Charlie Tilson Injured

Chicago White Sox

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 13, 2017 -> 04:11 PM)
It's 3 weeks and try again. The history of this type of injury indicates that setting any timetable is foolish. Season hasn't even started and you're already trolling, or just your usual failure to read between the lines I guess. This isn't a pulled hamstring with a predictable time frame for recovery. It's also the type of injury where the player gets the go ahead for full speed and games, and then doesn't react so well to game speed and has to rest more.

I'll go ahead and bet you that he doesn't play in a MLB game before June. Take that bet? If you want me to be charitable I'll even go June 15th.

Dude, ptatc has an actual background in this profession.

So what's the OF situation going to look like come opening day? Bourjos will most certiantly make the team now (which was already a strong possibility), but this has to create a spot for someone that was previously a long-shot. Liriano makes the most sense IMO given he can play all three positions and is out of options. Engel & May definitely need more minor league seasoning, which also helps Liriano's cause. That only leaves L. Garcia and I think he makes the team as the utility man / 5th OF regardless, so Tilson's situation doesn't really impact him. Not sure there is really anyone else in the mix.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 13, 2017 -> 05:54 PM)
Dude, ptatc has an actual background in this profession.

He's right that stress reactions are very unpredictable. I'm betting on the fact that they caught it early, but it's a shot in the dark either way.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 13, 2017 -> 03:33 PM)
This is a complete overreaction and gross simplification. Looking at his minor league career, he pretty much took the field every day. I don't think two fluke injuries change that, at least not at this time.

Guess I'm complete and gross then. Not the kids fault but he's unreliable now until or if he proves otherwise.

But it really doesn't matter anyway. Put a giraffe in center for all I care for the next few years. Lose games, get high draft picks, that's the M.O. for right now.

Mark

I hope Tilson keeps his head. Has to be so unbelievably frustrating to get your shot in the majors, get seemingly handed a starting position, and then suddenly be injured on your first game and then can't recover.

Sucks as a fan, but I feel for the guy. Now, I would love if Adam Engel found his AFL groove in AAA and we suddenly catch lightning in a bottle from an unlikely source.

• 2 weeks later...