2017 Minor League Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (beautox @ Jun 20, 2017 -> 09:51 AM)
from Marc Hulet @ fangraphs link

Hansen has performed well, no doubt, but I will reserve judgement until I see him do it against better competition than low A hitters.

He's 22 years old and facing a ton of younger players in Kannapolis. I'd like to see him up at A+ or even possibly AA to really test him.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jun 21, 2017 -> 04:20 PM)
Hansen has performed well, no doubt, but I will reserve judgement until I see him do it against better competition than low A hitters.

He's 22 years old and facing a ton of younger players in Kannapolis. I'd like to see him up at A+ or even possibly AA to really test him.

He was god-awful last year against college kids. He has made huge improvements in repeat-ability and specifically in walks. Getting excited about Hanson is quite all right.

Even though Hansen struggled in 2015-16 in college, he did well this year at Kanny, and Low A is vastly superior to college ball. If I were a Doctor, I would characterize his last year at OU as a 'Hiccup".

Edited by oldsox

QUOTE (beautox @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 06:13 PM)

I mean...this writer had no more info than the rest of us have from the boxscores. Not sure if I agree with his assessment that he will be in Low-A soon. Didn't Hahn say he would spend all of 2017 in the DSL?

QUOTE (turnin' two @ Jun 25, 2017 -> 11:25 AM)
Curbelo hasn't played in a couple days, anyone know whats going on?

At what point does the concern about Collins batting .209 in high A ball set in? I know he draws walks, but any defensive improvements will be useless if he cannot make better contact moving forward.

I'm certainly not writing him off, but would have much preferred Kyle Lewis as the pick instead of Collins. If not for the injury I think Lewis would be mashing right now.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Jun 23, 2017 -> 10:54 PM)
I mean...this writer had no more info than the rest of us have from the boxscores. Not sure if I agree with his assessment that he will be in Low-A soon. Didn't Hahn say he would spend all of 2017 in the DSL?

Sadly, there isn't much to get out of that site (Minor League Ball) anymore. John Sickels is a good guy, and he used to be a key voice. But he hit some major health issues and hasn't seen anyone play in person in quite a few years. He just amalgamates others' content now, which isn't necessarily a bad thing at all, but he's not adding anything new to the picture. It could be useful for people who aren't heavily aware of the system, which is all fine, but for people back here I wouldn't bother with that site for White Sox info.

QUOTE (ChiSox59 @ Jun 27, 2017 -> 03:10 PM)
Where do we expect to see Alec Hanson in updated top 100s? Top 50 guy? Better?

Back end of the top 100 I would guess at mid season rankings. He's 22 and did very well against low A ball competition and rookie ball players in the past year. He needs to produce against better players at the high A level to really solidify himself as a top prospect. He certainly has the tools to become a quality starter, he just needs to keep up the solid work.