Everything posted by Timmy U
-
Indians@Sox 7:10 PM NBCSN-CHI Bieber vs. Rodon
You'd need a top 10 player to make it worth it. If Toronto wants to give you Vlad Jr. or San Diego offers you know who. Otherwise, no thanks.
-
8/10 Games
He was also getting squeezed, I thought.
-
Indians@Sox 7:10 PM NBCSN-CHI Bieber vs. Rodon
Ugh. Watching who the Sox are rolling out there offensively is rough. Carlos was awesome, though.
-
Indians@Sox 7:10 PM NBCSN-CHI Bieber vs. Rodon
I think it's the 5 hour energy drinks.
-
8/10 Games
Cease's FB command light year's ahead of last year.
-
8/4 Games
If next year's Kanny infield is Zangari, Nunes, Sosa, and Bush that would be pretty interesting.
- 8/4 Games
-
8/4 Games
I think you have to compare their AA seasons. Kopech was pretty dominant in AA last year as well. I'm glad we don't have to choose. Crazy that Hahn probably got more for Quintana than Sale when all is said and done.
-
8/4 Games
I would like to invite the folks at fangraphs to step into the box against Cease the way he's throwing. Have no idea why they rate him so low.
-
Moncada
I hope you're right. I have never shared the Madrigal optimism. Would be happy to be wrong, but, generally, I don't like players who don't walk and don't have any power. His value seems to be entirely wrapped up in 2b defense and batting average. And remember, the further up you go, the more infield hits turn into outs.
- 7/31 Games
-
Alex Calling
Jimenez and Robert are givens. Scramble for the last spot (or two with dh). I would be shocked if Avi is one of them cuz $$$.
-
7/27 Games
The box was 10 feet away.
-
Danish & Vieira called up, Volstad DFA'd
Good for Burr. He's been lights out for the last two months. Sox have some interesting bullpen options coming up in Hamilton, Burr, Ruiz, Johnson, and (eventually) Burdi.
-
Carlos Rodon receiving trade interest
I can't imagine any package that any team is willing to pay that I'd trade Carlos Rodon for. If you're serious about starting to compete in 2020, having a solid TOR guy already set makes all the difference in the world. I think the next two guys up are Kopech and Cease and that both those guys will have some growing pains because of control. (Strangely, I have more faith that Cease is going to have average to above average command eventually than Kopech) The absolute last thing I'd be doing right now is getting rid of a 25 y.o. lefty with premium stuff. I almost don't care what you get back. At a certain point, you have to stop tearing down and start building up.
-
7/25 Games
Yeah, probably. Although to me, this is what Cease has looked like most of the year. I'm shocked when anyone hits him.
-
FS: Have the Sox ever had a prospect like Eloy in AAA?
Kittle was a weird, under-the-radar prospect. He had been released by the Dodgers, I believe, after he broke his neck, and he went to work in a steel mill. Sox signed him more as filler and then he exploded. I’m pretty sure they didn’t believe the results. Also, this is before the era of 3 true outcomes. He simply didn’t have the skill set of ideal outfielders in that era. Remember, the White Sox we’re trying to build a dream outfield out of power/speed guys just a few years before like Chet Lemon, Claudell Washington, and Thad Boseley. Harold Baines was a rookie in ‘82 and he was their priority prospect. Kittle was like a giant softball player it took them a while to warm up to.
-
The worst game attended during the worst season in my lifetime as a Sox fan
I meant '76
-
The worst game attended during the worst season in my lifetime as a Sox fan
My Dad had season tickets to the 1977 Sox when I was a kid. Starting rotation was like Gossage, Forster, Jesse Jefferson, etc. But I flew into town last year for the rainy second doubleheader game last year where Fulmer gave up all those homers. Horrific. Really the sense of "they're never going to be good again." Still fun to see my brother and his kids, though. Reasons I'm still watching: Carlos Rodon, Reynaldo Lopez, rooting for Giolito to turn it around, and looking for progress on Moncada.
-
7/14 Games
Kopech looks like he's done 11K's. Dealing.
-
7/13 Games
Nice article on Zangari. Seems like a great kid. https://www.milb.com/milb/news/chicago-white-sox-prospect-corey-zangari-launches-three-homers/c-285735548
-
Jimenez could return Sunday
This is a huge problem for baseball right now. Deserving players are kept down to game the system. The next CBA should adopt something similar to hockey -- a fixed number of years of control, say 8, maybe 10 if you sign as a 16 year old, and it accrues the same minors or majors.
-
7/13 Games
Tyler Johnson is intriguing. Are they developing him as a multi-inning reliever? I've watched him a few times on MiLB-TV. Stuff looks filthy.
-
7.11 Game Thread
I gotta say, birthday or not, anyone who would ever boo Robin Ventura is not much of a Sox fan. He might not have been a great manager, but the talent was poor. I don't think the Angels in the Outfield could have won with those clubs.
- Cardinals @ Sox 7/10/18, Mikolas/Covey