Everything posted by Lip Man 1
-
8/30 GT - BOS @ CHW; Porcello vs. Giolito 7:10pm
Very, very frustrating to see the bullpen garbage on an almost nightly basis. 14th time now the Sox blew a lead and lost when leading in the 7th inning or later. Giolito looked very slid again with nothing to show for it. I repeat, I don't think the Sox will get any superstars, they won't be interested but they can help stabilize the bullpen and perhaps be more respectable in 2019.
-
Eloy's Camp Unhappy: Grievance Possible
Was referring to the general way some players have been treated gong back to guys like Carlton Fisk and Jack McDowell with this organization, not specifically on "service time." As I said they are not breaking any rules and are within their rights but it looks bad from a PR standpoint and right now with them about to have their sixth straight losing season (Last time 1944-1950) they should be trying to get as much positive press / PR / fan goodwill as they can muster. And this could bite them on the ass down the road...we'll have to wait and see.
-
Eloy's Camp Unhappy: Grievance Possible
I see both sides in this and as others have said the Sox are playing within the agreed rules of the game. But given their history and reputation this is not a good look for them and could have very serious consequences down the road. They are between a rock and a hard place in this one with no real "good" solution.
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
Strong effort again by some of the youngsters the rebuild is counting on. They are playing better but let's hope, unlike last year, it doesn't turn into "fools gold' next April.
-
2018 White Sox catch-all thread
The question then becomes if money is the #1 reason, will the Sox offer the most money? Outside of Albert Belle it hasn't happened. Hahn says the money will be there. I guess we'll find out soon enough but I'm not holding my breath or betting the house on the Sox signing any of the very top guys.
-
2018 MiLB White Sox news and notes
Break out the Mark Prior "towel drills..." ?
-
8/28 GT - Big Game James vs. Lance Lynn
I'd be very surprised if it happened. JR's loyalty remember plus a year still on his deal plus if he were outright "fired" (without the medical "excuse") it makes Hahn and Kenny look bad, they vouched for him countless times, they hired him. Saving face is important in the organization remember unfortunately. He should not be the manager when they are good...but if this organization wouldn't fire Ventura after all the goofiness, if it took two years of Ozzie complaining about his contract and mailing it in before they agreed to let him go, they actually extended the doofus Terry Bevington...they won't unload Ricky.
-
8/28 GT - Big Game James vs. Lance Lynn
I'm saying it is not beyond a possibility. Especially if the Sox can't get some bullpen arms as free agents. I don't think the Sox are going turn over the bullpen to a half dozen kids out of the minor leagues with little to no experience. Personally I'd take that gamble given how bad the stiffs they've had in the pen the last two/three years overall have been....but I don't think the Sox would.
-
8/28 Games
I agree. Do not understand it. You don't go from leading the minor leagues in strikeouts to not being able to throw strikes all of a sudden. Kid has GOT to be hurt.
-
Cubs to go own way...
In theory you are right but we'll see what happens. Many are claiming the RSN rights bubble is about to burst because of cord cutting and other options. I'm sure the Cubs have researched and calculated the risks involved.
-
8/28 GT - Big Game James vs. Lance Lynn
Well see.
-
8/28 GT - Big Game James vs. Lance Lynn
13th game this year lost by the Sox when they had a lead in the 7th inning or later. Bullpen needs a lot of work this off season if they want to make significant progress in 2019.
-
Tim Anderson leaves game
Delmonico is a real danger trying to play the outfield going back to spring training.
-
2018 MiLB White Sox news and notes
Thank you
-
Cubs to go own way...
It sounds to me like they are staying together and wll "probably" return to NBC Sports Chicago but are keeping their options open just in case. (Although basically they have no where else to go unless they started their own network which I doubt.)
-
Cubs to go own way...
Remember the luxury tax issue could come into play if they did that as well.
-
Cubs to go own way...
You are right, sorry I didn't catch the spelling issue. The three will stay united in a network it seems.
-
Cubs to go own way...
According to Bruce Levine and the Score tonight, the Cubs have decided to form their own TV Network in October 2019. They have hired Mike McCarthy to oversee it. He ran the MSG Network and the St. Louis Blues. The story said the Sox, Bulls and Blackhawks have hired Phil Bedella to help run their next regional sports network. He was the former G.M. of Comcast Sports Chicago. Sounds like those three are going to stay untied.
-
2018 MiLB White Sox news and notes
Any news recently with Dunning and / or Hansen? Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks!
-
2018 White Sox catch-all thread
Saw this stat on Kopech today. He is the first pitcher since 1908 to start his first two major league games allowing only one run with no walks.
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
Rodon with another very solid start. Some timely hitting as well.
-
The " Tank" is dead . Let there be Light !
In a perfect world, you'd be right and I'm sure the Sox will make every effort to go after those guys this off season. But it takes two to tango and I just don't see the interest coming from them unless the Sox dramatically overpay.
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
I like this winning. Congrats to the kid.
-
8/26 GT - KOPECH DAY (PART 2)!!
Kopech so far is everything he was being hyped to be.
-
The " Tank" is dead . Let there be Light !
It will be interesting to see what direction the organization goes. I doubt any big name free agents will be interested in the Sox, rebuild promise or not so I hope they turn to and sign some guys that can improve the play of the team, help teach the youngsters and if needed be trading chips come next July. I think the Sox have got to now start showing some real progress in the win / lose column, another season where they win 60 games coming on the heels of six straight losing seasons is stretching the patience of everyone. They won't make the playoffs in 2019 but they need to become respectable.