2016-17 free agency thread (NON WHITE SOX RELATED)

southsider2k5

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 8, 2017 -> 09:57 AM)
What would 31-year old Adam Dunn get in this market?

I'm looking at the numbers in the 3 years before he hit FA and thinking he might be in that 2/$20 range? Maybe longer and a little more money than Napoli et al. since he had hit better than them, but was never an all around star?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 8, 2017 -> 09:11 AM)
I'm looking at the numbers in the 3 years before he hit FA and thinking he might be in that 2/$20 range? Maybe longer and a little more money than Napoli et al. since he had hit better than them, but was never an all around star?

Although I just noticed Trumbo got 3/$37 at age 31 and Dunn's numbers are more consistent and has a far higher OBP. Seeing how teams are ignoring power, it's an interesting thought, but it's also hard to forget the worst season in the history of baseball Dunn immediately provided after signing.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-biggest...till-out-there/

I think Cameron's idea of picking up de la Rosa for super cheap and trying him out as a middle reliever is intriguing. If he's any good he could definitely be an interesting deadline trade piece, especially since he's left-handed. Thoughts?

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Feb 9, 2017 -> 10:58 AM)
http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/the-biggest...till-out-there/

I think Cameron's idea of picking up de la Rosa for super cheap and trying him out as a middle reliever is intriguing. If he's any good he could definitely be an interesting deadline trade piece, especially since he's left-handed. Thoughts?

Sure. Why not?

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 11, 2017 -> 11:10 PM)
To get rid of Brandon Phillips, the reds are paying near all salary and apparently getting little back.

I don't get how a guy like Phillips has so little trade value, all though it goes a long way towards explaining again why certain guys are still on the White Sox.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 12, 2017 -> 02:22 PM)
I don't get how a guy like Phillips has so little trade value, all though it goes a long way towards explaining again why certain guys are still on the White Sox.

It almost makes one think one might be able to assemble a team of over-the-hill veterans and WIN THE WHOLE DAMN THING

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 12, 2017 -> 04:22 PM)

I'm sure a lot of it had to do with bidding being muted with his no trade clause and enforcement of it.