2016-17 free agency thread (NON WHITE SOX RELATED)

southsider2k5

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Feb 3, 2017 -> 08:47 AM)
Reported last night that #Dodgers are finalist for Romo and also talking to Blanton. Another reliever who remains on their radar: Blevins.

https://twitter.com/Ken_Rosenthal/status/827557893826306049

If romo signs with dodgers could be a fallout of nationals going after robertson since they were on romo

:pray

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Feb 3, 2017 -> 07:23 PM)
Source: Sergio Romo, #Dodgers agree on contract. @MLBNetwork @MLB

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/827687326927106048

Nationals have to be getting desperate.

Highly doubt. Shawn Kelley is very good, and their bullpen is better than most people realize anyways. Robertson is a midway point trade piece.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 05:05 AM)
lol. Jason Hammel signing with the Royals is an indication that Q stays? 0 chance. No way Sox were giving him a 2 year deal. Other pitchers still on the market just like him.

Felt for a while now he was the replacement for Q if a move is made. It's fine though, don't mind Q staying based on some of these mediocre trade proposals.

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 5, 2017 -> 10:10 PM)
Felt for a while now he was the replacement for Q if a move is made. It's fine though, don't mind Q staying based on some of these mediocre trade proposals.

They can get anyone still available to replace Q...they can just bring back Peavy. They're not going to compete either way.

I don't think there's any correlation between the two moves at all. The Sox can easily sign a one year stopgap not named Hammel to round out the pitching staff for 2017 if Q is traded.

I don't really think the Sox care about a replacement. No matter who it is, I think the goal is to have a couple of these starters up here for the 2nd half of the season, which means if someone sucks and gets dumped, no big deal.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 6, 2017 -> 10:10 AM)
I don't really think the Sox care about a replacement. No matter who it is, I think the goal is to have a couple of these starters up here for the 2nd half of the season, which means if someone sucks and gets dumped, no big deal.

Exactly. They just need a warm body to eat MLB innings.