White Sox Listening on Sale

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 10:28 AM)
Yeah, I follow you...but that isn't how negotiations work...we look at the market value of an asset, not the investment one counterparty may have made in that asset already.

If you are going to dock me that $63 million for Moncada, that decreases his value to me incredibly...because you're essentially paying a prospect $63 million. The entire point of trading Chris is to acquire prospects who make extremely little for the first 6 years of service time. This guy essentially is making $10.5 million for the first 6 years of his service time.

Maybe we can just trade them straight-up for Abreu?

Moncada is already paid, as is the league. So you get what cost $63 million for minimum, plus his first few years making nothing.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 10:35 AM)
Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal 1m1 minute ago

Asked a source how strongly I should pursue possibility of #RedSox acquiring #WhiteSox’s Sale. His response: “Don’t waste your time.”

109 retweets 78 likes

10 minutes ago he tweets Red Sox strongly pursuing sale and then he tweets this. He is just looking for hits and retweets. what an insider

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 08:31 AM)
Moncada is already paid, as is the league. So you get what cost $63 million for minimum, plus his first few years making nothing.

Yeah, again, I get it. And again, if you are going to dock me for that $63 million, it takes his value way the hell down...meaning, if you are going to include it in the equation for receiving Sale back, it's not like I am getting a prospect, it's like I am getting a $63 million guy that has never played.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 10:36 AM)
Yeah, again, I get it. And again, if you are going to dock me for that $63 million, it takes his value way the hell down...meaning, if you are going to include it in the equation for receiving Sale back, it's not like I am getting a prospect, it's like I am getting a $63 million guy that has never played.

And it's why Boston isn't going to move him along.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 10:32 AM)
Basically in the last 12 hours it went from "it won't happen, 1% chance" to "eh" to "maybe" to "oh wow this could be happening", at least from insiders.

A lot of people had this pegged. Everything escalates right before the deadline. Makes me feel silly for following so closely 10 days ago.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 10:36 AM)

Then you hang up and listen to what the Dodgers, Texas, and the Yankees have to say... or you wait until the off season when you have even more options.

I think Boston is trying their best to minimize the return, they will budge IMO. To clarify, they know Sale = Moncada/Benintendi minimum. They are trying to give up only 2 more middle of the pack prospects instead of kopech,devers or someone they truly like.

Edited by TheTruth05

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 10:44 AM)
Dombrowski always caves, so I do think Benintendi/Moncada is a possibility

I am really banking on this. So if we trade Sale and dont get Moncada this is going to be a really dark day for me.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 10:45 AM)
Meanwhile, I hope we're working on trades for Shields/Gonzalez/Robertson/Frazier/Melky

No s***!! I'm not gonna complain if Sale/Q are traded or not, but if nothing else is done, I will be irritated to say the least.

I think DD will cave. Hahn's negotiation started with the major league ball club (Boegarts, Betts and most realistically JBJ) and some prospects or the 5 top prospects. His "settle" point is your 4 top prospects: moancada, benintendi, devers and kopech. Take it or leave it. I do think they have traction on Q for the last three names and discussion is that if you want an "upgrade" to Sale, you include Moancada.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Aug 1, 2016 -> 10:44 AM)
Dombrowski always caves, so I do think Benintendi/Moncada is a possibility

I would be beyond thrilled if the Sox could get both Benintendi and Moncada for Sale. Seems like an absolute pipedream, however. I think this is the sticking point and reason why no deal will get done. Our Sox want both, but Boston ain't gonna do it.