White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 04:51 PM)
Because I have too much time on my hands at work i was looking at Boston's roster heavily and trying to come up with a package not centered around Moncada for Sale that would be realistic for both sides. Would anybody actually do the following deal? That was the best deal I could come up with that I think Boston would realistically do.

Travis Shaw

Eduardo Rodriguez

Rafael Devers

Andrew Benintendi

Michael Kopech

Michael Chavis

Oh f*** that. They are giving up Moncada. Sale and Q are worth Moncada headlined package. Sale has even more value than Q (not sure how much) so Moncada has to be in it. I've been saying he needs to headline the Q one. He should. Qs track record, contract and age speak for itself. If Hahn can't get Moncada that's a failure IMO.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 06:58 PM)
Oh f*** that. They are giving up Moncada. Sale and Q are worth Moncada headlined package. Sale has even more value than Q (not sure how much) so Moncada has to be in it. I've been saying he needs to headline the Q one. He should. Qs track record, contract and age speak for itself. If Hahn can't get Moncada that's a failure IMO.

Easy pal lol, I definitely want Moncada too. I'm just throwing the hypothetical out there of if Boston takes Moncada off the table are they even in the running? Would a package like the 1 I threw out even get them in the door compared to what other teams will offer? Or is it Moncada or don't even answer Boston's call?

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 05:58 PM)

Reading the online reports from the "experts" most don't think as highly of Quintana because while he produces good numbers, he doesn't have the high end skill set to net that type of package.

QUOTE (Big Hurtin @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 06:11 PM)
My 2 cents:

I don't think Boston is going to give up what most here think it will take to get Sale.

That being said, if they don't, dig in your heels. Don't take a lesser offer when you don't have to.

Exactly. The only 2 scenarios are they deal one or the other for a haul (s) or we keep both and try to reload this offseason.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 02:40 PM)
I don't like Hahn for personal reasons that go all the way back to how he treated people at Harvard Law...but mostly because he has done a pretty lousy job.

I don't think Ventura is the best manager for the future of this organization.

I have never underrated Sale or Q.

The Q package would include Robertson and return Moncada, Benitendi, Kopech, Eduardo Rodriguez and Rusney Castillo with huge cash susidy for remaining dollars on that deal.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 6, 2015 -> 09:05 AM) *

Why? Are you not happy with Hahn's tenure?

Haber is much more similar to Hahn than KW.

You need your contract negotiators, and your talent evaluators in equal measure, and, on rare occasions, you have front office guys proficient at both.

To be disappointed in much beyond the smaller moves fizzling (like Keppinger) is pretty much an impossible argument to make given where this organization was 18 months ago.

This post has been edited by caulfield12: Mar 6, 2015 -> 10:12 AM

QUOTE (MDWhiteSoxFan @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 08:52 PM)
Basically the only player worthy of this guy is Kershaw and that's with LA eating the contract

Funny thing is Kershaw has a clause in his contract where he immediately becomes a free agent if traded, ruining a lot of his value for other teams.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 09:08 PM)
Funny thing is Kershaw has a clause in his contract where he immediately becomes a free agent if traded, ruining a lot of his value for other teams.

Veterans on multi year contracts used to have the right to demand a trade after a season if they got traded.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 05:05 PM)
Easy pal lol, I definitely want Moncada too. I'm just throwing the hypothetical out there of if Boston takes Moncada off the table are they even in the running? Would a package like the 1 I threw out even get them in the door compared to what other teams will offer? Or is it Moncada or don't even answer Boston's call?

I wasn't trying to be disrespectful to you. Just more towards the notion that Sale wouldn't net their top prospect like some say. Not really you just most Red Sox fans.

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 07:22 PM)
God Red Sox fans are the worst.

Urias starts the Sale package. De Leon, Bellinger and 3 more.

Wonder if this Urias stuff was leaked by us to try getting Boston to move on Monacada?

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 07:50 PM)
Seeing as they have Bogaerts at short for a while and Pedroia locked up for the next 5 years at second, isn't this the type of deal you'd move Moncada in? To get a front of the rotation arm locked up for next 3+ years?

They'll never find a better trade target than Sale.

QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 25, 2016 -> 11:05 PM)
They'll never find a better trade target than Sale.

I know so they should be open-minded to dealing Moncada. I guess they could always move him to third though (unless they dealt with us and kept Devers).

Edited by soxfan2014