Chance The Rapper +8 others concert @USCF

InTheDriversSeat

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 23, 2016 -> 11:39 PM)
Renting the Cell out for concerts is a dumb idea. Sox must need the money.

Or Chance the Rapper (and Kanye) are trying to bring entertainment and fun to the South Side and engage the younger people in society.

How you live in a college town is beyond me.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 26, 2016 -> 11:58 PM)
That's one hell of a lineup. A little bit of something for just about everyone.

An old rock and roller like me finds this statement funny. Caveat:I have no idea who any of these artists are so for all I know there could be jazz, rock , big band and country and classical music represented but I highly doubt it.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 25, 2016 -> 04:04 PM)
An old rock and roller like me finds this statement funny. Caveat:I have no idea who any of these artists are so for all I know there could be jazz, rock , big band and country and classical music represented but I highly doubt it.

It's just rap, pop, and electronic (or whatever Skrillex is classified as) so I don't know what that post meant

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Sep 25, 2016 -> 03:34 PM)
It's just rap, pop, and electronic (or whatever Skrillex is classified as) so I don't know what that post meant

Actually what I said about not knowing any of the artists wasn't entirely true. I only know Chance the Rapper from his Sox commercials but John Legend, Lil Wayne and Alicia Keys are huge artists and I even knew about Skrillex though I would certainly agree that their genre is hard to pinpoint.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 26, 2016 -> 12:50 AM)
Actually what I said about not knowing any of the artists wasn't entirely true. I only know Chance the Rapper from his Sox commercials but John Legend, Lil Wayne and Alicia Keys are huge artists and I even knew about Skrillex though I would certainly agree that their genre is hard to pinpoint.

I know the names of all of those acts and believe me those genres of music are not my cup of tea. That was an impressive lineup.

My guess is the White Sox do not benefit at all from that concert.

My guess is the White Sox do not benefit at all from that concert.

Money for rental of the stadium definitely goes to the Illinois Sports Facilities Authority (IFSA). Not sure if that revenue gets used for stadium improvements (which indirectly helps the White Sox).

Also, not sure who gets the parking and food / drinks / souvenir revenue. I suspect the Sox might get that because the Sox handle concessions the rest of the year.

Here are a bunch of photos and a review courtesy of the Illinois Entertainer music paper:

http://illinoisentertainer.com/2016/09/pho...cellular-field/

http://illinoisentertainer.com/2016/09/liv...cellular-field/

I've heard nothing but positive things about the show, and frankly it was one of the few positive moments with the south side front and center this year and the white sox stadium got to be a part of it. Chance has been a great ambassador for Chicago, let alone the sox.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 26, 2016 -> 03:05 PM)
I've heard nothing but positive things about the show, and frankly it was one of the few positive moments with the south side front and center this year and the white sox stadium got to be a part of it. Chance has been a great ambassador for Chicago, let alone the sox.

The stadium is much better equipped than wrigley and soldier field for a concert. Wrigley is abysmal for attending a concert.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 26, 2016 -> 04:12 PM)
The stadium is much better equipped than wrigley and soldier field for a concert. Wrigley is abysmal for attending a concert.

How so? I've been to soldier field, wasn't bad. Stadium sound is always bad.