Jose Fernandez dead

PolishPrince34

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (oldsox @ Oct 30, 2016 -> 08:42 PM)
Are you an expert on this subject, Southsider? I doubt it.

I am not, but there are plenty out there. If you aren't trolling and would like to learn something, this PBS special was a great primer.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/chasing-heroin/

Is it wrong of me not to feel anything for Jose Fernandez. And I'm not saying this because of the news regarding the cocaine, I've felt this way ever since I heard the news about his boating accident. You should know that (drunk or sober) you shouldn't be on a boat in the middle of the night, especially after a night of partying. Its extremely idiotic, especially going as fast as he was said to be going. If it wasn't for him, two other people would still be alive right now.

I feel bad for his family, especially his girlfriend and child. I feel bad for his friends that were on the boat with them and their families. And I feel bad for the Marlins, who as I think should totally blow it up and start from scratch.

I feel nothing for Jose Fernandez. What a waste of talent.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 04:20 PM)
Cocaine was big in the 80s and early 90s. It seems to be making a comeback. Non crack that is.

Cocaine never left, instead of the projects you can find it in high-rises and the suburbs.

Not all of my friends who use have smoked pot but they've all done coke (and heroin).

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Nov 1, 2016 -> 12:54 PM)
Is it wrong of me not to feel anything for Jose Fernandez. And I'm not saying this because of the news regarding the cocaine, I've felt this way ever since I heard the news about his boating accident. You should know that (drunk or sober) you shouldn't be on a boat in the middle of the night, especially after a night of partying. Its extremely idiotic, especially going as fast as he was said to be going. If it wasn't for him, two other people would still be alive right now.

I feel bad for his family, especially his girlfriend and child. I feel bad for his friends that were on the boat with them and their families. And I feel bad for the Marlins, who as I think should totally blow it up and start from scratch.

I feel nothing for Jose Fernandez. What a waste of talent.

Had Oscar Tavares survived his car crash, he's be sitting in jail for killing his girlfriend. (Assuming the DR has some kind of DUI manslaughter laws)

Instead, he lost his life in a tragic accident.

24 years old with fame and cash in Miami, a lot of us would make some bad decisions. He made more than one that night and he paid a price way too high. Why the cocaine does throw most of us aback, it still shouldn't make this any less of a tragedy. We all do stupid things. I do take issue with the family attorney saying it could have been involuntary. That is ridiculous, but I am sure he is laying the groundwork for defending a lawsuit or two.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 1, 2016 -> 01:18 PM)
24 years old with fame and cash in Miami, a lot of us would make some bad decisions. He made more than one that night and he paid a price way too high. Why the cocaine does throw most of us aback, it still shouldn't make this any less of a tragedy. We all do stupid things. I do take issue with the family attorney saying it could have been involuntary. That is ridiculous, but I am sure he is laying the groundwork for defending a lawsuit or two.

The one part about the bolded that bothers me is - if he's going out boating, intoxicated, with cocaine in his system, and he's doing that with a family left behind, then maybe there's some degree of sympathy for him that vanishes because by those bad decisions he left an unborn kid without a father.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 1, 2016 -> 12:11 PM)
The one part about the bolded that bothers me is - if he's going out boating, intoxicated, with cocaine in his system, and he's doing that with a family left behind, then maybe there's some degree of sympathy for him that vanishes because by those bad decisions he left an unborn kid without a father.

Making that sort of judgment is not even worth the energy it requires.

• 4 months later...