Everything posted by Timmy U
-
Fire Chris Getz
I think half the threads on the board eventually fit this description.
-
Being bad doesn't = Rebuilding
Is Dylan Crews any good? I think the jury is very much out on him. He has been pretty bad so far. Next year will be huge for him. Also, who knows about Willits? He may be the next Bobby Witt Jr. He may be the next first round bust. Gotta give that time. To the main point of the thread: Yeah, probably. The Sox are trying to be a low payroll team without extra draft picks that somehow puts together a winning team. The sport is loaded with perennial losers who do that like the Pirates and Marlins. The Sox are in danger of falling into that bucket. Kinda early to tell since the complete implosion of their entire roster is so recent. Branch Rickey would be losing 110 games a year with what was left after that. Personally, I don’t put too much stock in farm system rankings since outcomes are uncertain. Cleveland’s farm system didn’t get much credit for Jose Ramirez, but he turned into a borderline Hall of Famer. The Cardinals were given a lot of publicity for Jordan Walker, and that has not worked out. The Sox have like 9 guys who are pretty highly touted. If half of them work out, they will be competitive. If someone exceeds their perceived ceiling, maybe they’ll be good. The whole thing is a crapshoot.
-
Sox at Yankees Rodon/Martin
Name one lefty in the bullpen the Sox should not immediately release at the end of the season. Maybe Ellard?
-
2025 MiLB Catch All thread
I think the Sox have a bunch of guys all around the 55 FV tier, but for my money, Bonemer is currently their Top Prospect.
-
9/24 Winner Take All Game
His season is not 100% over as he is headed to the AFL.
-
9/24 Winner Take All Game
Hagen 1-2-3 in the first with 2K. 11 pitches, 9 for strikes. I hope he keeps it up.
-
9/23 Playoff Elimination Game
Game over. Barons win 7-3. Bullpen struggled after McDougal, but held on.
-
9/19 Games
Smith is pitching in the AFL so clearly the Sox think he needs the innings. I wonder if they let McDougal go a little longer given it is his last appearance of the year.
-
9/15/25 Orioles @ White Sox
Why waste Vasil now?
-
9/15/25 Orioles @ White Sox
7 straight appearances with runs for Alexander. Release him, for the love of all that is holy.
-
9/15/25 Orioles @ White Sox
And that is why.
-
9/15/25 Orioles @ White Sox
I do not enjoy watching Tyler Alexander play baseball.
-
Genuine progress
Montgomery still has a lot of holes and is real streaky with the K's. I have no idea if he'll be up early next year. I think there's one scenario in which he closes a few holes and rockets into right field. There's another another where the further he goes up, the more the holes get exploited. That may delay things. He's a good enough defender that .240 with decent power is a major leaguer, though. OTOH, I think Bonemer is going to move incredibly fast. Scouts don't like how little movement there is in his swing, but it works and there are very few moving parts. He could be up by May 2027. And I would not be surprised if they stuck him in the outfield if there's still the huge glut of infielders. Guy's a good athlete.
-
2025 International signings thread
Ooops. I need to check my work.
-
2025 International signings thread
Do we need to move this to the 2020 International signings thread?
-
9/11 Games
3 innings. 6bb 6K. Pretty insane. I was hoping for a left-handed Paul Skenes. So far, its more left-handed Sean Burke. I now have Oppor ahead of him, but there's still time for development.
-
9/11 Sox vs. Rays 1:10PM
Why is Tyler Alexander in any game ever?
-
9/10 Sox vs. Rays 6:40PM
All hail Venable!
-
9/10 Sox vs. Rays 6:40PM
Understand the move. Wouldn’t do it myself.
- 9/9/2025 - Rays @ Sox - Houser contre Gomez, 6:40 pm
- 9/9/2025 - Rays @ Sox - Houser contre Gomez, 6:40 pm
-
9/7/2025 - Sox @ Tigers - 12:40 - Martin v. Morton
I'll be surprised if they do. If they pick up Robert's option, I don't think there will be a lot of money to spend. Also, Williams? That's pretty risky. I also believe they will not sign anyone with a QO attached. They can't afford to surrender the draft capital. But they have surprised me before.
- 9/7/2025 - Sox @ Tigers - 12:40 - Martin v. Morton
- 9/7/2025 - Sox @ Tigers - 12:40 - Martin v. Morton
- 9/7/2025 - Sox @ Tigers - 12:40 - Martin v. Morton