NLDS: Giants vs. Evil Empire

LittleHurt05

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Oct 8, 2016 -> 03:56 AM)
My Facebook feed looks as if the cubs just won the WS. Calm down assholes.

To be fair a portion of those posts are people watching their first game ever tonight. Remember last year when Cubs fans say they rooted their whole life to make it to the NLCS

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 7, 2016 -> 10:59 PM)
To be fair a portion of those posts are people watching their first game ever tonight. Remember last year when Cubs fans say they rooted their whole life to make it to the NLCS

This series is far from over. Obviously tomorrow is basically a must win for the Giants but Hendricks is due for a stinker and just have to hope Shark is sharp.

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 7, 2016 -> 08:45 PM)
Not sure what stats say, but the Giants easily have the worst lineup of the 8 playoff teams

Would look a lot better with Span, Nunez, and Panik in. 2 guys sat due to a lefty on the mound (dumb) and one guy is injured.

Edit: actually, Tomlinson had a good year in a backup role. Makes sense he'd get in against a lefty. Gillaspie and Hernandez however should be on the bench.

Edited by soxfan2014

Cubs game rocked. Love seeing the bitter sox fans here (it's quite sad actually). Should calm down and remember our sox fans during the 2005 run. It always seems like our players are the good ones, but standing back from a far, way to go Baez! Stare that s*** down!

Still I kindaaaa want to see the Giants win it all just for the even year thing going on, but wouldn't mind the Cubs :D.

Tonight is a critically important game. Cubs go up 2-0 and this series is all but over. Giants steal one here and the series momentum slightly swings to the Giants going home with Bumgarner.

Unfortunately, the Giants have the Shark going.

What an intense matchup, playoff baseball is great and I love being 0.2 miles away from Wrigley!

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Oct 8, 2016 -> 03:30 PM)
Cubs game rocked. Love seeing the bitter sox fans here (it's quite sad actually). Should calm down and remember our sox fans during the 2005 run. It always seems like our players are the good ones, but standing back from a far, way to go Baez! Stare that s*** down!

Still I kindaaaa want to see the Giants win it all just for the even year thing going on, but wouldn't mind the Cubs :D.

Tonight is a critically important game. Cubs go up 2-0 and this series is all but over. Giants steal one here and the series momentum slightly swings to the Giants going home with Bumgarner.

What an intense matchup, playoff baseball is great and I love being 0.2 miles away from Wrigley!

You said that the Giants are no match for the Cubs and will be swept. This post doesn't sound nearly as confident as the prior post. Hedging?

Edited by JUSTgottaBELIEVE

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Oct 8, 2016 -> 03:30 PM)

We are incredibly sad because our team is incredibly sad. The whole organization is incredibly sad. It's okay to be sad, but this thread is pretty pathetic.

Jesus. Anybody in the Cubs infield would be the best non-pitcher on our team.

Edited by Deadpool

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Oct 9, 2016 -> 01:35 AM)
We are incredibly sad because our team is incredibly sad. The whole organization is incredibly sad. It's okay to be sad, but this thread is pretty pathetic.

Don't start this crap again this year. No clue how any true sox fan would ever root for the Cubs

QUOTE (Deadpool @ Oct 9, 2016 -> 01:35 AM)

Jesus. Anybody in the Cubs infield would be the best non-pitcher on our team.

Eaton is better than Russell and Baez with ease