**7/10 Game Thread: White Sox vs Braves**

Brian

The White Sox have a golden opportunity to tease everyone with another series win. However, they lose a series at home vs a horrible Atlanta team. This team is nothing more than an 82 win team. That will NOT be enough to win that second wildcard spot. I would say sell, sell, sell and either start prepping for 2017 and beyond. However, we all know what will happen. Hahn and KW will with stand pat and hope to catch lightning in a bottle ( their famous approach), OR they will sell off three or four of our best prospects for an impact bat. The sad thing is, I think it will be the ladder AND they will STILL miss the playoffs. That's how sad our organization is.

Just imagine how many valuable prospects they can get for the likes of Quintana and Abreu. Or even Eaton, Melky and Frazier? It reminds me of the Alexei Ramirez situation of 2014-15. They had a golden opportunity to get more high quality near MLB ready prospects, but instead decided to keep him. We all know how Alexei did in 2015 :( I'm convinced Hahn and KW do not know when to sell high on veterans.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GreatScott82 @ Jul 10, 2016 -> 04:16 PM)
The White Sox have a golden opportunity to tease everyone with another series win. However, they lose a series at home vs a horrible Atlanta team. This team is nothing more than an 82 win team. That will NOT be enough to win that second wildcard spot. I would say sell, sell, sell and either start prepping for 2017 and beyond. However, we all know what will happen. Hahn and KW will with stand pat and hope to catch lightning in a bottle ( their famous approach), OR they will sell off three or four of our best prospects for an impact bat. The sad thing is, I think it will be the ladder AND they will STILL miss the playoffs. That's how sad our organization is.

Yep.

Or, more likely, saddle themselves with yet another big veteran contract for a guy coming over from the AL in his early to mid 30's who wets the bed in 2017 and limits our options for improving the team/financial flexibility...forcing more rebuild talk going into 2018, and the same old arguments about how the White Sox would go from 25th in MLB in attendance to 28th-30th and potentially the attendance subsidies guaranteed by the State of Illinois clicking in (and all the public scrutiny that would draw, giving taxpayer money to a team worth a billion dollars while state pensions and school teachers can't be paid out).

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jul 10, 2016 -> 09:14 PM)
This weekend is precisely why I think it would be foolish for the front office to "go for it" and trade more potential future assets (off the major league roster or the minor leagues)on the slim chance they can somehow grab the second wild card spot.

You lose two of three AT HOME to the worst team in baseball.

The only consistent thing about the White Sox is their frustratingly inconsistency.

Still shaking my head over this weekend.

Now add in the fact they are unable to beat Cleveland, Kansas City or Detroit on a regular basis and you see "going for it" is a fool's errand.

Mark

You speak the truth.

I don't know why people don't like my suggestion that could rebuild this team in a hurry. ... Over the all star break identifiy the young studs on contenders' AA and AAA teams and GO GET THEM.

Look, contenders will want the guys I want to deal: Melky, Robertson, Frazier, Duke, Lawrie, Avila, Navarro. Somebody might also want Avi and/or Shuck. Trade Q as well if you get an unbelievable haul in return.

Get a boatload of players for these guys and rebuild around Sale, Abreu, Eaton, Anderson, Saladino and maybe Q. Nate can become the closer until the offseason when we buy one via free agency.

GO SOX!

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 10, 2016 -> 08:48 PM)
You speak the truth.

I don't know why people don't like my suggestion that could rebuild this team in a hurry. ... Over the all star break identifiy the young studs on contenders' AA and AAA teams and GO GET THEM.

Look, contenders will want the guys I want to deal: Melky, Robertson, Frazier, Duke, Lawrie, Avila, Navarro. Somebody might also want Avi and/or Shuck. Trade Q as well if you get an unbelievable haul in return.

Get a boatload of players for these guys and rebuild around Sale, Abreu, Eaton, Anderson, Saladino and maybe Q. Nate can become the closer until the offseason when we buy one via free agency.

GO SOX!

f*** that - if you're blowing it up.. Blow it up. Sale and Abreu goes as well. Q for sure.

Anderson, Rodon, and Eaton are the new ones to build around.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 10, 2016 -> 10:52 PM)
f*** that - if you're blowing it up.. Blow it up. Sale and Abreu goes as well. Q for sure.

Anderson, Rodon, and Eaton are the new ones to build around.

I think they could honestly just trade Quintana and get better. Short term (rest of the season) it'd hurt the rotation but next season would be more beneficial. That's if you could get a haul from Boston. Personally, I'd love to see the, blow it up and watch a bunch of young top prospects grow. It's fun watching Tim come up and grow and do well. Imagine if we had Moncada, Benintendi, Devers, etc. from trading those guys. I'd be excited to watch them develop and they're close enough to the bigs that it's not like your trading for a bunch of low A prospects.

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 11, 2016 -> 01:00 AM)
I think they could honestly just trade Quintana and get better. Short term (rest of the season) it'd hurt the rotation but next season would be more beneficial. That's if you could get a haul from Boston. Personally, I'd love to see the, blow it up and watch a bunch of young top prospects grow. It's fun watching Tim come up and grow and do well. Imagine if we had Moncada, Benintendi, Devers, etc. from trading those guys. I'd be excited to watch them develop and they're close enough to the bigs that it's not like your trading for a bunch of low A prospects.

If you are trading Q, which i have no problem with , I would want at least 1 MLB player along w the type of prospects you name. If Boston, I want Betts since I now think Bradley is untpouchable. If they could get Betts and Moncada I would do it.