Everything posted by Timmy U
-
2026 Schedule Released
Good memories. I was at that game with a mixed group of Sox and Brewers.
-
We could be Royals: KC at Sox 6:40CDT 8/25, my man Josh has abdicated on the 20 minute rule
Teel has been better defensively so far than Quero, especially framing. I think it would be crazy to move him to 1b.
-
We could be Royals: KC at Sox 6:40CDT 8/25, my man Josh has abdicated on the 20 minute rule
Sosa has got to be one of their starting 9. I think Meidroth is probably the odd man out.
-
We could be Royals: KC at Sox 6:40CDT 8/25, my man Josh has abdicated on the 20 minute rule
Youngsters looking darned good in this one. Been a very enjoyable homestand so far.
-
8/24 Games
Good for Bonemer. I have him as the best position player prospect in the system. Probably not the consensus.
-
8/24 Games
Lodise has been fascinating. Started ice cold. Was featured as one of the high-round disappointments in a BA podcast and this week has been on fire. Righty swinging undersized guy who has no track record hitting with wood and who probably profiles at 2b, so not my kind of profile. Still, nice to see him hitting.
-
Sox VS Twins. 1:10 CT. Gomez vs Bradley
That was a bomb.
-
8/24 Games
Schultz went for CLT. 2IP 2H 1R 0ER 0bb 4K. Committed the error that led to the unearned run. Good first step back.
-
ESPN updated T100
Braden’s stock went down before his recent surge. McDaniel probably came up with this list a month ago and it does not reflect the last 2-3 weeks during which Braden surged.
-
8/19 Sox @ Braves 6:15 PM
Ok, but some of that is in the ump.
-
8/19 Sox @ Braves 6:15 PM
Baldwin played a lot of positions in the minors (primarily ss, 3b, some 2b, a little 1b and only occasionally the of). In college, he played rf and 2b mostly. In high school he pitched and was the team’s catcher. He was the only one who could catch his teammate MacKenzie Gore. That said, playing those positions in mlb is another matter entirely. Especially OF in a three deck stadium.
- 8/17/2025 - Sox @ Royals - 1:10 pm - Davis v. Bergert
- Yoendrys Gomez Up, Vargas Back, Julks DFAed, Elvis down
-
MLB Updated Rankings
It’s an interesting dilemma. I am probably high man on Bonemer — I would have him over Braden. I just like the way he carries himself and the potential for impact. I’m probably too high, but he impressed me from the jump. But I can see why you’d have Carlson higher.
-
Jonathan Cannon optioned to AAA, Wikelman González promoted
They might have to send him to Bannister school in Arizona. Right now, he doesn't have a prayer against lefties.
-
8/7 Gamethread vs Mariners
So they played shorthanded for a whole road trip and the IL him for Amaya on the last day?! Insane but typical.
-
8/6 Gamethread
He has to be added before the Rule 5 anyway and too raw in what way? He's throwing strikes and the stuff is legit filthy. I'm not suggesting promoting Oppor or something. McDougal's mechanics right now are about as consistent as they're ever going to get. He's certainly ahead of H. Smith and Schultz in that regard. He's gonna be up in September anyway, so what I'm saying is not exactly radical.
-
8/6 Gamethread
Personally, I bring up McDougal. He has at least two legit out pitches. Piggyback him with Vasil or something. Cannon looks mighty broken right now.
-
8/6 Gamethread
Cannon has given them no chance in almost every start since the break. I understand why they didn’t pull him, but it was obvious he had nothing. Might as well bring a position player in to pitch the third. At least I can go to bed early.
-
Adrian Houser traded to TB for former top prospect Curtis Mead
He was referring to the Dodgers getting James Tibbs for Dustin May being a better get than Mead for Houser.
-
8/3 3:07PM CDT Gamethread, Sox go for Sweep of Angels
Rojas was trying to GIDP, but he was thwarted. Why won't Venable stop playing him?
-
Mead up, Vargas to 10 day IL
Yeah, he could be out all month. Too bad because he was looking good at the plate.
-
Mead up, Vargas to 10 day IL
Sox have played short-handed a lot, so I agree. But he won’t be playing tomorrow. It’s an off day.
-
White Sox in 2026
I would not bring up either Schultz or Smith. I don’t think either is Rule 5 eligible and the Sox will need those spots for McDougal, Pallette, and all the 60 day IL guys.
-
White up, Noda Waived, Altavilla on IL, Scholtens off 60-day IL
You wouldn’t find much about him there either. Former Rangers second rounder who had some love on the back of a few top 100s. Sox picked him up on waivers at the end of Spring. Mostly started at Charlotte. He’s been okay. Is nothing special. I’d DFA after the season when the Sox have all those 60 day IL guys to bring back, but Six seem to like him.