Legitimate chance of Sale trade to #Nationals per Rosenthal

DirtySox

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 09:06 AM)
But at the same time, if you're the White Sox and you're trading Chris Sale, you just can't settle. Either you get your guy (Turner) or you hold on to Sale/trade him elsewhere. Someone will bite eventually. If they don't (unlikely), then we have a HOF-caliber pitcher on our team.

Completely agree. That's why to me, Trea Turner needs to be in this deal. Guys like Chris Sale are not traded like this, especially at 27 with 4+ years of control left. But with our incompetent organization, we have to. This is a franchise changing/saving/etc. move. They absolutely cannot afford to mess this up. (Similar to the Bears draft this coming offseason)

QUOTE (Username @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 09:18 AM)
Exactly. I know it's not a position player, but a valuable ML player like Ross would certainly elevate the Sale package well beyond the Miller package.

Giolito/Robles is a decent start to a package, but much more would have to be coming to the White Sox

I would insist on Reynaldo Lopez as the third piece. He has arguably had more minor league success than Giolito this past season, and I like how he is now trending upward in value.

Then I require two more high upside pieces. Carter Kieboom gets included in the package, as well as either Neuse or Stevenson

Anything less and I don't think the overall package will be worth it to the White Sox without Turner in it. Giolito is a prospect with upside, but one that is arguably declining. He is nowhere near the prospect that Urias is.

I am not accepting Fedde over Lopez. Lopez is a significantly better prospect.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 09:32 AM)
Completely agree. That's why to me, Trea Turner needs to be in this deal. Guys like Chris Sale are not traded like this, especially at 27 with 4+ years of control left. But with our incompetent organization, we have to. This is a franchise changing/saving/etc. move. They absolutely cannot afford to mess this up. (Similar to the Bears draft this coming offseason)

The way I feel is if Sale alone cannot pry Turner I'm willing to sweeten pot of ML talent to help.

Take it with a massive grain of salt but a guy on a football message board that broke the news of the Thornburg trade 18 hours before it happened is saying he has a source that says the Red Sox are making a push for Sale with Moncada/Kopech/Basabe.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/view...144406#21144406

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 09:32 AM)

Turner for Sale isn't going to happen. The Nats offense is already meh and they will likely lose Harper in 2 years. We have to aim for players like Turner on other teams who may be expendable (Benintendi with Boston's position player depth at the MLB level and minors, Bregman if Astros sign another bat).

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 09:35 AM)
Take it with a massive grain of salt but a guy on a football message board that broke the news of the Thornburg trade 18 hours before it happened is saying he has a source that says the Red Sox are making a push for Sale with Moncada/Kopech/Basabe.

This. This I could get behind. I'd like Devers to be included as well but I'd still prefer this over Washington's offer even without him.

Moncada would be delicious.

QUOTE (ChiSoxFanMike @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 09:36 AM)
This. This I could get behind. I'd like Devers to be included as well but I'd still prefer this over Washington's offer even without him.

I'd support it too. If Devers is the piece we have to lose in the negotiations so be it. Thinking, "this is Sale we should get everything we want" will lead us nowhere

Yeah going to be interesting. I like Kopech a lot and his AFL probably vaults him to top 25 soon. Kopech Rodon and Burdi are some big arms to have on a team.

Good find. Thank you.

Moncada, Kopech, Basabe is a good start. Throw in one of Groome/Rodriguez, and Swihart. Or none of those 3 and Devers.

Moncada/Kopech/Basabe is way too light of a return for me

To even consider the offer I would need

Moncada or Benintendi + Devers + Groome + Kopech

Anything less than 4 top 100 prospects would be a big failure on the part of the White Sox. Make a team pay dearly

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 09:40 AM)
Moncada/Kopech/Basabe is way too light of a return for me

To even consider the offer I would need

Moncada or Benintendi + Devers + Groome + Kopech

Anything less than 4 top 100 prospects would be a big failure on the part of the White Sox. Make a team pay dearly

Need to start thinking about frameworks instead of deals. Unlikely that is final package. But Top 5 prospect in baseball plus 100 mph arm plus 20 year old center fielder with good hit tool and OBP skills is a framework to pit against Nationals.

I don't consider Moncada that much better than Robles, though it helps his power has developed earlier.

Really depends how much you hate Giolito, to me. But Basabe may be better third piece unless we get back Lopez.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 09:43 AM)
Need to start thinking about frameworks instead of deals. Unlikely that is final package. But Top 5 prospect in baseball plus 100 mph arm plus 20 year old center fielder with good hit tool and OBP skills is a framework to pit against Nationals.

I do care about framework

Benintendi/Moncada would be great additions with upside

Devers is really a must for me as a second piece

I would consider a Benintendi / Devers / Kopech / Basabe package + maybe one more lower level prospect

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 09:43 AM)

I would consider a Benintendi / Devers / Kopech / Basabe package + maybe one more lower level prospect

QUOTE (iamshack @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 08:55 AM)
I smell what you're stepping in but I just don't think it reflects the belief of our own FO.

Having a bad taste in your mouth about the front office is understandable. But at the same time, there is a ton of fire out there that shows they are doing exactly what everyone wants them to be doing. They are asking for the sun, but working to get the moon and Mars instead.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 09:53 AM)

I think we'll need to sweeten our end with a reliever.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 6, 2016 -> 07:54 AM)
Having a bad taste in your mouth about the front office is understandable. But at the same time, there is a ton of fire out there that shows they are doing exactly what everyone wants them to be doing. They are asking for the sun, but working to get the moon and Mars instead.

I, for one, have confidence in the FO to do this. I don't necessarily blame them for holding out, either.

In regards to my comments about Turner, I am just reading the tea leaves here. I truly think if the main two pieces from the Nats were agreed to, this would have continued to pick up steam last night.