White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 03:24 PM)
Am I the only one expecting a stealth bomb?

At this point i'd say you're in the small minority.

The Dodgers seem more focused on Archer/Moore, the Rangers are probably getting Lucroy and maybe a 4/5 starter, and the Red Sox seem frustrated.

The Yankees appear to be focused on moving out Beltran and Nova, which leaves... no one, really.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 04:31 PM)
At the very least, Hahn needs to be working on bringing something back for Cabrera and Robertson tonight.

That should be the very very least. And not just fringe players but prospects, especially for Cabrera who is having a great season

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 03:35 PM)
I mean if you really want to trade Sale to Boston I'm pretty positive you wont be getting Moncada back in return. I'm not sure they would trade him for anyone.

No Moncada for the White, then no Sale for the Red. It's that simple.

Edited by Thad Bosley

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 02:35 PM)
I mean if you really want to trade Sale to Boston I'm pretty positive you wont be getting Moncada back in return. I'm not sure they would trade him for anyone.

And that's why they are frustrated.

QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 04:37 PM)
No Moncada for the White, then no Sale for the Red. It's that simple.

Probably. But if they really wanted to get rid of him they would have to compromise which I must say sounds better than keeping both going into the offseason. Hahn trying to keep his job trading for other various bandaids.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 02:40 PM)
Probably. But if they really wanted to get rid of them they would have to compromise which I must say sounds better than keeping both going into the offseason. Hahn trying to keep his job trading for other various bandaids.

I think there is a deal there to be made for Quintana without Moncada.

But I'm sorry, I just can't have a serious conversation with you if you want Sale and you are trying to claim a prospect is off-limits.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 04:40 PM)
Probably. But if they really wanted to get rid of them they would have to compromise which I must say sounds better than keeping both going into the offseason. Hahn trying to keep his job trading for other various bandaids.

That's what I wonder too. Is he really intent on improving this team in the long term at the expense of some terrible years and maybe losing his job quicker, or going the easy, i'll just appease old man Reinsdorf route, and "going for it" route

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 04:42 PM)
I think there is a deal there to be made for Quintana without Moncada.

But I'm sorry, I just can't have a serious conversation with you if you want Sale and you are trying to claim a prospect is off-limits.

See I dont think they are willing to give up either of the two top prospects for Q. I think if you want one of them(Your only getting 1) you need to give up Sale.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 04:26 PM)
If we go into the offseason with both Sale and Q you know we're going for it again in 2017.

I would disagree. I would agree if they go into Spring Training with both.

I could see Boston trading an mlb player such as bradley if they don't make the world series. I just don't see them making that kind of move during the season.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 02:44 PM)
See I dont think they are willing to give up either of the two top prospects for Q. I think if you want one of them(Your only getting 1) you need to give up Sale.

Well I just can't take you seriously if that is the case. You've got no business being at the big boy table if you want to play with money from the kiddie table.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 04:45 PM)
Well I just can't take you seriously if that is the case. You've got no business being at the big boy table if you want to play with money from the kiddie table.

They are probably perfectly fine with that. They get to bring those prospects up next year and we get to wallow at the .500 line waiting for Sale's contract to expire.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 02:47 PM)
They are probably perfectly fine with that. They get to bring those prospects up next year and we get to wallow at the .500 line waiting for Sale's contract to expire.

Yeah, that is true, but you can't allow them to dictate what you get for assets like Sale and Quintana just because they are the Red Sox.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 04:48 PM)
Yeah, that is true, but you can't allow them to dictate what you get for assets like Sale and Quintana just because they are the Red Sox.

Who said anything about allowing them to do a trade because they are the Red Sox? I'm more worried about our idiot general manger trying to justify another run at it next year and further delaying this. He's going to try and save his ass.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 04:47 PM)

Yet their pitching will not significantly improve otherwise. There's no FA signing to make.

It's almost rdiculous how a team as offensively minded as Boston, with a high payroll, is stuck with the idea of holding onto.....more offensive players. That's the point of having an abundance of something, to trade it away for what you need

Edited by Flash Tizzle

The issue is that eventually they will need to acquire starting pitching somehow. Sale would be better and more affordable than any other option. Just depends on the risk-reward of the lesser options.

The issue is that eventually they will need to acquire starting pitching somehow. Sale would be better and more affordable than any other option. Just depends on the risk-reward of the lesser options.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 04:44 PM)

Then you simply can't do a deal with them. Right now, I'm thinking the Yankees may be our best match. They desperately need another starter and have a ton of money coming off the books over the next couple years, which means they can simply spend to fill a lot of their positional holes. I think they may be more motivated than anyone to get a cost-controlled ace and may be willing to do something stupid right now. Not sure if the Red Sox are just posturing, but they're acting as if they're not willing to play ball for Sale. Maybe a nice Yankees offer would spur their interest a bit.

It's going to be glorious. Standing pat. Robin Ventura getting an extension. Various IF and OF pieces traded for. Talk about high expectations with playoffs in mind and missing them. Then 1 year less on Sale and Q's contracts.

What really needs to happen is Hahn needs to be fired and a new GM needs to be brought in to rebuild.

Edited by Baron

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 05:57 PM)
It's going to be glorious. Standing pat. Robin Ventura getting an extension. Various IF and OF pieces traded for. Talk about high expectations with playoffs in mind and missing them. Then 1 year less on Sale and Q's contracts.

What really needs to happen is Hahn needs to be fired and a new GM needs to be brought in to rebuild.

KW's fingerprints need to be scrubbed clean of the front office too if we are going to make all of those moves. He's been the 1 consistent in this nearly decade of losing. Of course it probably won't happen tho.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 31, 2016 -> 04:57 PM)

I'll be honest, I will never abandon the White Sox. They will always be my passion, first and foremost. Having said that, if they try retooling it again, I'll be taking a long f***ing break. I won't be supporting this team with my money or time until changes are made. And I'm fully aware that will have no impact on their decision-making, but I can't sit by year after year as this organization continues to f***-up and continue to support this product.

I really hope I'm wrong and they make some big trades by tomorrow or at the very least in the offseason. Going for it once again in 2017 is a big f*** you to our entire fanbase.