Jose Fernandez dead

PolishPrince34

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Sep 27, 2016 -> 03:28 PM)
Why was all of this in a bag? Was this a suicide? Seems like there is more to this story.

Or he gives the balls to people when he parks the boat near bars/restaurants. Doesn't seem anything other than three guys in their 20's doing something extremely risky, and the worst thing possible happened.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 27, 2016 -> 01:32 PM)
Or he gives the balls to people when he parks the boat near bars/restaurants. Doesn't seem anything other than three guys in their 20's doing something extremely risky, and the worst thing possible happened.

I only ask because of the texts that talked about how Jose was frustrated and needed to go out. I presume maybe he did just presign balls to give away where he went, I don't know. But the texts did indicate Jose wasn't in a happy state that night (and needed to blow off steam).

QUOTE (hi8is @ Sep 26, 2016 -> 11:53 PM)
That was unreal. Gotta say it... And it takes nothing away from that momentous at-bat.... I think Colon grooved that whole sequence with an intention of giving a lead off home run.

An 85 mph meat ball center cut and in on 2-0 just screams, "Mash me far".

If so... Nice move by Colon.

Such a class act by the Marlins playing with everyone wearing Fernandez jerseys.

I hope like hell he threw that pitch to Gordon on purpose. For all we know, Colon let Gordon know what was coming when the teams embraced pregame, and that wouldn't make me look him any differently.

QUOTE (bmags @ Sep 28, 2016 -> 07:23 AM)
Is it really that odd for Colon to groove an 82 mph fastball at this point?

He's got great control - only 32 walks this inning in almost 200 IP. Average fastball this season for his has been 88 MPH. I hope he did intentionally groove it in there. Mad respect if so but again, this is all wild speculation on my part.

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 29, 2016 -> 04:20 PM)
Cocaine was big in the 80s and early 90s. It seems to be making a comeback. Non crack that is.

I live in the NW suburbs. Heroin is really big out here. Within the last year, already know 3 kids a year older than me that have OD'd on Heroin.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Oct 30, 2016 -> 09:42 PM)
Are you an expert on this subject, Southsider? I doubt it.

Lol, both of the things he said are common knowledge these days. H is a big issue right now.

And no, I don't do heroin AND I know that! Crazytown!