World Series: Indians vs. Cubs

LittleHurt05

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 11:46 AM)
Not to be as ass but there's absolutely 0 chance that the Indians haven't lost 3 in a row this year.

3 games is their longest losing streak of the year. It happened 7 times. People used the longest losing streak stat and quickly turned into never lost 3 games in a row.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 11:46 AM)
Not to be as ass but there's absolutely 0 chance that the Indians haven't lost 3 in a row this year.

OK, they have lost three in a row, but not more than 3.

"How many times have the Indians lost three games in a row this season?

This is relevant, of course. Seven different times during the 2016 regular season the Indians lost three games in row. Most recently, it happened on Aug. 25, as they lost to the Rangers after dropping two to the Athletics. Interestingly, the Indians this season never lost more than three games in a row at any point. Given the sprawl of baseball's calendar, that's highly impressive."

QUOTE (iWin4Ron @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 11:51 AM)
OK, they have lost three in a row, but not more than 3.

"How many times have the Indians lost three games in a row this season?

This is relevant, of course. Seven different times during the 2016 regular season the Indians lost three games in row. Most recently, it happened on Aug. 25, as they lost to the Rangers after dropping two to the Athletics. Interestingly, the Indians this season never lost more than three games in a row at any point. Given the sprawl of baseball's calendar, that's highly impressive."

Impressive maybe but means nothing in the context of tonights game.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 12:20 PM)
I wonder what would happen if the Indians hit a walkoff grand slam down 3 in the bottom of the 9th against Chapman. That would be insanely awesome.

That's kinda why this World Series hasn't been that great, even though they are going to a Game 7. When a team doesn't really have a shot to come back, it makes it for pretty straightforward win or lose type games. I hope that continues with the Indians taking an early 4-0 lead, and they just win it.

QUOTE (flavum @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 12:25 PM)
That's kinda why this World Series hasn't been that great, even though they are going to a Game 7. When a team doesn't really have a shot to come back, it makes it for pretty straightforward win or lose type games. I hope that continues with the Indians taking an early 4-0 lead, and they just win it.

True. I think whoever scores first will win. The bullpens are too stacked on both sides for a ridiculous comeback, but it would be awesome if the Indians could have a walk-off.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 10:28 AM)
True. I think whoever scores first will win.

If either team is within a run in the first 4 or 5 innings I still think it's up for grabs. Depends on how soon the starter is replaced but using Chapman yesterday was a head-scratcher IMO.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 12:28 PM)
True. I think whoever scores first will win. The bullpens are too stacked on both sides for a ridiculous comeback, but it would be awesome if the Indians could have a walk-off.

While I certainly would be happy in the moment if that happens, I kinda don't want it to be a walk off, because then suddenly the Cubs will have played in a classic World Series, when it really hasn't been. Pretty similar to 1960 if you look it up. The wins were straightforward for both teams, then Game 7 was a bloodbath at the end with Mazeroski hitting the walkoff.

QUOTE (flavum @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 10:25 AM)

Game 3 was the best game by far.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 12:56 PM)
I would just like the Indians to be up 7-0 in the 3rd. Then I will put on my Sox hat and go bar hopping in Old Town.

I had my sox spring jacket on at starbucks this week. Another guy walks into the store with a similar jacket. We both looked at each and i said, thank God! He laughed.

QUOTE (whitesoxjr27 @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 01:14 PM)
I had my sox spring jacket on at starbucks this week. Another guy walks into the store with a similar jacket. We both looked at each and i said, thank God! He laughed.

I wore my Sox hat to work today (work in the loop) mostly so people on the streets selling "Cubs NL Champs" shirts wouldn't acknowledge me. Mission accomplished lol

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 01:26 PM)
I wore my Sox hat to work today (work in the loop) mostly so people on the streets selling "Cubs NL Champs" shirts wouldn't acknowledge me. Mission accomplished lol

Last year when the cubs were playing the mets i was walking into the bank and i had my sox jacket on. Guy with a cubs shirt comes up to me and says, "you have the wrong jacket on." This is why i hope they lose.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 01:26 PM)

I did wear my Sox hat all weekend after my neighbor chewed me out for not rooting for the Cubs. I figured with my Sox hat on, no one would say Go Cubs to me, and it worked. Had several people in passing cars honk and give me a thumbs up. A few people walking by did the same. I think living on the north side, it is assumed I am a Cubs fan. My wife is sporting a White Sox hoody today. God bless her.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Nov 2, 2016 -> 12:20 PM)
I wonder what would happen if the Indians hit a walkoff grand slam down 3 in the bottom of the 9th against Chapman. That would be insanely awesome.

Steve Gardner

Indians 4, Cubs 3: Corey Kluber and the Indians bullpen turn in another gallant effort and Ramirez hits a walk-off homer off Aroldis Chapman to give Cleveland the title. MVP: Jose Ramirez.