Everything posted by Timmy U
-
8/19 games
Ha ha. Sorry, Jackson was originally property of the Philadelphia A's. Even back then the Sox couldn't scout amateurs.
-
8/19 games
In fact he did. The Sox had 3 top OF prospects at that time Mike Cameron, Jeff Abbott, and Magglio Ordonez, then further down they had 2 3b prospects Lee and Joe Crede. Pretty nice group. Mags emerged in AAA as a monster. But he didn't have that much of a track record, so he was not in Eloy's class as a prospect.
-
Ricky's gotta go
Absolutely. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t. Last year when they had a functioning pen in the first half, he and Coop used it fine. Their problem in both the pen and the rotation is that they need better pitchers. Which is, again, why I would hold onto Rodon, the only good pitcher they have.
-
Ricky's gotta go
Hard to fault Renteria for bullpen usage. I think Hahn has purposely given him the worst collection of right handers in the league. Hamilton, Burr, Ruiz, Zach Thompson, Fulmer, Frare, and Bummer would be every bit as “good” as what they’re running out there now, they just don’t want to bring any of them up. When Minaya, a guy who walks about a man an inning, is your best RHP in the pen, nothing is tactics.
-
Ricky's gotta go
“I actually think the deck chairs would look nicer over there, by the Titanic’s railing.”
-
8/17 Games
I was wrong. Cease is done after 1 inning.
-
Sox vs Royals 8/17 7:10 PM CT WGN
I can't wait for the end of the Shields era. Seems like a good guy, but what a catastrophe.
-
8/17 Games
Then Birmingham tied it in 2 pitches.
-
8/17 Games
What a nightmare 1st for Cease 42 pitches. They fouled a ton off. He ended up striking out the side, but he'll be lucky to go 4 innings.
-
OT: Sale
Heard this guy is good.
-
White Sox Vs Cleveland 8.12 game thread
He also may make sense working at Target. I wonder if the Sox would think of bumping Cease up to AAA and give him a chance at a rotation spot next season. He's the same age as Kopech. The reason he's a level down is the TJS. Rodon, Kopech, and Cease in the rotation would be fun to see.
-
Which of the current mlb players are significant pieces of the next good team?
I just don't understand this desire to trade Rodon. The Sox have literally no one tied up long term. If they could throw the Shields money directly into the sewer, then they can afford to be the ones who give Rodon $200 million. Are we supposed to rebuild forever? Plus, we still have 3 years of control on a guy entering his prime. I guess listen to offers, but unless it's one of the best prospects in all of baseball, I'm against it.
-
8/11 Games
His twitter is @lamantha21. Maybe he wants 21?
-
Which of the current mlb players are significant pieces of the next good team?
What about Rodon? Seems like a key piece.
-
Indians @ Sox 6:10 Bauer vs. Shields
Can the Sox move everyone to the 8 hole?
-
8/11 Games
Okay. Still take him over Pavin Smith.
-
8/11 Games
Looked tremendous hit 100 on his 88th pitch
-
8/11 Games
Kopech likely done 7.0 5H 0R 0BB 9K
-
8/11 Games
College players always rise near the end, then teams regret not drafting the high school guys. Think everyone who passed on Jo Adell regrets it now? Kelenic, Gorman, and Turang all off to good starts. I do not trust late risers. I was on Gorman and Kelenic for Sox, but oh well.
-
8/10 Games
Yeah, grand slam in the 9th, second granny of the inning. 18-1 Barons.
-
Indians@Sox 7:10 PM NBCSN-CHI Bieber vs. Rodon
All right, 1.5 decent pitchers.
-
Indians@Sox 7:10 PM NBCSN-CHI Bieber vs. Rodon
Man, Ricky's burning through pitchers. Davidson, start warming.
-
Indians@Sox 7:10 PM NBCSN-CHI Bieber vs. Rodon
I don't think it matters if he's LH, Rodon's like the only decent pitcher on the team. If they trade him at 25 years old with 3 years of control, the league ought to step in.
-
Indians@Sox 7:10 PM NBCSN-CHI Bieber vs. Rodon
Now you made me feel bad for Duck fans.
-
8/10 Games
14-1 Barons. 6 HRs. 2 by Keon Barnum.