Everything posted by Timmy U
-
Munemania: Rated 100/10
He just feels like a guy the Angels are going to sign, but I would like the Sox to do anything to add significant talent. His K rate, in zone miss, etc aren’t pretty but the power is stoopid, so… might be fun.
-
2025 MiLB Catch All thread
Silver Lake is also very close to the Ellisons. Essentially, Skydance/Paramount is going to control TikTok.
-
White Sox acquire OF Tristan Peters from TB for PTBNL/$
Along with Ben Cowles, Derek Hill, and Everson Pereira. Sox are where DFAs go to languish. Roster is at 39 now, so it does not appear they are on the cusp of a FA frenzy. Although I'm pretty sure some of those guys could make it through waivers.
-
White Sox acquire OF Tristan Peters from TB for PTBNL/$
My thing is I don’t want to watch them go 5-21 again next April. What I really want is for them to sign one more mlb outfielder.
-
White Sox acquire OF Tristan Peters from TB for PTBNL/$
I am just saying, he’ll outplay these guys in the Spring. Cuz they bad.
-
White Sox acquire OF Tristan Peters from TB for PTBNL/$
If this is as good as they can do, Braden Montgomery will be the Opening Day starter.
-
White Sox announce full coaching staff for 2026
This is a young staff, but the youngest in the league is going to Washington. I think everyone is under 40. Pretty insane.
-
Sox hire Carlos Rodriguez for Assistant GM role
Great hire. I wondered where he was going to land. Never dreamed it would be with the Sox. Getz has a near-magical ability to get people to buy into his vision. Let’s hope they’re right.
-
Robert Thread: Sox talking to Reds, Mets
Have you seen him play? Lotta warts in Zavala’s game. Defense in center ain’t one of them.
-
Chicago White Sox's Offseason FA Signings Trades Megathread
Seems like the Twins are trying to compete, which is more than you can say for the Sox. I'm not even an advocate of them doing much, but how little they're doing to bolster the 2026 team is shocking even to me. Don't care about Josh Bell specifically, but when you can't spend $6 mil on a lefty bat, it's just sad.
-
White Sox win draft lottery, will pick #1 in 2026
Underspending? In the draft? I don’t think that penalty exists for the draft. If you’re talking about revenue sharing receivers, if they underspend, the penalty is that they lose their share of revenue sharing. There are no draft picks involved.
-
Chicago White Sox's Offseason FA Signings Trades Megathread
Polanco signed to the exact same years and dollars as Robert. Obviously, he had a much better offensive year, but Robert's defensive value is lightyears ahead of Polanco. Maybe he's not as overpaid as we thought.
-
Streamer 600 Projections
Steamer leans heavily into how it translates MiLB numbers and it isn’t all that accurate when it does that. Obviously, I hope the projection is way off for Colson. Otherwise, next season will be a disaster.
-
Pete Fairbanks?
The Sox actually have a pretty good selection of righty relievers to look at when you consider Taylor, Leasure, Vasil, Alberto, Wikelman, eventually Berroa and possibly a guy like Franklin. Where they suck is from the left side.
-
Chicago White Sox's Offseason FA Signings Trades Megathread
Tyler Alexander is off the board!
-
2025 Rule 5 Thread
The guys on the Baseball America podcast were raving about the Sox second pick Alexander Alberto. Said he had the best stuff of anyone chosen. Not much experience, but he throws a 100 mph cutter. So he will at least be interesting in Spting Training.
-
Sox Claim Ryan Rolison
I guess I’m the only one on this board who believes in accountability.
-
Sox Claim Ryan Rolison
I think they bring them all to Camelback Ranch and let God sort 'em out. Of those 6 lefties, exactly zero are anything like a sure thing for a high-leverage role.
-
Sox Claim Ryan Rolison
When I saw that he got released I thought the Sox might put in a claim. They were so bad in the pen from the left side last year that their approach is gonna be volume volume volume.
-
Robert Thread: Sox talking to Reds, Mets
I guess, but with Reinsdorf refusing to kick in cash, they'll probably get years of control of marginal big leaguers. Not sure if I care about getting a bulk of Tanner Murrays. I just don't want they're payroll to slip below $70 million.
-
Robert Thread: Sox talking to Reds, Mets
I think I'm in the minority here, but I would prefer to watch Luis Robert steal some bases, play good defense and strike out a ton than to watch a lesser player like Pereira just strike out a ton and Jerry get $20 million. You know that if Luis is traded, the team is just gonna pocket the cash.
-
Chicago White Sox's Offseason FA Signings Trades Megathread
My dual questions with Bleday are "Is he really better than Tauchman?" and "Is he really better for any length of time than Braden?" His age and years of control are irrelevant if he's used for 2 months and then Braden sends him to the bench. He's not really a cf, and he's not a consistent mlb hitter, so I can see them signing him, but imho he's not really the answer to anything other than "How do we get through the first 2 months of the season?"
-
2025 Rule 5 Thread
The fact that the Sox have had to get so many guys from the Rule 5 draft may point to problems while Getz was farm director, but it also underlines how low the org was when he took over. He inherited almost zero talent in the majors or minors. This rebuild was always gonna be super painful no matter who they put in charge.
-
2025 Rule 5 Thread
Well, first of all, recent signings are not eligible, so it's how the league views older players. But, yeah, the Sox have a really strong Top 9. After that, it's anyone's guess as to anyone being good. I'm smoking the Hopium for guys like Larson, Hodge, and Christian Gonzalez to make leaps, but 10-50 in the system is pretty thin.
-
Chicago White Sox's Offseason FA Signings Trades Megathread
Real Estate in Manhattan is super expensive for a reason. I am fortunate enough to live there now. Pretty great honestly.