Everything posted by MiddleCoastBias
-
White Sox Sign Dunn
Following this story all day makes being unemployed feel so much better.
-
The Democrat Thread
Being a Field Organizer through Blanche Lincoln's primary and moving over to the coordinated campaign in June, tonight stings. Nine months in Arkansas to have the race called with 0% reporting. f***.
-
R. Soriano, Fielder, Kemp mentioned in connection w/ Sox
Why has the talk about Adrian Gonzalez died off for us now? I know the Padres got off to a hot start so we knew we wouldn't get him early but it still looks like he could be had this off-season by a number of teams. I know there was the issue with FA coming up ( after '11, right?), but isn't that the same case for Fielder? If they are in the same boat in terms of years remaining, I would much rather have Adrian due to both his defensive and offensive capabilities. Is there a reason we're not mentioned in his rumors now?
-
Kenny & Ozzie at it again
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 23, 2010 -> 08:01 AM) Really...if Ozzie's 1/4 as smart as everyone wants us to think he is...Miami isn't exactly a destination slot for head coaches. They're likely to be better next year as Stanton grows up...but playing before 18,000 fans at home on a good night isn't exactly exciting...and no matter how many homophobic remarks Ozzie makes, he's not going to be any better than #3 on the list of sports teams in Miami and number 8-10 in Sports Icons. If this talk of how big his ego is true, this may actually be part of his plan With the new ballpark opening up in a couple years, the Marlins are looking to be a revitalized franchise. I can see Ozzie wanting to be the center of attention and the cornerstone of that new image in Florida. He brings a lot of attention to himself and whichever club he is with, and the addition of an awesome ballpark will (hopefully) bring new energy to the fans, positioning him as a beloved figure.
-
Where are they now? Former Sox players of days past
QUOTE (since56 @ Sep 13, 2010 -> 06:50 PM) The Dybber shall live in infamy................Wonder what former White Sox Jose Canseco is up to now that he been blackballed by MLB, even though he was right along. Pretty sure I saw some video of him still playing for an independent league somewhere recently. I saw footage of him hitting a home run like two weeks ago; could have been footage from a year or two ago but he looked old balls, pretty sure it was new. Found it: http://www.nesn.com/2010/08/jose-canseco-j...d-eviction.html
-
Sox need to adjust the rotation for next week
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 09:46 AM) Career vs. Edwin Jackson: Thome, 8-13, 1 2b, 2 hr, 6 BB, 1.891 OPS Span, 4-9 Cuddyer, 4-6, 1 3b, 1 hr, 6 rbi, 3 BB, 2.227 OPS Mauer, 3-10, 1 2b, 3 BB, .829 OPS Hudson, 2-2 Kubel, 2-9, 1 2b Jackson career vs. the Twins: 8 GP, 5 GS, 1-3, 7.76 ERA, 1.91 WHIP, .315 BAA Welp, that seems to settle it.
-
8/27 Gamethread - Good Guys v. Evil Empire
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 10:36 AM) No kidding. I think the team would get a jolt of adrenaline right away if he were to come here. I still feel like the team will get a boost if at 12:30 we hear we are in position to be awarded the claim, they'll be playing with renewed energy knowing that Manny might/will makes the future brighter.
-
Sox also trying to add an arm
QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 27, 2010 -> 10:26 AM) Bullpen arm, I assume? I wonder who they could be targeting? Could be an interesting weekend... When I was watching the wrap-up on MLB Network Wednesday night, they said the Sox had already claimed Hoffman. I scrambled to find anything and I still haven't, and they never corrected themselves. I don't know what the deal is with that.
-
TV Announcer Duos
QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Aug 22, 2010 -> 04:34 PM) Hawk will never go away. But, I've had it with his "stretch, stretch!" call on every fly ball. That and his constant complaining. It has gotten very old this season. I absolutely love Hawk and his homerism but I agree he overplays some of his catch-phrases. I've noticed recently he's using his "don't stop now, boys" multiple times an INNING. Come on, man. Everything in moderation.
-
Damon nixes waiver deal to Red Sox.
QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Aug 20, 2010 -> 03:36 PM) Hell yeah. . get it done!!! He would do wonders for our lineup. How does this work out with waiver order? I understand the concept of who gets first pick but here's my question- if we claim Damon, would we still maintain the top position to claim Manny or do we drop back a few slots?
-
remaining schedules...
QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 20, 2010 -> 12:39 PM) Maybe he's predicting a game 163...?
-
What would be the most annoying to Sox fans?
Option #1. God this hurts.
-
Hey! What's all this lying around?
QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 10:29 AM) Love the enthusiasm. I am all tingly right now waiitng for Tuesday. Now let's bash ESPN and MLB Network cause they aren't carrying any oif the Sox-Twinkies games this week MLBN isn't? Every commercial break they are touting their coverage of the division races with the main highlights being of the Sox and Twins. I automatically assumed that meant they were carrying at least one of these games.
-
The Good News is.....
QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 16, 2010 -> 01:19 AM) Man oh man! You guys have no faith, no patience, no confidence, no belief whatsoever after a few rough weeks in a 5 month season... It was only 5-6 weeks ago that that very same Minnesota Twins team could hardly buy a win and we were on fire. Now it seems to me that they have pretty much the same group of guys, and we have pretty much the same group of guys...and yet, there is no way we can beat them? We're going to get swept with Danks/Floyd/Buehrle going? I understand we all have a right to be pissed, and if you guys want to argue that this Twins team is better than us for one reason or another, I'm not going to try and change your mind too badly. But I've been watching this argument evolve since late April and I really haven't seen too much that convinces me that you guys aren't just living and dying with every game and every series... This is going down to the wire...nothing is going to be settled in this series in Minnesota. This. I'm definitely in your camp. We've been a bit rattled this past week but a good win in the first game will get the confidence back. If we can get clicking and put up a solid win, I have confidence that we can take at least 2. Granted this first game is very important in getting their stride back (as someone else pointed out). This first game of the series is the momentum-setter; win here and I believe our guys will snap out of this Minnesota fear and play like they did in July. Here's to a new streak!
-
What moves have come back to bite Kenny?
Daniel Hudson is 3-0 with a 1.59 ERA with AZ.
-
Types of grass/turf
So I recently recognized a few different parks that my various friends have visited based solely on the shade of the green of the grass behind them in the photo. Obviously the shade of wrigley's grass is much different than that of the Cell, Miller Park, et al. Does anyone know what ballpark uses which type of grass? Is it something that is regulated by the MLB (like the mud use on every MLB ball before gametime)? Just an interesting thought to see which parks use which types of sod. Thoughts?
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
I posed this question in the GT: what do Bobby's stats look like in 4+ out inning saves? I don't recall seeing many and I was afraid that sitting on the bench for half an inning would affect him. Does anyone know his saves/opp in those situations?
-
7/15 - Sox @ Minnesota
Does anyone have the stats on Bobby in 4+ out save situations? I feel like we don't see Bobby in for many multi-inning saves, just curious how he does with that half inning on the bench after tossing.
-
Sox sign Jeremy Reed
Nostalgia aside, what does this actually mean for us? What affect does he have on the system now? Is he going to have a shot to make an impact or is this just going to be a ripple in our minor league system?
-
(Insert Celeb Here) is Dead
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ga...ttack-yankees/1 George Steinbrenner died this morning of a heart attack.
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
We're winning too many games, I can't tell which is the right WHITE SOX WINNER thread!
-
first half vs. second half...
Scott Linebrink.
-
The history of the Soxtalk Whipping Boy
I know you said 2007 you said take your pick-- I definitely say Andy Gonzalez and his .864 fielding% at 3B. 9 errors in 66 chances? *shudder*
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
As far as I'm concerned, yesterday was Opening Day. It's a whole new season folks, and we're 2-0!
-
This win streak...how much credit goes to Ozzie?
Didn't Ozzie make a nice substitution on Sunday, sitting Viciedo for Vizquel? Vizquel comes up in the pitcher's spot and gets us an insurance run, if I recall.