Everything posted by MiddleCoastBias
-
The countdown thread
- The countdown thread
Start the day off with some Jerry Blowens. Full disclosure: I was a sucker for JO. Always wanted him to be something good. Alas, Ozzie and I feel victim to his speed- Starting Rotation already set?
QUOTE (chw42 @ Feb 20, 2011 -> 06:39 PM) Buehrle starting opening day against Cleveland = bad memories. Honestly, (if I doesn't cost us the division) I'll sacrifice one game of the year for a year's worth of exposure that we got last year with the daily Buerhlemeter on Baseball Tonight. The first game won't make or break this season; the rotation always gets rotated around that it rarely ends up 1 v. 1 anyway.- i am drunk
I had my first Four Loko tonight. And second. And third. I've heard of these mystical beings for months while I was away on a Senate campaign but I never saw them. And they are glorious.- White Sox Off-Season Catch All Thread
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 20, 2011 -> 08:19 PM) LInk Good story. Maybe I'm a rook in this sense but does one-half to one-full season really count as a 'veteran'? In the sense that he's gone through a spring training before, sure. But I feel like we can all agree that Santos is not a veteran in terms of production at this point; lot of things that need to be proven ie consistency over a season.- The countdown thread
Jeremy Reed. I know we've got a few big Reed fans here- the jersey is for sale on ebay.- The countdown thread
- White Sox Off-Season Catch All Thread
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 18, 2011 -> 02:12 PM) Drink every time Hawk says "Stretch!" As long as it's followed by "Yeees!", I'm ok with getting hammered every night.- White Sox Off-Season Catch All Thread
QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 16, 2011 -> 11:30 AM) http://cgi.ebay.com/Harold-Baines-1987-gam...7#ht_500wt_1156 I've never seen these before. You should send that over to UniWatch, they love posting that kind of stuff. Actually, I'm positive they would be interested in that given that it's ST gear to boot.- Things sure change in one year...
We were paying Scott Linebrink $5M.- 2011 Predict-a-Sox thread
What is the Twins' non-mlb.com message board? I want to see if they have a similar thread to see their projections.- 2011 Predict-a-Sox thread
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 15, 2011 -> 09:31 PM) If Rios is hitting 3rd and getting on in front of Dunn all year, he better not steal 40 bases. He really shouldn't even be trying to steal that much in that situation. Dunn does not hit for average, so if he gets on base, it's, more often than not, going to by by a walk or a home run. If he walks, Rios is going to advance no matter what. If he hits a homer, Rios is going to score no matter what. Agreed. If Rios is standing on second after a steal, that may take the bat out of Dunn's hands on an IBB.- White Sox Off-Season Catch All Thread
QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Feb 14, 2011 -> 04:02 AM) I thought MLB.TV shows all of them.. Speaking of which, has anyone seen their annual deal pop up? Normally they have a deal up for like 3 days where you can get the whole season for $30.- The countdown thread
Best to wear the jersey EVER.- White Sox Off-Season Catch All Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 12, 2011 -> 11:16 AM) So what is Cowley's new job at Suntimes? I thought he was their beat writer now? That was my interpretation a few months ago.- Twins could be looking to deal Liriano
Earlier on Baseball Tonight, Olney said they were prepared to trade him perhaps as soon as spring training starts.- Jake Peavy Thread
Ha, yeah it was very uneventful. Olney just talked about how Peavy is important for our success. Hmm, go figure.- Jake Peavy Thread
Baseball Tonight on ESPN is going to discuss Peavy in this episode, 6th item on the docket (so i assume around 2:45 CT).- twitter
Does anyone know the new Sun Times' beat writer's twitter name? Daryl van Schouwen is the new guy, right?- Is this right?
Wow, this just became an awesome thread. Any way we can change the thread title to 'turn back the clock- Twins' theme?- Message Board Pet Peeves
QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 5, 2011 -> 06:35 PM) when people act like they are too cool to care about a struggling team and respond to a thread by saying "oh, I didn't even know they had a game today". This may not be intended as such but I have one specific poster in mind. I know they are well-respected and have the Sox best interests in mind but it definitely irks me as well. It's overplayed: we get it- you're upset with Ozzie and a few players, get over it. I say this all knowing full well that I don't post often but I do read every post in the PHT forum every day; I just subscribe to the thought that if you don't have something truly productive and insightful to say, don't say anything at all.- Message Board Pet Peeves
QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 5, 2011 -> 04:50 PM) Allie is pretty great. She's slowed down to one post a month, though. Yeah, I check back every week hoping to be surprised with another gem.- Message Board Pet Peeves
QUOTE (flavum @ Feb 5, 2011 -> 03:20 PM) Not knowing the difference between then and than, lose and loose, and not knowing that "alot" isn't a word. It's "a lot". Just stuff that makes me think that kids aren't being taught anything in school. http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010...everything.html Whammy.- MLB Network Hot Stove
QUOTE (Rooftop Shots @ Jan 17, 2011 -> 10:55 PM) Not sure if this is new this year. Don't remember seing it last year. I hope they have the 30 in 30 again........and this time not leave The White Sox next to last on the list. Yeah, I do hope they rotate the teams a bit. Waiting until like the third-to-last day of ST to see the Sox on there, and then to see they were giving 'insight' regarding lineups the board had projected a month earlier- hardly worth watching (but of course I did).- MLB Network Hot Stove
So is this '30 recap' new this year? I imagine they will still do the 30 in 30 like last year and that will start up in March again? - The countdown thread