2016-17 free agency thread (NON WHITE SOX RELATED)

southsider2k5

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 23, 2017 -> 06:35 PM)
TOR potential pitchers always trump second basemen.

I'm not high on Jose De Leon at all. Forsythe is a really solid baseball player offensively and defensively with a 2018 option. I think they could have gotten more than the 1-1.

Edited by Baron

• Replies 618
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forsythe had put up some pretty impressive war numbers when healthy...has that Maddon/TB positionally flexibility Friedman still apparently covets, and Kiki Hernandez was brutal last year in that role.

Also seems like the Twins overplayed their hand. What do they do with Dozier now? They still can't compete with him, and won't pay him to forego free agency.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 23, 2017 -> 08:01 PM)
Forsythe had put up some pretty impressive war numbers when healthy...has that Maddon/TB positionally flexibility Friedman still apparently covets, and Kiki Hernandez was brutal last year in that role.

Also seems like the Twins overplayed their hand. What do they do with Dozier now? They still can't compete with him, and won't pay him to forego free agency.

They'll deal Dozier at the deadline, just got to hope there are more suitors at that time.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jan 23, 2017 -> 06:44 PM)
I'm not high on Jose De Leon at all. Forsythe is a really solid baseball player offensively and defensively with a 2018 option. I think they could have gotten more than the 1-1.

JMHO but a solid 2B is nothing compared to DeLeon's potential. I'm sure they tried to get more than 1-1 but that was the deal they could make. So i don't think they could have gotten more. It's a steal for the Rays.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jan 23, 2017 -> 10:27 PM)
JMHO but a solid 2B is nothing compared to DeLeon's potential. I'm sure they tried to get more than 1-1 but that was the deal they could make. So i don't think they could have gotten more. It's a steal for the Rays.

Dozier is unlikely to repeat, but he put up some unreal numbers in a pitcher's park. Once again, the defensive value is getting so much attention it's almost reverse Moneyball.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 23, 2017 -> 10:30 PM)
Dozier is unlikely to repeat, but he put up some unreal numbers in a pitcher's park. Once again, the defensive value is getting so much attention it's almost reverse Moneyball.

Based on the numbers I can find, Target Field played as a top 10 hitters park in the league last year.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/stats/parkfactor

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jan 25, 2017 -> 02:16 PM)
Buster OlneyVerified account

‏@Buster_ESPN

Following

More

Source: Indians closing in on an agreement with Austin Jackson. Would give them RHed hitting center fielder they've been looking for.

Makes sense since they have 3 left-handed hitting OFs. Although they do have Guyer as well.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Jan 25, 2017 -> 02:16 PM)
Buster OlneyVerified account

‏@Buster_ESPN

Following

More

Source: Indians closing in on an agreement with Austin Jackson. Would give them RHed hitting center fielder they've been looking for.

Boras did this last year too with multiple agreements right after another.