2017 MLB Catch-All Thread

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 29, 2017 -> 01:28 PM)
Atlanta BravesVerified account @Braves The #Braves today designated RHP Bartolo Colón for assignment and selected the contract of LHP Rex Brothers from Triple-A @GwinnettBraves.

Rex Brothers is still in baseball?

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw a graphic where MLB is on pace to break a record 6 years in a row for ABs that end with a walk or a k. Right now they are at 30%. It has to peak soon.

It's becoming a problem. It makes the games longer, and walks and strikeouts are pretty boring to most. They said this during the Red Sox game last night and were talking about millennials and there phones. Then they showed millennial after millennial in the stands paying no attention to the game and watching videos on their phones.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 30, 2017 -> 10:27 AM)
I saw a graphic where MLB is on pace to break a record 6 years in a row for ABs that end with a walk or a k. Right now they are at 30%. It has to peak soon.

It's becoming a problem. It makes the games longer, and walks and strikeouts are pretty boring to most. They said this during the Red Sox game last night and were talking about millennials and there phones. Then they showed millennial after millennial in the stands paying no attention to the game and watching videos on their phones.

I'm not sure anything that happens in a baseball game would be enough to get them off their phones, tbh.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 30, 2017 -> 12:59 PM)
I'm not sure anything that happens in a baseball game would be enough to get them off their phones, tbh.

At Blackhawks games I see people deep into their phones all through live action. If hockey can't keep them off their phones, there is nothing baseball can do. It just comes with the territory in today's world.

Season is half over - 1,215 games played.

3,067 home runs hit - average team on pace for 204

Average run scored - 4.67 per team/ per game (Sox 4.56)

Last year was 4.48 runs/ game and 187 home runs

Biggest factor- juiced ball

Another factor- 10-day DL

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 2, 2017 -> 05:19 PM)
AL 2nd Wildcard based on first 81 games for each team:

KC 41-40 --

LAA 41-40 --

TB 41-40 --

Min 41-40 --

Tex 40-41 1

Bal 40-41 1

Sea 40-41 1

Tor 37-44 4

Det 36-45 5

Sox 36-45 5

Oak 35-46 6

http://www.fangraphs.com/depthcharts.aspx?position=Standings

Projected to finish 69-93, 3rd pick, two games behind Padres

LAD, Wash, Cubs, Ariz, Colorado

Houston, Boston, CLE, NYY, TB

Two divisions with three playoff teams.

Cardinals, Toronto, Angels, Mets at 81/82 wins. Huge separation to get to that final AL wild card spot.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/fantasy/dc/

Sox and White Sox to both go 37-45, would put Sox at 72-90

Rays battle Jays for final Wild Card spot. BP must not be counting on Trout return for their numbers.

Casey Stern‏Verified account @CaseyStern 3m3 minutes ago

More

Ned Yost told me in no uncertain terms, that the #Royals will buy NOT sell at the deadline. "We're going for this thing." @MLBNetworkRadio

The weird thing with Benintendi is his fWAR was only 1 or 1.1 before that huge offensive explosion vs. Darvish.

They say he's a good defender, and he makes some spectacular plays, but you would expect him to be in the 1.5-2 range at least.

Carlos Correa almost ended his season with an ill-advised dive headfirst into home and jammed his finger...the one personnel loss the Astros couldn't afford. Fortunate.