Everything posted by Tnetennba
-
White Sox sign Martin Maldonado 1 year/4 million, vesting option for 2025
Yeah, I seem to remember him being pretty awful defensively last season.
-
White Sox sign Martin Maldonado 1 year/4 million, vesting option for 2025
I don't think Maldonado will actually provide much if any of what Chuck lays out. How much life do his legs still have at 37? Feels more like a mentor presence that should rarely play.
-
White Sox sign Martin Maldonado 1 year/4 million, vesting option for 2025
Oh Chuck...
-
White Sox sign Martin Maldonado 1 year/4 million, vesting option for 2025
I mean, true. But that's a pretty low bar.
-
White Sox sign Martin Maldonado 1 year/4 million, vesting option for 2025
I guess this means Getz doesn't like Korey Lee. Really need to see the contract numbers.
-
White Sox sign Martin Maldonado 1 year/4 million, vesting option for 2025
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
-
White Sox sign Martin Maldonado 1 year/4 million, vesting option for 2025
In a lost season, grabbing a few flippable relievers on 1 year deals seems like a pretty sound idea to me. Hopefully Getz isn't dumb enough to lock up volatile arms to multiple years like his predecessor.
-
Cease To Padres per Passan
That's what I gather reading the tea leaves from afar. They won't be spending gobs to compete with the Yankees and Red Sox for the AL East, so they need to be shrewd.
-
Cease To Padres per Passan
Elias has to be smart enough to know that the O's running away with the AL East was a bit of a perfect storm. How often are both NYY and Boston not in the playoff chase? They can't just sit on their hands and not add while the big spenders upgrade, and at some point all of these prospects are going to start to age and depreciate in value. He may not feel a sense of urgency this winter, but at some point it will be time to s%*# or get off the pot.
-
Buehrle Hall of Fame case...
World Series ring, perfect game, and a no hitter are all some of the highest feats a pitcher can reach. Along with his lengthy streak of 200 inning seasons, or whatever that was. Hall of Very Good, absolutely. Very very good. Hall of Fame? I don't know. While I think he's deserving, I wouldn't call it a travesty if he doesn't make it in.
-
Fire Pedro Grifol
Holy s%*#. This is both awful and hilarious!
-
Fire Pedro Grifol
Still time for Getz to Scott Skiles his sorry ass…
-
Merry Christmas Sox Fans!
Here’s to hoping JR was visited by three ghosts last night…
-
White Sox, Getz have more work to do before spring training opens
Is it possible that Chris Getz has continually failed upwards and would be unqualified for any of the jobs he’s had in any other org, while also already doing organisational things KW/RH didn’t or were very bad at? Again, we aren't talking about a high bar here. Getz has, at best, a rather questionable track record of success as a baseball executive. What is or isn’t on him is as murky as who was responsible for what in the asymbiotic KW/Hahn quagmire, while also being involved in and or complicit in those failures. I’m all for giving him a fair shot, even with all of those red flags surrounding him, red flags that really aren’t debatable in my opinion. A fair amount of skepticism that anything will be better is quite warranted after what we just went through as fans. Ultimately we know who is pulling his strings, so my expectations certainly are not high that Getz will bring lasting change or can bring this club back from the laughingstock that it is.
-
Cease To Padres per Passan
- White Sox, Getz have more work to do before spring training opens
While this might be a stretch, or genuine sarcasm, it's difficult to see anyone turn this organization around while the same failed ownership group only grows more entrenched in their backwards ways. Getz being more organized and installing a new org philosophy sounds great, but it isn't a high bar compared to the previous regime. The best GM in the game could only do so much while appeasing and being handcuffed by ownership.- Ohtani Watch: Dodgers sign - 700M over 10yrs
Ha ha I still don't love Joe Kelly and I'm happy he's elsewhere. If anything it makes me love Shohei even more.- Cease To Padres per Passan
With the exception of the insane revenue that allows LAD to sign seven hundred million dollar contracts.- Yuki Matsui (LHRP) close to signing with SD
- Happy Festivus!!!
As to the article, the Sox had a very top heavy system after the Sale, Q, Eaton trades and failed to build any sort of depth behind it. Once that singular "wave" graduated, the system was barren and they found themselves back where they had been for the previous 15-20 years. Just not good enough with no means to improve. They half-assed the rebuild and sat on their hands expecting it all to work. Then JR TLR'd the org, and a rebuild set up to fail was completely fucked. Happy Fucking Holidays to you to JR...- Happy Festivus!!!
I can vomit at home for free, thank you!- Cease To Padres per Passan
Before being run into the ground by ownership, the A's seemed much more random in their up and down years. Outside of the Moneyball era, they can't hold a candle to how the Rays operate. That's my general point. Few teams can pull off what the Rays do year after year and remain relevant in a tough division.- Yoshinobu Yamamoto got $325 million 12 years from Dodgers (+posting fee)
I agree with you on all of that. It is a scam, and ownership profits far outweigh the cost of labor or the value of said labor. I work for myself and have lived those realities. I know it all too well. I'm simply arguing that the realities of market size create discrepancies in available cash flow, despite small market teams receiving competitive balance subsidies from luxury tax. Team revenues are not an even playing field, and no amount of idealism, my own included, negates that.- Cease To Padres per Passan
While true, I wouldn't say they operate with the same success as the Rays.- Yoshinobu Yamamoto got $325 million 12 years from Dodgers (+posting fee)
MLB has to want that first. They are still too tied to cable dinosaurs. - White Sox, Getz have more work to do before spring training opens