Everything posted by Timmy U
-
History repeats itself...
That '90 team is probably my favorite Sox team of all time. Black Jack McDowell had his first dominant year. We saw the rookie year of Robin Ventura. I went to the doubleheader in Milwaukee in which both Big Frank and Alex Fernandez made their major league debuts. Super fun season. And who was the a-hole who disrespected that team publicly? TLR. Screw that guy.
-
"Project Birmingham": Montgomery, 12 other A-Ball players promoted to AA
Fair enough. I wonder if Mieses heads to the Fall League. Currently, Sosa is on the 40 man and Ramos and Popeye are slam dunks to join. I would protect Mieses ahead of Yolbert, and there are a lot of FA’s and DFA candidates currently on the roster. With Mieses, I would be at 37 and that includes guys I could imagine losing like Banks, Sousa, and Bilous. The real question is how many reliever types like Schilling, Lane Ramsey, and Caleb Freeman do the Sox want to protect. Ramsey’s the only one having success currently, but all provide decent depth. It will be interesting.
-
"Project Birmingham": Montgomery, 12 other A-Ball players promoted to AA
The big eye opener in three games is Mieses. I have always liked him a bit. Not a fast guy, but a decent corner OF, can also play first. Expands the zone a bit, but has good coverage, so he does not have a high K rate. He’s a mid-teens guy for me on their top 30. Should they protect him from the rule 5?
-
8/25 Games
I saw Sommer pitch in Kanny. Stuck out a bunch of Cub A ballers by changing speeds and getting swings on change ups out of the zone. I’ll have to see it at AA to believe it, but yeah he’s been good.
-
Menechino is movable
7-17, actually, but your point remains the same. 38 left on in the last 3 games. They have scored a whopping 12 runs.
-
8/24 Games
Rough night 0-4 out scored 40-6.
-
8/24- Sox at Orioles, 6:05
Maybe one of those was a strike.
-
8/24 Games
Dalquist out 2.1 3R 3ER 6H 2bb 2K. Could’ve been worse, honestly.
-
8/24 Games
The wheels have fallen off for Dalquist in the third. A single then a passed ball and then HR, single, single. May not make it out of the inning.
-
8/24 Games
Henzman let all the runs score. That’s 6 earnies for Bilous. Sox upper level pitching “depth” is a joke. I am in favor of turn Crochet into a starter in part because they have no one else. After Martin, they’re next closest option to the majors may very well be Cannon, who thus far has thrown 1 professional inning.
-
8/24 Games
Bilous is out. Faced 6 guys, they all reached. 28 pitches, only 9 strikes. I simply do not believe he will pitch in the majors, but what do I know?
-
8/24 Games
Soon to be non-prospect Jason Bilous is imploding in the first.
-
8/24- Sox at Orioles, 6:05
Andrus has really sparked this team.
-
Guardians move to 3rd best MiLB system, Sox 26th
I’m kinda shocked the Cubs are 10th. I like Pete Crow Armstrong well enough as a glove first, bottom third of the order cf, but I was never a big Brennan Davis guy. I’ll agree Alcantara is an imposing specimen, but the results in A+ are meh. I see a lot of depth, but where’s the impact?
-
Menechino is movable
Thanks. That is a great analysis.
-
Menechino is movable
I believe Menechino will be fired. I think they are saving him to be the scapegoat so they don’t have to make broader institutional change.
-
8/23 Games
Well, that sucks. On the bright side, guy hit a HR with a broken hamate
-
FutureSox Top 30: Midseason
Nice list. Very informative. The only real surprise for me was Veras. He has outperformed Kath at 2 levels. Neither of them look that great at 3rd. I get the bat-first profile, but I can’t think of 20 guys I’d have ahead of him let alone 30. Then again, I have a pretty low opinion of the Sox “pitching depth” like Bilous, Stiever etc. Anyway, really interesting read. Thanks for all the work you guys do over there.
-
White Sox vs. Royals 8/22 1:10CDT (Kopech vs. Lynch)
They have a ton of people coming off the books after next year. They may have to eat a lot of money and play young guys next year and hope to contend in 2024. Fire. Everyone.
-
White Sox vs. Royals 8/22 1:10CDT (Kopech vs. Lynch)
Ump’s ball/strike map is going to be fascinating. All over the place today.
-
White Sox vs. Royals 8/22 1:10CDT (Kopech vs. Lynch)
Why take him out now?
-
White Sox vs. Royals 8/22 1:10CDT (Kopech vs. Lynch)
Well, it wasn’t much fun while it lasted. Very unlikely to get out of this one.
-
White Sox vs. Royals 8/22 1:10CDT (Kopech vs. Lynch)
Of. Bad call.
-
White Sox vs. Royals 8/22 1:10CDT (Kopech vs. Lynch)
16 base runners in 7 innings. Normally, you would expect to score 7-10 runs. They have 4. 3-10 w RISP is not horrible, but once again, they never score with a runner on 3rd and less than 2 out.
-
White Sox vs. Royals 8/22 1:10CDT (Kopech vs. Lynch)
Diekman lucky things didn’t go worse considering how few strikes he threw.