Everything posted by Tnetennba
-
ST game thread 2/26
Rondon triple just inside the bag at 1st. 4-0!
-
ST game thread 2/26
Damns. Burger still down getting checked.
-
ST game thread 2/26
Engel bloops in a hustle double.
-
ST game thread 2/26
Palka rbi single scores Burger from 2nd.
-
ST game thread 2/26
Burger double off the wall!
-
ST game thread 2/26
QUOTE (SouthWallace @ Feb 26, 2018 -> 02:08 PM) I am streaming using Chrome on a Mac. You might have to allow Flash. Did this yesterday and the webcast works fine now. " If you're having trouble on Chrome, press the icon next to https: in the address bar; it looks like an i with a circle around it. From there you'll see Flash, change it to "Always allow on this website." The webcast will then work. "
-
ST game thread 2/26
QUOTE (Scoots @ Feb 26, 2018 -> 02:05 PM) So the webcast does not work on chrome then? I am streaming using Chrome on a Mac. You might have to allow Flash.
- Sox vs Reds
-
Sox vs Reds
QUOTE (Heads22 @ Feb 25, 2018 -> 02:51 PM) Is Longer pronouncing Basabe's name wrong? Or correctly? Bah-suh-bay Yeah, its bugging me too. I could be wrong but I think it should be pronounced Ba-SAW-Bay.
-
Sox vs Reds
i just had to allow Flash for the web link in my Chrome browser settings to get it to work.
-
Sox vs Reds
I only see a link for audio on Whitesox.com.
-
SoxFest Updates Thread
https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/957022939320332288
-
SoxFest Updates Thread
whitesox: #SoxFest2018 begins now! Tune in to watch a live stream of the Opening Ceremonies now! Live Feed https://twitter.com/whitesox/status/957009019264208896
-
Brewers Acquire Christian Yelich & sign Lorenzo Cain
QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jan 19, 2018 -> 02:43 PM) I like Yelich, I like his contract, and I think he'd still be very useful when the team is good. I absolutely do not want to pay what it will take to acquire Yelich. Spot On.
-
Cumulus Media trying to drop White Sox/Bulls from WLS
TheAthleticCHI: What's going on with the Bulls and White Sox's broadcast rights? Here's a statement courtesy of both teams: TheAthleticCHI
-
Abreu snubbed of Silver Slugger
I fully admit that I have no idea of what the Silver Slugger voting criteria is, but Abreu beat Hosmer in all of these 'Slugging' categories sans Batting Average... Jose Abreu: .304 Average .552 SLG % .906 OPS 33 HR 102 RBI 82 XBH Eric Hosmer: .318 Average .498 SLG % .883 OPS 25 HR 94 RBI 57 XBH So...??? What gives?!
-
Our Next Manager?
I think Renteria is a bad tactical/in-game manager, but he has earned the 2018 season. The team played hard and there seemed to be good chemistry on and off the field despite all of the roster turnover and mounting losses. If Girardi or any other well regarded manager came onto the market next winter or when this young squad is ready to compete I would definitely want the FO to explore bringing him in. But not now.
-
WS: Dodgers v Astros
Thoroughly enjoyable game 1. So nice to have a World Series featuring teams I don't hate!
-
Realignment/Expansion
Any expansion/realignment talk that reduces the DH is a non-starter for me. Universal DH! (no one really wants to see their starter batting 3+ times per game. get real.) Sort out the Oakland and Tampa stadium/attendance issues first and then we can talk about adding teams. If we are adding, Montreal is numero uno. Portland is worth exploring. I draw a blank as to where else is feasible. I am absolutely 100% vehemently against the dissolution of the AL/NL as I do NOT want to deal with the jackass northsiders in the same division etc etc. I also hate the two Wildcards. 3 divisions + WC or 4 divisions, no WC - please.
-
NLCS: Cubs vs. Dodgers
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Oct 13, 2017 -> 07:57 AM) Will somebody just beat these assholes???
-
Your Ideal Postseason
QUOTE (hi8is @ Oct 6, 2017 -> 03:38 PM) What's with the Nats love on this board? Cant speak for anyone else but I lived in DC while in the Navy. And as I despise all things Cubs, the Nats are an easy choice!
-
NLDS: Cubs vs. Nationals
QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Oct 5, 2017 -> 11:00 AM) Hope the Nats take the first 2 at home and Scherzer dominates Game 3 at Wrigley. Yes please?!!!
-
Your Ideal Postseason
Ideally? Cubs swept in laughable fashion & Cleveland going out in the 1st round + Bos and NY not winning it all. Rooting for the Nats to embarrass the sorry ass Northsiders on their way to winning the World Series.
-
Who Should Be In The Lineup Next Year?
2018 regulars 1B - Abreu 2B - Moncada SS - Anderson 3B - Davidson - Unless someone comes along and pushes him to DH. C - Smith/Narvaez - neither look like starters to me. They split time until something better comes along. LF - Delmonico - I think the bat plays. LF might be an adventure for a while. Future DH candidate. CF - Engel - His defense has earned him time to see if the bat ever comes around. Might only ever be a 4th OF but deserves the shot to prove otherwise. RF - Avi. I personally think Allstar Avi is a mirage, but unless the FO is blown away by an offer in the offseason he starts in RF. DH - rotation between Davidson, Delmonico, Abreu, and Avi. UT - Saladino - Love his glove and versatility. Bat is probably no better than what we have seen. Rotation Rodon R Lopez ? ? ? Pen ????? Fringe Yolmer Sanchez - FO probably tries to find a new home for him in the offseason. Great glove at 2B, but lacks the versatility to be a good Util. Leury Garcia - Never been a fan of his. Glove is barely passable in the OF, and never liked him at SS. Speed is pretty useless if you can't get on base. 4th OF? Alen Hanson - MEH. Willy Garcia - I like what little I have seen. Probably doesn't play much if he is back before the end of the year. I like his glove more than Avi's but I don't know where he gets time. LF/RF/DH? Stack the losses...
-
Four Game Series with Cubs
I would love it if the Sox won all 4 and put a dent in the northsider's playoff chase, but I am not hopeful. Please win at least 1 and then promptly go back to tanking...