Everything posted by Tnetennba
-
The OF Thread
I still expect a Whit signing, and they’ll shoehorn him into RF and pretend it’s fine.
-
Sox sign former Royal LHRP Tim Hill to 1-year, $1.8M contract
A flip for a lottery ticket is better than nothing, but I still feel like they could accomplish the same thing on a minor league deal.
-
Sox sign former Royal LHRP Tim Hill to 1-year, $1.8M contract
I was just about to ask if he's flippable. Yikes.
-
Kiner-Falefa to the Blue Jays
No surprise there.
-
Cease To Padres per Passan
Good luck to them with the ghost of Craig Kimbrel closing games against the AL East.
-
Kiner-Falefa to the Blue Jays
Jays traded too much for Varsho and he basically flopped, at least for what they were hoping to get. His ability to cover CF has been his most valuable trait. Kirk splits time at DH so there isn't much room to add ABs, and I don't think Toronto pays Bellinger without an open everyday position.
-
Cease To Padres per Passan
After all of the chatter last deadline and being two months into the offseason, I'm resigning myself to that too. As much as we've been dreaming on getting ahold of a few of Baltimore's stud prospects, I don't think the O's are willing to meet the asking price.
-
Cease To Padres per Passan
I don't think ATL is the preferred trade partner for most of us, but we have to view this through the lens of the cheap owner tasking his GM to acquire cost-controlled pitching in return.
-
Sox sign former Royal LHRP Tim Hill to 1-year, $1.8M contract
Don't need any more reasons to hate my formerly favorite team...
-
Kiner-Falefa to the Blue Jays
That is true. I do seem to remember some rumblings about Manoah handling his struggles/demotion poorly.
-
Kiner-Falefa to the Blue Jays
Manoah was completely broken last year. If he were cheap to acquire I'd be all for it as a change of scenery guy, but Toronto probably asks for too much in return.
-
White Sox sign Martin Maldonado 1 year/4 million, vesting option for 2025
It's just very Reinsdorfian and all too familiar. Yes, it has a minimal impact to the total payroll number in a lost season, but it still seems like a waste to me.
-
Kiner-Falefa to the Blue Jays
Jays fans I know on Twitter are NOT happy about this.
-
Kiner-Falefa to the Blue Jays
- White Sox sign Martin Maldonado 1 year/4 million, vesting option for 2025
This seriously might be to only silver lining for me.- White Sox sign Martin Maldonado 1 year/4 million, vesting option for 2025
Bingo.- White Sox sign Martin Maldonado 1 year/4 million, vesting option for 2025
Spot on. Stassi or Maldonado, not both. They've basically burned $8M on a guy at the tail end of his career hoping to squeeze just a bit more juice out of him. Seems awfully familiar.- White Sox sign Martin Maldonado 1 year/4 million, vesting option for 2025
How soon does the blocking et cetera start to fall off at 37? There's a lot of mileage on those knees/legs. I'm not opposed to signing a vet C and agree with the purported intention behind the pick up, I just find it hard to squint and see Maldonado as anything but a net negative at this point.- White Sox sign Martin Maldonado 1 year/4 million, vesting option for 2025
Gotta love signing a 37 y/o catcher for his ‘intangibles’ despite not really being able to play the position at a high level anymore. Then basically handing him the starting job because your other acquisition is a huge question mark, as is the presumed incumbent, and selling it hard like you just acquired the guy in his prime.- White Sox sign Martin Maldonado 1 year/4 million, vesting option for 2025
1/$4M with a vesting option. Yikes. I see Getz is just as bad at spending money as Hahn was.- White Sox, Getz have more work to do before spring training opens
‘Andrew Vaughn was rushed by those who tried to hold off the Getz coup’ is a sentence I never in my life ever expected to read. This thread has officially jumped the shark.- White Sox sign Martin Maldonado 1 year/4 million, vesting option for 2025
I’d prefer adding Maldonado’s experience to the coaching staff rather than adding it in a 37 y/o catcher with bad D and poor framing who will likely be splitting time behind the plate. I don’t disagree with the idea behind adding a vet like this, but it’s hard to squint and see Maldonado still being effective and or productive.- White Sox sign Martin Maldonado 1 year/4 million, vesting option for 2025
Garfien is out here selling this move hard on twitter. Woof.- White Sox sign Martin Maldonado 1 year/4 million, vesting option for 2025
110 if they are lucky.- White Sox sign Martin Maldonado 1 year/4 million, vesting option for 2025
This makes sense, except Maldonado is probably done as a productive player and won't be helping much on the field. - White Sox sign Martin Maldonado 1 year/4 million, vesting option for 2025