Everything posted by Timmy U
-
The game thread
And I ‘d like to add some appreciation for Ray Schalk as well.
-
The game thread
Good thought. Detwiler said that he was the best catcher he ever threw to. It’s possible.
-
The game thread
Detwiler has looked pretty okay over the last several starts. Gives up a lot of solo shots, but I can live with that. Nova and Detwiler, who would have thunk it?
-
Renteria goes on pregame anti-analytics rant
https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/white-sox/rick-renteria-defends-his-daily-lineup-construction-im-going-do-what-i-think-i-need-do
-
Renteria goes on pregame anti-analytics rant
Ricky’s Neanderthal approach aside, I was equally disturbed by Cooper’s quote re Gio, “all crap aside, he’s throwing more strikes.” You mean the crap that fixed him? Without Trackman data, his high school pitching coach, and the two neural feedback guys, Lucas would still be following Coop’s advice and getting his brains beat in on two seamers. This is not a good sign for the development of Kopech and Cease.
-
Cordell sent down
I love his play in right, seems like a good guy, but he and Engel are both 27 years old. Not impossible, but unlikely either is going to blossom now, unless they go to the Yankees or Dodgers, then they’ll be all stars.
-
Renteria goes on pregame anti-analytics rant
Really? I will admit to sad and pathetic now, but laughter from the rest of the league does not equal the shorts or Disc Demolition.
-
Octavio Dotel arrested in largest organized crime bust DR history
Castillo vehemently denies. I think there is more to this story. Personally, I am waiting for more info before passing judgment.
-
8/20 Games
Is Charlotte's lineup with Moncada in it and Collins healthy better than the MLB club? It's pretty close.
-
8/20 Games
Trout would have made it so he had never been born.
-
8/19 Games
Sox have so many guys whose weakness is low and away sliders, they’re going to single-handedly give half the league TJs.
-
Former Sox updates (Avi, etc)
Wish Sale the absolute best. The PRP thing scares me. Seems to work pretty rarely, but I can see why they’re being conservative. Remember when Sox pitchers just stayed healthy?
-
8/19 Games
Sorry to see Moncada still down there. Guess he will meet Sox in Chicago?
-
McCann Extension
McCann is 29. Let’s say 4 years and I agree.
-
White Sox vs Twins
But... left-handed hitting!!!
-
Does Leury Garcia deserve a ‘20 starting spot?
How many guys should be off the 40 man? Engel, Cordell, Palka, Castillo, Yolmer probably non-tendered, Abreu free agent, Jay free agent, Skole, Goins, Tilson. It’s going to be a busy off season.
-
Sox v Angels: Schur thing
But he’s friends with Machado.
-
Sox v Angels: Schur thing
Yeah, that’s how he got those big arms. ?
-
Machado do-over
It would surprise me a lot.
-
The Bill Walton Game: Sox vs what's your name again
And don’t call me Francis.
-
The Bill Walton Game: Sox vs what's your name again
Who the heck bunts in that situation?
-
The rumors were (partially) true: Collins to AAA
3 of those 4 guys had already had at least a month of service time, so I imagine they didn't want t wait until June. Also, it appears the Sox have a different opinion on the acclimation of SP's than they do position players, bringing up Kopech and Cease, while leaving Eloy and Robert down. For sure, Collins has got to be coming up after rosters expand. He'll be 25 next year, time to see what you've got.
-
8/16 Games
And the majors. Jimmy Cordero was not a name I was familiar with, for instance. Despaigne, Detwiler... It's been a long year.
-
8/16 Games
Hard hit single for Yo.
-
8/16 Games
Bad news: I don't think Despaigne is going to be part of the rebuild.