Everything posted by Tnetennba
-
Sox Acquire Tyler Gilbert for Aaron Combs, DFA Braden Shewmake
It would be nice if our GM had a track record of success to lean on that inspired confidence...
-
Sox Acquire Tyler Gilbert for Aaron Combs, DFA Braden Shewmake
Getzy out here acquiring the who's who of dudes I've never heard of.
-
Vargas and Fletcher have to play . . . be given every chance to succeed . . . Right?
The premise of this thread is that they have to give him AB's to see what they have, and I'm simply suggesting that we've seen enough that nothing should be a given with him. If you look at the whole of his Major League body of work, and not simply some very cherry picked numbers in LA last season, you get the picture of a dude who has failed miserably and has shown little ability to adjust. He wouldn't be the first prospect to tear up AAA and flame out in the Bigs. The Sox gave him everyday AB's after the trade, nearly twice as many as his 2024 in LA, and he was abysmal. Yes he is out of options, but that alone shouldn't entitle him to playing ahead of anyone else in my book. He has to earn it just as much as anyone else. There is no reason to compound the mistake of trading for him by playing him ahead of guys like Sosa or Ramos or anyone else who might still prove to be a useful piece.
-
Vargas and Fletcher have to play . . . be given every chance to succeed . . . Right?
That 108 OPS+ was in 80 plate appearances over 30 games. In nearly double the plate appearances with the Sox, he put up an OPS+ of 14. 14! In 304 PA over 81 games in 2023, he put up a stat line of .195/.305/.367, good for a .672 OPS and a 82 OPS+. Feels more like his 2024 with LAD was an outlier based more on favorable matchups than him figuring anything out at the plate to me. I have absolutely no idea why he cratered so bad here, but he did. While some regression to the mean is plausible, but nothing about him screams 'definitely have to give more AB's.' Vargas should be in the "earn it" camp just as much as any other failed prospect/AAAA project.
-
White Sox Projected Rotations
KW and Hahn were both plenty guilty of rushing guys.
-
Vargas and Fletcher have to play . . . be given every chance to succeed . . . Right?
Fletcher might survive as a 4th OF in the bigs, even if playing a good CF is a stretch. Vargas will have to hit to be a useful player, and so far in nearly 200 Major League games he simply hasn't. No bat DH's don't last very long in most orgs. But both being Getz acquisitions, they'll likely be allowed to fail even longer, long after when most GM's would simply cut bait.
-
Way too early wins poll
I voted under, but I could see anywhere in the 48 to 52 range. Short of a few unforeseen breakout performances, 60 wins feels like a stretch. But with so many unknowns I wouldn't be surprised by wins in the mid 40s or low 50s.
-
Off-Season Pass the Time Catch-All
Mariners went 20 years without a playoff appearance, while the Angels won a ring in that same span. M's ownership is cheap AF and continually makes cost cutting moves that make the team worse. Angels ownership at least spends money. They spend in the dumbest way possible, but they spend. Angel's fans at least got to watch two of the best players on the planet play every day while their FO tried to spend their way to winning. There are much worse positions to be in as a fan base. A's fans just had their team ripped away from them, and Sox fans suffered through the worst season in modern baseball history. Both of those trump never winning with Trout and Ohtani IMO.
-
White Sox hire Phil Nevin as Special Assistant in Player Development
This is the crazy guy no one wanted as manager, right? Really makes me wonder what qualifies him for a front office job.
-
White Sox asking for "top prospects" for Robert
Getz trading with LAD. What could possibly go wrong...
-
Schriffen does it again...
How does a pronunciation guide help if one can't read the difference between Robertson and Robinson? What a crock of s%*#.
-
Schriffen does it again...
Knowing/understanding the game he's calling would go a long way as well.
-
Draft Kings sets Sox O/U at 49.5 wins
They were lucky to *only* finish at 121 losses. The Sox were 33-115 on Sept 13th, and finished 8-6 thanks to playing Oak, LAA twice, at a Detroit team that punted their final two games.
-
Soroka to Nationals. 1 year/9 Million
Too rich for Jerry.
-
White Sox asking for "top prospects" for Robert
I wouldn't trade Robert for a Colson Montgomery headlined package either. I've already said I would take Acuña as a secondary piece, but as a headliner he doesn't move the needle for me. I watch a lot of Met's games and saw plenty of Acuña's September at bats. I think he ends up as a fine utility guy with speed, but I don't see MLB regular, and certainly not someone I see leading a trade package for an Allstar calibre CF.
-
White Sox asking for "top prospects" for Robert
In a very small sample size.
-
White Sox asking for "top prospects" for Robert
I'm not a BA subscriber, but I doubt they ignore his Syracuse numbers the way you want us all to.
-
White Sox asking for "top prospects" for Robert
Did JR exit stage left?
-
White Sox asking for "top prospects" for Robert
I'd take both Acuña and Baty, but I need a real headliner to move Robert.
-
White Sox asking for "top prospects" for Robert
He was the Mets #12 prospect entering 2024, and after his season in AAA likely doesn't crack their top 10 in 2025.
-
White Sox asking for "top prospects" for Robert
Baty is already 25 and has put up a -0.7 WAR and an OPS+ of 70 in 544 AB's across parts of three seasons. He's bordering on bust territory. Acuña had a nice showing in a very small sample size in the bigs, but that's not enough to overlook a bad 2024 at AAA. I wouldn't be horribly opposed to either as secondary pieces, but neither of these guys should headline a Robert trade.
-
White Sox asking for "top prospects" for Robert
I sure hope Getz isn't dumb enough to trade Robert for Baty and Acuña...
-
Rate Field
A shitty corporate name somehow just got worse.
-
2024 MLB.TV recap (How much time did you waste?)
Where does one find such info? I'm curious how many hours I "watched".
-
Mike Tauchman to White Sox
One last petty ‘f*** you’ to the fanbase?