10:10 AM) I don't know if Cowardly works here, as he actually stepped up to the plate attempting to back up his words. I will give him credit, he likes to talk s***, but he didn't just run & hide in this case. True. I have been curious to see what it would be like to stand in on a fast-pitch softball pitcher. I know it probably isn't fair to make fun of a grown man but Cowley's mechanics make me wonder if he ever played baseball as a kid, though that's not to say that I would or wouldn't do better than him.
-
2011 White Sox Catch-All Thread
Link to video of Cowardly being struck out by a girl. I will say that I'm glad Cowley accepted this challenge, though I think his tweets in the last few days were pretty denigrating and defeated the purpose.
-
2011 Films Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 15, 2011 -> 08:23 AM) "30 Minutes or Less" could definitely have waited for DVD. I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it; I laughed quite a bit. Something was just off about it, and it was really short, and it ended quite abruptly. Totally agree. I think Eisenberg's neurotic character is getting a bit old at this point. The whole movie felt like a bad version of Pineapple Express. I still laughed but it was kind of flat, and Eisenberg kind of sucked. Aziz was awesome, though.
-
Sox Stat Question
I saw a stat a week or two ago saying Rios was .096 with RISP and two outs aka anti-clutch.
-
2011 Films Thread
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 04:33 PM) There is a fine line between "whoa" and "cringeworthy", I agree. I havent really appreciated Nic Cages career arc after Face/Off, he pretty much plays the same guy in various different settings. He did sprinkle in a few movies like Matchstick Men and Leaving Las Vegas that I liked, but on the whole I just didnt like his movies like National Treasure, Ghostrider, Knowing, etc. Same with Transformers 2, it was just bad. T3 DOTM, I liked, but there were still a few cringe moments that could have been avoided. I agree with everything in this post. I will throw in another Nic Cage movie that I liked (that broke from his action mold) as The Weather Man. The scene where's walking down the street trying to remember to pick up guacamole is priceless.
-
2011 Films Thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 13, 2011 -> 12:18 AM) Con Air could be a good movie if it wasn't for Cage's awful awful southern accent Great article discussing exactly this issue. Bad southern accents and what they SHOULD sound like.
-
Technology catch-all thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 12, 2011 -> 03:33 PM) We don't have cable but we have Netflix and Hulu Plus. 95% of our tv needs are covered there for 1/5th the price. The problem is sports. Baseball and NBA you get the occasional WGN/WCIU/FOX games, otherwise you're stuck watching it online through some Eastern Bloc link or going to a bar. Ugh, don't remind me. I watched the Stanley Cup on some Al Jazeera feed, then an Aussie feed, and finally game 5 was entirely in Russian. Game 6 was a Canadian feed which was annoying because they were undercutting Kane for most of the game.
-
What bugs/creatures/whatever freak you out?
QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 10:03 PM) There's a photo out there of a woman who got bitten by them and didn't know it. Ugly stuff. I first heard about the bot fly on the show Monsters Inside Me. They showed actual amateur footage of a young guy pulling two of those things out of himself. The one he pulled from his shin was enormous; it stretched out to like a foot long. I still get the chills thinking about that. Luckily all of the stories I've read about them are in places like Belize. But the brown recluse spider is a real threat in the midwest, something I sure as hell hope to never encounter.
-
Sox vs. Royals
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 12, 2011 -> 07:24 AM) f*** bruce chen
-
What bugs/creatures/whatever freak you out?
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Aug 11, 2011 -> 08:19 PM) guinea worms are another one of the parasites that terrify me Similar concept- the bot fly. Bot fly larva grow under the skin, nasty stuff.
-
What bugs/creatures/whatever freak you out?
For me it was cave crickets. I had never seen them before (growing up in Chicago, the only cricket I knew was the standard black garden cricket). I moved into a basement room in a house in DC a couple years. A couple days in and I'm in my bathroom and I see one of these guys on the wall a foot from my face at eye level. From then on, one of these guys would always jump up at me when I turned a lot on or opened the door to my closet, etc. While innocent and harmless, these things look like something out of a Resident Evil video game.
-
To Sequel or not to Sequel
Jaws 3 (or Jaws 3D, I think it was called on release). Movie was so bad, Dennis Quaid jokingly said something along the lines of "I was in a Jaws movie?"
-
2011 Films Thread
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 07:06 PM) It's called Superheroes. It's not about comic ones but actual people that patrol streets in superhero costumes. Quite fascinating. Was it about these guys. I swear, I read that whole thing half expecting it to end with "none of this really happened" but really wanting it to be true. My obvious reactions (as was predicted in the article) was why don't they just become cops. But yeah, really cool story (again, if it's along the same lines, haven't seen the documentary).
-
8/10 Gamethread Sox at Baltimore
QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 10, 2011 -> 03:15 PM) Wow Morel didn't get benched for hitting a bomb yesterday... Please continue to end each post with an ellipsis so I can just aid your avatar quote to the end of the preceding sentence, makes me laugh. Similarly to when (was it sqwert?) who had the roaring bear, made me think the bear was yelling. Simple mind, simple pleasure. Now go you White Sox!